Former Escape brides! Post your ESCAPE cake!

Because her ceremony was starting in 15 minutes at Sea Breeze Point and we were stalking it! :rotfl:

I was wondering about the color thing too...I want the scrolls cake but I want the cake frosting to be pink with white trim maybe. Does anyone know what the upgrade charge is for just an extra tier?

Is the scroll cake buttercream? I really have an odd hatred for fondant. Its one of those things I can't explain, I must have buttercream. :)

It would be awesome to get colored buttercream

I was wondering about the color thing too...I want the scrolls cake but I want the cake frosting to be pink with white trim maybe. Does anyone know what the upgrade charge is for just an extra tier?

Our upcharge was $200 or $250 - I've lost track a little bit over a year's time! That included an extra tier and the upgrade to a Mickey's delight cake from the standard cake. I imagine the extra tier itself is closer to $125 or $150. Be warned though - it's a LOT of cake!!!

Our upcharge was $200 or $250 - I've lost track a little bit over a year's time! That included an extra tier and the upgrade to a Mickey's delight cake from the standard cake. I imagine the extra tier itself is closer to $125 or $150. Be warned though - it's a LOT of cake!!!

Sheesh that seems like a lot...maybe it's just me though, lol...I figured it would be a lot of cake, but part of me wants the third tier to save the top and part of me just wants to be able to pick three flavor combinations. :lmao: Your cake was so cute, but I'm trying to stay away from fondant because I've never had it and I hear so many mixed things about it. It was fondant right?

Your TR is what made me want a fireworks cruise by the way! (Random tidbit :goodvibes)

You can still save the top layer of your Escape cake - the bottom layer alone feeds something like 20-30 people. :thumbsup2

Fondant is always applied over buttercream frosting, and you don't actually eat the fondant (well, Disney's, anyway). They peel it off and you are left with the buttercream underneath. The real reason to stay away from fondant is that it costs more than buttercream, but this doesn't matter for the standard Escape cakes because they are included as part of the package.

I think it looks kinda icky when they peel it off too. Just not my thing.

I am for buttercream. Its yummy and pretty. :)

You can still save the top layer of your Escape cake - the bottom layer alone feeds something like 20-30 people. :thumbsup2

Fondant is always applied over buttercream frosting, and you don't actually eat the fondant (well, Disney's, anyway). They peel it off and you are left with the buttercream underneath. The real reason to stay away from fondant is that it costs more than buttercream, but this doesn't matter for the standard Escape cakes because they are included as part of the package.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that big I guess. Do you know which out of the pictures you took from the Boardwalk Bakery are considered the "standard" cake with no upgrade charge?

And by the way, thank you for all the help! You've answered a ton of my questions and it's been a huge help. :worship:

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that big I guess. Do you know which out of the pictures you took from the Boardwalk Bakery are considered the "standard" cake with no upgrade charge?

And by the way, thank you for all the help! You've answered a ton of my questions and it's been a huge help. :worship:

They are all standard cakes.

They are all standard cakes.

I figured the two on the ends in this picture
IMG_1392.jpg

would be an upcharge because they look more complicated, but that's cool that they're all standard. Thanks. :goodvibes

you CAN get a cake without fondant, but I dont think you can get Mickey's delight without it. I dont think they can stamp the mickeys on buttercream, you could ask for a buttercream cake with little mickeys made of frsting with a decorator tip perhaps? I know I have seen one but I dont remember whose PJ or TR it was!

Is it possible to get the cake without the fondant? I was explaining the "peeling off the fondant and the buttercream is underneath" and John is not happy about that. We have an Escape cake - the Mickey's Delight.

the Mickey's Delight has to be fondant because of the Mickey Stamp...also I see you're close to your wedding, and I don't know how far out you have to request that.

They might be able to do a form of the Mickey's Delight with buttercream, but it might cost extra, as it's more labor intensive to frost all those Mickey's on there.

I assume there's icing under the fondant...correct?? I gotta check 'cause I'm an icing girl! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter