free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

luckyfamilyof3

Earning My Ears
I thought this might be worth posting. We were told to ask our congressman about free tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I emailed his office, they asked us how many adults/kids and what date. I received confirmation that our free tickets are at will-call for the date we will be there.

Our tickets include:

> admission to the grounds, including all exhibits and shows
> bus tour, including observation gantry, international space station center, and apollo saturn V center
> opportunity to see both IMAX movies (I'm not sure what "opportunity" means)
> visit to the astronaut hall of fame
> tickets valid for two days of admission

It was cheaper for us to fly in on a Thursday and stay an extra night in a hotel, instead of flying in Friday for a Saturday cruise. Go figure. So we will be going to Kennedy on our extra day! :woohoo:

We are from Alabama and our tickets are supposed to be taken care of too. Just waiting to hear the final word.

Awesome!! Thanks for posting this! I am definately going to give it a try! We are flying in the day before and had thought about going, but could not justify the added expense with everything else, but if the tickets are free--we are there!!!!!
THANKS!!!:banana:

I heard about this here on DisBoards *after* we had already gone. (Last February) Figures! LOL Thanks for sharing and saving people some money. Have a great time!

I am in Texas and I just email my congressman. I will post when (and if) i get a reply, and thanks again!!

Anyone have anymore info on this??? Im confused:confused3 I live in Florida and we are going on the Wonder end of May but heading over there Friday and were planning on doing KSC Saturday so this would be great!!!!:cool1:

I believe these are available to everyone if you contact your local representative/senator. However, I believe they also only alot a certain number of these and they tend to go fast so don't wait to ask if you plan on going early!

Just emailed my congressman and will let you know what I hear. Hoping this to be true as we would love to have the Friday before we leaving this October to visit the Kennedy Space Center.

We were able to get 4 free tickets for next month for our family of 6 from our Congressman's office (Nebraska). What a great deal!!

I just wonder..............If I would e-mail him and ask for a round trip cruise on the Magic or Wonder.............:lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing:...........Forgive me ................... I just was thinking this. HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE.

I just emailed my representative and told him that we were heading down for spring break and wanted to tour the Kennedy Space Center with the kids. I asked if he had any comp tickets that were available for this. I asked for 7 because we are going with another family. His staffer called back and asked for the name of the other family because they are ony allowed to give 4 tickets per family. She said she would get this taken care of. Of course I looked on the website and emailed my representative directly and made sure I thanked him for the wonderful job he was doing. It must have worked because within a couple of weeks his staffers were calling. I am just patiently waiting my tickets or information. Hope this helps. If at first you are told no, keep explaining what you are wanting. The first time they were try to give me tickets to the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. When I explained what I wanted, the staffer said "I don't think we offer these". I asked nicely if she could check and get back with me. Sure enough it worked.

Here is the response from my Congressman (TX)

Mr Illini_Fan

Thanks for contacting me regarding tickets to the Kennedy Space Center. I was curious if you were requesting tickets for a NASA launch or just to get into the Kennedy Space Center. If you were just wanting entrance passes to tour the Space Center, you can purchase those on your own. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Staff Assistant

I e-mailed all of our representatives last November for tickets in January. I never received a response. I'm curious to see if anyone in NC had better luck that I. :confused3

Here is the response from my Congressman (TX)

Mr Illini_Fan

Thanks for contacting me regarding tickets to the Kennedy Space Center. I was curious if you were requesting tickets for a NASA launch or just to get into the Kennedy Space Center. If you were just wanting entrance passes to tour the Space Center, you can purchase those on your own. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Staff Assistant

Well dang. I am in TX too so I guess I should not bother. Did you contact Kay Bailey Hutchison's office? Since up for Gov I was wondering if they would "dig harder" to accommodate.

I got a standard email from them explaining high email volume...we'll see if I get an actual response...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter