Free Dining Plan

The free dining period has already been designated for this year. There will be guests at WDW enjoying free dining for check-ins from August 5 through September 29, 2007. This encompasses the eligible periods for both the bounce-back offer and the UK/European offer. It's not clear whether there will be any further offers, nor whether such offers will or will not be within that period.

The free dining period has already been designated for this year. There will be guests at WDW enjoying free dining for check-ins from August 5 through September 29, 2007. This encompasses the eligible periods for both the bounce-back offer and the UK/European offer. It's not clear whether there will be any further offers, nor whether such offers will or will not be within that period.

I can't see free dining only for UK/European guests though. This is America and we should get a discount first! j/k
Last year, was free dining for anyone that bought a package regardless of what country you were from? I'm not sure, because if that's the case, Disney is probably just trying to get as many foreigners to Disney this year first, that way they'll make tons of more money.
Regarding the "bouce back offer", where is that posted, do you need a package for that or is it room only?
THANKS!

The bounce back was for guests who were staying onsite in November or December of 2006. If you booked a vacation for August or September of 2007 before you checked out you got free dining. We were at Pop in December and booked for August at WL with free dining.

I was told yesterday that the 40% offer has been extended to 3/15. If they offer free DDP at all, I believe it will be after the current promo ends. Here's what I'm concerned about -- was the offer extended to book more rooms so they don't have to offer free DDP to fill the resorts? I know a lot of people have booked with the promo as a "just in case", but feel many will still keep the reservation even if free DDP is offered. I think that's what Disney is banking on as well. Hmmm, I guess we'll know for sure in about three weeks!

we had a trip booked Sept 29th - October 5th.... We got free dining the whole time since we booked 2 days before it was over. .

You got the plan extra days, even though it had "expired?" That's awesome to know!

Yep, as long as you check-in on or before the last date the promo is offered, you get the benefits for the duration of your visit. There were thousands of people checking in on 9/29 last year -- and I was one of them!

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before.

We are DVC owners. Can we book a stay on points in September with a MYW ticket and qualify for free dining (if it is available of course)?

Diana

No free DDP when staying on points.

The one thing that has been consistant with free DDP is that you must pay rack rate for the room to qualify for the promo.

I just booked September 6-11 for my DD and I but I have never used the DP. Do you have to book with pkg and then you can get credit if they offer free dining and is the DP worth it? We never use it. When do the codes usually come out for Sept? And also does it matter if I booked thru member services for my ressie because it is DVC. Do they get the discount? Sorry I am a little confused. :cheer2:

We are DVC owners. Can we book a stay on points in September with a MYW ticket and qualify for free dining (if it is available of course)?

1) Are you booked at a DVC resort on points? Then you need to buy the dining plan through DVC, if you want it. You must call Member Services and add it to your reservation before your check-in date. You will need to pay for it at check-in. A DVC reservation, whether or not you buy tickets, does not count as a package and is not eligible for the free dining offer as it has been presented in previous years.

2) Are you booked at a non-DVC resort on points? If so, you're out of luck. DVC members who are booked on points at a resort other than a DVC resort are ineligible to book the dining plan because they have not purchased a room/tickets package.

thanks for the replies.

Hmmm - does it seem fair that DVC owners can't take advantage of the free dining if it is offered? After all we have paid a 'fair whack' to be part of the magic.

Checking the DISboards every day and keeping my fingers crossed. popcorn:: Going some time last 2 weeks of August - haven't booked yet. I don't care what resort I stay in - free dining for 5 big eaters will be an enormous savings!

thanks for the replies.

Hmmm - does it seem fair that DVC owners can't take advantage of the free dining if it is offered? After all we have paid a 'fair whack' to be part of the magic.

Ooooo - you're asking for trouble with that one! :teeth:

You can take advantage of free dining -- you just have to book a room through CRO and pay rack rate for it.

You bought into DVC to have a prepaid vacation at DVC resorts for the next how-ever-many years...nowhere did it include anything about free dining. But don't worry, you'll have the last laugh when you're still able to get studios for 10pts/nt in twenty years.

And yes, I'm a DVC owner too so I know where you're coming from but realize we can't have it all (as much as we -- myself included, would like to).

thanks for the replies.

I don't consider it in the least unfair. My booking at OKW last September, plus the purchased dining plan, was probably comparable to a booking at Pop Century or another value with the free dining and a one-day ticket. I didn't need the ticket (I have an AP), and the OKW room is much bigger than a value room.

We're lucky they even let us purchase the dining plan.

I don't consider it in the least unfair. My booking at OKW last September, plus the purchased dining plan, was probably comparable to a booking at Pop Century or another value with the free dining and a one-day ticket. I didn't need the ticket (I have an AP), and the OKW room is much bigger than a value room.

We're lucky they even let us purchase the dining plan.

I'm a non-DVC owner, put am close to renting pts. for a ressie at OKW. Would this eliminate me from free dining also.

Thanks,
Nancy S

I was told yesterday that the 40% offer has been extended to 3/15. If they offer free DDP at all, I believe it will be after the current promo ends. Here's what I'm concerned about -- was the offer extended to book more rooms so they don't have to offer free DDP to fill the resorts? I know a lot of people have booked with the promo as a "just in case", but feel many will still keep the reservation even if free DDP is offered. I think that's what Disney is banking on as well. Hmmm, I guess we'll know for sure in about three weeks!

Can I just ask, 40% off what price? The lowest price or the highest price? Just the room or room and tickets???? curious?:confused3 If we stayed at a value resort and the lowest amount was $ 80 (or so ) we would get 40% off that?

I recieved the physical post card in the mail in January and the last day to book had always been March 15th. So, really, there hasn't been an extension.

I'm a non-DVC owner, put am close to renting pts. for a ressie at OKW. Would this eliminate me from free dining also.
The only way free dining has been offered is if you pay rack rate to CRO or the AAA rate to AAA for your vacation package. There have been no other ways of getting free dining.

Hoping for free dining this year. For a family of 5 staying 14-21 nights its a bargain. I am still keeping fingers crossed as Swan and Dolphin are offering very cheap rates at this time of year - probably to compete with free dining. If its not available I will gladly pay for dining package as our dinner alone comes to $299.

The only way free dining has been offered is if you pay rack rate to CRO or the AAA rate to AAA for your vacation package. There have been no other ways of getting free dining.

Ive gotten free dining through Expedia and it included a discounted room rate.

You're unique then. Several folks have related their experiences being unable to get free dining through Expedia, and some have even related their experiences being unable to get the paid Dining Plan through Expedia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter