Fornite info for a volunteer who does not have children please

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
The title pretty much says it all in a class I volunteer in the one thing the students talk about is fornite and I tried Googling it with no luck

The title pretty much says it all in a class I volunteer in the one thing the students talk about is fornite and I tried Googling it with no luck

Fortnite is a video game. Your character gets airlifted to an area and you jump off and start killing other players. The goal is to be the last person or team standing (different modes of play). You can collect wood, metal, weapons to assist you in play.

Fortnite is a video game. Your character gets airlifted to an area and you jump off and start killing other players. The goal is to be the last person or team standing (different modes of play). You can collect wood, metal, weapons to assist you in play.

This is true but is somehow not as violent as it sounds either. It is very bright coloured and cartoony, no blood or realistic violence. And it's also fun they can make friends by dancing at each other or whatever lol.

Look it up on Youtube. There are literally thousands of videos of people playing through the game.

Trust me, my two tween boys have watched EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Fortnite - the latest way we desensitize and isolate kids from reality. Sit inside and stare at a screen for hours. No wonder we have so many ADHD kids now. Their brains are wired for instant gratification at such an early age. I believe it adds to the increase in anxiety now too. Students can't put their phones away, and have no time to process things. It's all 'what next, what next'? They even have made it a disability - video game addiction.

In our house it's just part of the videogame rotation. Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblocks. It could always be worse. At least they're playing cooperatively and as a team. Sure do miss the days of Club Penguin and Animal Jam though.

Fortnite - the latest way we desensitize and isolate kids from reality. Sit inside and stare at a screen for hours. No wonder we have so many ADHD kids now. Their brains are wired for instant gratification at such an early age. I believe it adds to the increase in anxiety now too. Students can't put their phones away, and have no time to process things. It's all 'what next, what next'? They even have made it a disability - video game addiction.

Bah. Nothing like the pragmatic realism evinced by the old Laurel and Hardy flicks or Punch and Judy shows? Come on. Isolating man from reality has been the goal of creative artists since the beginning of time. As my father's grade school report cards clearly show, attention disorders have been around for just as long (okay, he's only 75 but the point stands). I mean, we didn't call it that... or anything; we did the sensible thing and labeled the child an imbecile and steer him towards trade school or the Army. The good old days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter