Free Dining Plan

Totally understand!!! Not only did those people that went in Nov/Dec go for cheaper than the rest of the year, they also had an opportunity for Free dining! It's not fair because I was there in October and I just missed the free dining promo for 07! I'm just hoping I can get SOME discount for September 07!!! So far I can't get any! I'm going to try calling again with another code that someone gave me for the 40% off thing.

It's nothing personal that you chose to travel in October and the offer came out for November/December.

It's also not personal that you chose to travel in October when, if you've been doing research, you probably realize that value season is in the first two weeks of December.

Sometimes you're the fire hydrant, sometimes you're the dog, right?

I was disappointed with the dates the bounce-back was offered, but I didn't get angry about it as I'm sure there have been times I've visited WDW where I had discounts and others didn't. As a matter of fact, I have never gone without some type of discount. I feel it all just kind of averages out. And for anyone that gets that upset about it, you always have to choice to vacation elsewhere. With that said, am I hoping for free DDP again? You betcha!!!

It's nothing personal that you chose to travel in October and the offer came out for November/December.

It's also not personal that you chose to travel in October when, if you've been doing research, you probably realize that value season is in the first two weeks of December.

I chose October and will most likely always choose Sept/Oct, it's the best time to go (IN MY OPINION). I'm sure I"m not the only one upset that they missed free dining (so far). But it's not like it's stopping me from going to Disney! This time I paid for it and if free dining comes out this year, it will be a bonus. But if you had a chance to save over $500 and missed it, I have a right to be upset about it. But what am I gonna do? Nothing!! I'm still going.

Value season might be first 2 weeks in december, but Sept October are also 'cheaper' than other times of the year with the least attendence.
I just want SOME discout like eveyone is saying that they have and I just can't seem to get any right now. I will keep trying though.

September is value season. October is not. Of course if your reservation starts in September the value price will carry over until October.

WDW isn't in business to be "fair" about when it offers discounts or to whom. To be "fair" they would have to offer the same discount to everybody, which would affect the bottom line, or no discount to anyone, which would affect their ability to target certain demographics that might spend more once they get onsite.

It may seem like everyone else has a discount but that isn't true. My April reservation is still at rack rate. Well, I picked a busy weekend, shouldn't expect them to offer discounts when they don't need help to fill the rooms.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Maybe they'll offer the free dining for the general public later on, if they still have lower attendance projected for that period.

Sometimes you're the fire hydrant, sometimes you're the dog, right?
:lmao:

I was disappointed with the dates the bounce-back was offered, but I didn't get angry about it as I'm sure there have been times I've visited WDW where I had discounts and others didn't. As a matter of fact, I have never gone without some type of discount. I feel it all just kind of averages out. And for anyone that gets that upset about it, you always have to choice to vacation elsewhere.
Indeed. I went to WDW year-after-year, missing out on AP room discounts because I just didn't call in fast enough. It wasn't that I wasn't eligible -- it was that the discounts were gone by the time I called. Do I blame anyone for getting the discounts I didn't get? Do I blame Disney for not keeping a discount available for me? Of course not!

I'm guessing that November and December were chosen for bounce back bookings because they are very highly attended by on-site guests and would make a better test for their pilot program.

:lmao:

Indeed. I went to WDW year-after-year, missing out on AP room discounts because I just didn't call in fast enough. It wasn't that I wasn't eligible -- it was that the discounts were gone by the time I called. Do I blame anyone for getting the discounts I didn't get? Do I blame Disney for not keeping a discount available for me? Of course not!

If there's a way to get a discount, I want it and if I miss it, yeah, I'll be a little mad. I'm not talking a few dollars though... Last year after free dining came out, I called to update my reservation and Disney refunded me over $500. That's alot of money! If I miss it because I forgot to call or whatever, yeah I'll be mad.. not at Disney, at myself!

In Oct. '05 we missed free dining by 10 days. Last year we missed it by ONE day. But we do not have the luxury of changing our dates, so we paid for the plan both times.:confused3 You can't always take advantage of the offers- that's life. We are AP holders but our room in December was at AAA rate because there weren't any rooms with the AP discount and it was only a $4 difference per night anyway. If you join AAA and buy APs then there will pretty much be some sort of discount available. If you choose not to buy those things, then you take your chances with other offers. It is what it is.

Please understand that the point of discount offers is to attract guests who would not have otherwise visited.

:confused3 I realize that. But I still think it stinks that the ONE and only time were planning on going they've offered it two specific groups...non of which a large number of people could be part of.

On a side note... we happen to be going to Orlando for something other than WDW (that's why were going during that time and no other)...it just happed that we've decided to add on a few days at the world as a bonus. At one point we did discuss only booking WDW 'IF' they offered the free dinning...but in the end we've decided to go ahead and book it if they do or not... BUT it would be nice if they did... we'd be able to add on even more days to our stay.

But I still think it stinks that the ONE and only time were planning on going they've offered it two specific groups...non of which a large number of people could be part of.

I hear ya. DH is a teacher so we have to go during school breaks. We never get a discount on anything. This year we're waiting until the last possible time - 1 week before he has to go back to work. But it still looks like it won't be late enough to qualify for discounts. Of course it would all be different if I had booked the "bounce back" deal, but that means I would've had to book it last fall at a time when I couldn't possibly be at WDW because of school (((sigh))) It's a vicious cycle :laughing:

For all that miss free dining by a day or 2....
I *think* you can book early even though you won't arrive until you can... So say Free dining ended on Sept 29th and you'r check in date was Sept 30th. If you book that extra day (even though you aren't there) you can get free dining for the remainder of your trip.
I've heard of people doing this. Even though you pay an extra night and you're not even there, it may be worth it in free food.

For all that miss free dining by a day or 2....
I *think* you can book early even though you won't arrive until you can... So say Free dining ended on Sept 29th and you'r check in date was Sept 30th. If you book that extra day (even though you aren't there) you can get free dining for the remainder of your trip.
I've heard of people doing this. Even though you pay an extra night and you're not even there, it may be worth it in free food.

I'm not sure if that is correct. I thought the one thing they were really strict on is that you had to actually check-in in person on the date the reservation starts. Maybe they make exceptions if you arrive late due to inclimate weather or flight problems. Anyone know for sure?

40% was a PIN code. You would have gotten it in the regular mail or an email. There was no public code for that offer.

40% was a PIN code. You would have gotten it in the regular mail or an email. There was no public code for that offer.

I am extremely happy right now!!!
I just called Disney (yet again) with this 40% off pin code. She said there was no pin attached to my name and she tried a few different things, but still no pin... So I gave up and right before I hung up the phone I had a thought :idea:
I asked if there were an pin codes attached to my OLD last name since we booked our honeymoon under my old last name... AND THERE WAS!!!! :goodvibes
I just switched from Caribbean Beach to Animal Kingdom Lodge savannah view for almost the same price with the 40% off!! I'm so excited, I never staed at AKL!!!

I just called 407-WDISNEY and the CM told me they were not going to offer the free dining this year. :sad1:

She told me a lot of people were asking the same question and they were told they weren't going to have it

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in anything that anybody's saying right now. Wait until April and see if it's offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter