Former Escape brides! Post your ESCAPE cake!

Yes! There's always icing under the fondant. It needs something to stick to. :goodvibes

does anyone know if they charge you to do different colors? I like the scroll cake but i want to know if the cake can be blue and the scroll work brown!

I'm supposed to get a call tomorrow from Rosie to discuss these very issues. I'll let you know what I find out!

Kim

Kim- Did you ever hear back from Rosie on this? I'm really curious to know! I would love the Modern Deco cake but in Fuschia and Orange:love: Thanks!

Kim- Did you ever hear back from Rosie on this? I'm really curious to know! I would love the Modern Deco cake but in Fuschia and Orange Thanks!

We're having the Modern Deco cake too! But, I want the background to be blue and the top designs orange. Also, it looks like there's gold little accents, but I would like for those to be silver.

Well, I did speak to Rosie this week (she's WONDERFUL!!), but she doesn't handle the cake. So, I asked my coordinator again about this. She said that she asked the bakery, but never heard anything back. She said, "no news is good news", so I'm hopeful that it won't cost any extra. To me, as long as I'm not asking them to change the design, the color change shouldn't be extra....but what do I know?? :confused3

I'll let you know when I hear something definite from my coordinator...

We're having the Modern Deco cake too! But, I want the background to be blue and the top designs orange. Also, it looks like there's gold little accents, but I would like for those to be silver.

Well, I did speak to Rosie this week (she's WONDERFUL!!), but she doesn't handle the cake. So, I asked my coordinator again about this. She said that she asked the bakery, but never heard anything back. She said, "no news is good news", so I'm hopeful that it won't cost any extra. To me, as long as I'm not asking them to change the design, the color change shouldn't be extra....but what do I know?? :confused3

I'll let you know when I hear something definite from my coordinator...

Thanks for the info! I was wondering what they told you. I'm hoping that they dont charge for it... I know that with the bouquets you can change the colors as long as the flowers you chose grow naturally in the color you want and they don't charge you. But who knows :confused3

We are thinking of having the modern deco cake and if we could change the colours that would be fab.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering what they told you. I'm hoping that they dont charge for it... I know that with the bouquets you can change the colors as long as the flowers you chose grow naturally in the color you want and they don't charge you. But who knows

I was pleasantly surprised when speaking with Rosie about my bouquet. I wanted the "French Hand-Tied" but with orange gerbera daisies with a blue hydrangea filler (I know it sounds funny, but I saw a picture of a similar one and it was really cool). Rosie told me that it would probably be the same....at the most it would be $25 extra due to hydrangea being a little more expensive. I was cool with that! She was even discussing needing to "spray" the hydrangea to match the "tiffany box" blue I want. But, she didn't say that would be extra. :woohoo:

Thanks! Wow that's great:banana:! Seems like they are getting more lax with the Escape package... except with the photo part of the package:headache:

I am SOOOO glad you had them leave the fondant on and that your guests didn't freak out about it! I have always gringed when i hear that Disney pulls the fondant off! I agree with PP who said it's like skinning something then eating it!

Not all Fondant tastes bad!! Granted, it is a personal taste, much like all cake flavors! Carrie would never eat a cake with fruit in it :rotfl: and i'd never eat the German Chocolate one! :scared: I really encourage everyone to ask your cake server to just leave it on! if your guests do not like the taste/texture of it, they can remove it them selves!! The idea of the server pulling stuff of my cake before he serves it to me!??!?! :eek: Thanks, but I'll disect my own food if that's all right with you. :laughing:

besides....i think the cake looks all smeary and icky after the fondant is removed!

The roses and drapes one

This is our exact cake! But with ivory and pink roses! Your picture is beautiful, so much better than the one in the brochure they sent us! I can't wait, 13 days and counting!

XO

Here is ours:

cakewithflowers.jpg

We requested the Elegant Scrolls style. It was done in buttercream instead of fondant, and we asked to change the flowers to light and dark purple roses instead of whatever flower usually comes on it. We had no extra charges.

The top tier was marble with buttercream and the bottom was chocolate with peanut butter cup mousse. Both were incredible!

Heading to Disney on Sunday. Is there any place I can buy that Cinderella cake topper?

thanks.

Heading to Disney on Sunday. Is there any place I can buy that Cinderella cake topper?

thanks.

DH got it for me as a present back in April. It's Lenox, and I'm pretty sure he ordered it online. However, I think I've seen it on the Disney Store web site, so I'm sure you can find it somewhere at Disney. Maybe World of Disney or Art of Disney?

Geek+Nerd: it's soo helpful to know that you can change out the fondant for buttercream. And at no charge, that's something I'll probably do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter