Food in a Studio

What food do you want to eat? You basically can make anything with at least a Microwave and Toaster.

It really comes down to what you prefer to eat and then we can work back to how you make that specific food and what to buy to make it happen.

Does anyone have an electric hot plate in their owner's locker? Would Disney have any issue with one of those being used in a studio?

Just don't plan on having a freezer section in your refrigerator in a studio. We did have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches (egg, cheese, sausage and English Muffin) and they defrosted nicely i the refrigerator. The microwave sucked big ones. None of the buttons worked except the 1, 2 and 3 for 1 min, 2 min and 3 min. Since we only used it for hot chocolate and heating up the sandwiches, we didn't bother getting any one to replace it. We did need Maintenance to come for the bathroom drain (wouldn't drain), the DVR ( wasn't connected and we weren't smart enough to check that) and a broken toilet seat (wooden one that cracked replaced with a plastic one). The maintenance people and housekeepers were excellent at OKW. We also were missing cups, both ceramic and paper for hot drinks, and plastic cups. They brought them over in a matter of minutes.

Just don't plan on having a freezer section in your refrigerator in a studio. We did have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches (egg, cheese, sausage and English Muffin) and they defrosted nicely i the refrigerator.

You could put it in a cooler (soft sided) with ICE if you really needed to keep something frozen. As for the sandwiches if your there for 6-7 days I don't see it likely being an issue more many frozen food (well except Ice Cream haha). Size of the fridge is a big obstacle though for sure.

If you need extra disposables for dining, just contact Housekeeping and tell them what you need. But they told me whatever they find left over in the villa after you leave, they will just toss out because of covid. We brought our extras home with us and will use them the next time we stay in a studio.

Scrambled eggs also super easy in microwave you just need a glass container. 6 eggs will take about 4 minutes and they are super fluffy

I put all kinds of stuff in my toaster; pizza, eggrolls, fried dumplings. I've never heard of toaster bags. When making a grilled cheese I simply turn the toaster on its side. Bread with a slice of cheese on top on one side and then the other slice of bread in the other slot. My kids love when the bread is ejected the pieces end up on top of each other. Voilà grilled cheese.

breakfast is the only meal we’re normally in the room for
We do scrambled eggs in the microwave (we buy the eggs and a half gallon of milk at the shop when we get there)
I bring salt and pepper from home
We usually do toast to go with it
Microwave oatmeal

good luck and enjoy your stay!!

facebook twitter