Free Dining Plan

The only way free dining has been offered is if you pay rack rate to CRO or the AAA rate to AAA for your vacation package. There have been no other ways of getting free dining.

So much for it being "free."

Yes, indeed. "Free" dining is a minomer, to say the least.

While not actually free, I have done this in 2005 and 2006 and have absolutely no problem paying an extra $23 a night (plus tax) to stay at a value resort and get the dining plan for our entire room. This year some of our rooms will be 2 adults and 2 juniors which would total $155 for the ddp per day, so paying the $23+ per day is certainly worth it to us and we are AP holders. In 2005 we gave up our CM discounted rooms to get the free ddp promotion and found it completely worth it. The savings in delux rooms are a completely different thing. THis year we plan to purchase the free ddp package for 4 or 5 nights, then move to the BCV 2-br for the other half of our trip and no ddp. However, if the free ddp does not get offered, we will most likely stay with the AP discount for the first few days before moving to the BCV.

I'm a non-DVC owner, put am close to renting pts. for a ressie at OKW. Would this eliminate me from free dining also.

Thanks,
Nancy S

Yes. But you'd be paying less for your room and getting a bigger room, plus the dining plan (which you would be paying for.)

A lot of people fall for the word "free" and think that's the only place the value lies. It's not even certain that the free dining plan will be offered to the general public this year yet.

Hoping for free dining this year. For a family of 5 staying 14-21 nights its a bargain. I am still keeping fingers crossed as Swan and Dolphin are offering very cheap rates at this time of year - probably to compete with free dining. If its not available I will gladly pay for dining package as our dinner alone comes to $299.

If you stay at the Swan/Dolphin, you won't be able to purchase the dining plan. It's only available to guests at Disney resorts.

If you have a trip booked already you will have to cancel and rebook as a completely new trip....

This isn't true... At least I was told this wasn't by someone at 407-WDISNEY when I called yesterday.
I asked what would happen if free dining comes out and he said they can modify my existing reservation. :confused3

The only way free dining has been offered is if you pay rack rate to CRO or the AAA rate to AAA for your vacation package. There have been no other ways of getting free dining.

I'm a novice at all of this, so I appreciate the wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again,
Nancy S

Yes. But you'd be paying less for your room and getting a bigger room, plus the dining plan (which you would be paying for.)

A lot of people fall for the word "free" and think that's the only place the value lies. It's not even certain that the free dining plan will be offered to the general public this year yet.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, this novice is learning alot.

Thank you,
Nancy S

I agree with a previous poster, Disney normally offers the Free Dining when attendance is low as a way to book up the rooms. If rooms are already booked during the slow season then they won't have to offer the Free Dining as a way to get the rooms booked. I'm going to wait until if/when Free Dining is announced.

just subscribing... hoping for fre dinning in late July

The odds on it being offered for late July seem to be not so good.

In the past it has always started in mid-August and runs through September. The Bounce Back bookings were permitted starting August 5.

I can't see free dining only for UK/European guests though. This is America and we should get a discount first! j/k
Last year, was free dining for anyone that bought a package regardless of what country you were from? I'm not sure, because if that's the case, Disney is probably just trying to get as many foreigners to Disney this year first, that way they'll make tons of more money.
Regarding the "bouce back offer", where is that posted, do you need a package for that or is it room only?
THANKS!

I totally agree with you. Not saying what I think will be what Disney thinks...but IMO Disney should offer for a period of time the FREE DDP to ANYONE. What makes me the MOST mad/frustrated about them offering free dinning to UK guests and the bounce back folks is...we've been planning a trip to WDW for this exact time frame for the past two years (has NOTHING to do with the past Free DDP offers) and it just steams me to think that there will be people there enjoying the DDP FREE simpely becasue of where they lived or because they were fortunate enough to be able to go to Disney in Nov/Dec 06. I can't help it that I'm a US resident...and not from the UK or that I wasn't able to afford a family trip to Disney in Dec. to take advantage of the offer. We've been planning and saving for this trip since 2005 and the free DDP would help in more ways than I can count.

Anyhow...I have my fingers crossed that in a few weeks they'll announce the ddp free to anyone/everyone (of course with limitations and requirements). :wizard:

we've been planning a trip to WDW for this exact time frame for the past two years
Please understand that the point of discount offers is to attract guests who would not have otherwise visited.

The odds on it being offered for late July seem to be not so good.

In the past it has always started in mid-August and runs through September. The Bounce Back bookings were permitted starting August 5.

Yeah... I know, i can hope cant i :)

...and it just steams me to think that there will be people there enjoying the DDP FREE simpely becasue of where they lived or because they were fortunate enough to be able to go to Disney in Nov/Dec 06.

I think you need to put this in persepective... if it really steams you that someone is getting "free" DDP, I hope you never buy things, fly, rent a car, take a cruise, buy a house, stay in a hotel, etc, because someone is always getting something cheaper than you are.

It's not "free" either because they are paying rack rate -- and you may be able to get a discounted room, or to save even more stay offsite and buy meals as you want...

You have no idea how anoying it has been when the USA got free dining and those from the UK had to pay. I was in tears. It should be offered to everyone and it should have been offered to everyone from the start.

You have no idea how anoying it has been when the USA got free dining and those from the UK had to pay. I was in tears. It should be offered to everyone and it should have been offered to everyone from the start.

You can have the free dining plan for Disney UK.

:happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv: :happytv:

I totally agree with you. Not saying what I think will be what Disney thinks...but IMO Disney should offer for a period of time the FREE DDP to ANYONE. What makes me the MOST mad/frustrated about them offering free dinning to UK guests and the bounce back folks is...we've been planning a trip to WDW for this exact time frame for the past two years (has NOTHING to do with the past Free DDP offers) and it just steams me to think that there will be people there enjoying the DDP FREE simpely becasue of where they lived or because they were fortunate enough to be able to go to Disney in Nov/Dec 06. I can't help it that I'm a US resident...and not from the UK or that I wasn't able to afford a family trip to Disney in Dec. to take advantage of the offer. We've been planning and saving for this trip since 2005 and the free DDP would help in more ways than I can count.

Anyhow...I have my fingers crossed that in a few weeks they'll announce the ddp free to anyone/everyone (of course with limitations and requirements). :wizard:

Totally understand!!! Not only did those people that went in Nov/Dec go for cheaper than the rest of the year, they also had an opportunity for Free dining! It's not fair because I was there in October and I just missed the free dining promo for 07! I'm just hoping I can get SOME discount for September 07!!! So far I can't get any! I'm going to try calling again with another code that someone gave me for the 40% off thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter