Fast pass +

Ok total guess on my part

Indoor mask announcement tomorrow or deff within the next 2 weeks
Fast pass AND firework announcement this coming Thursday ( a month from 4th of July holiday )

Or more likely ill come back to the thread next week depressed

Last edited:
I'm torn on whether I want them or not. I'm well within my 60 days, so now I feel like it would be like Hunger Games if I now had to get them as I would be competing with everyone instead of just resort guests. Also, I was SO LOOKING FORWARD to not having my day fully scheduled. But, I'm stuck in Canada right now and not even allowed to buy underwear or have 1 person over my house (indoor or out), so at this point I'll take anything!
Wait. What?
You can’t buy underwear in Canada? And we’re worried about FP+? Is there a shortage? Are government officials worried they transmit Covid? What is going on in Canada?

Wait. What?
You can’t buy underwear in Canada? And we’re worried about FP+? Is there a shortage? Are government officials worried they transmit Covid? What is going on in Canada?
In Ontario we can't buy anything non essential until mid June. Clothing has been labelled non essential, as well as shoes, greeting cards anything basically but food and pharmacy.

Well, I guess that makes sense. My wife and son are both still working from home. Most days they work in their pajamas. :)

Yikes. I assume you can still order things online from Amazon and the like though, right?

with 4 kids my pile to return to the store when we are allowed to is getting huge from guessing sizes.Sometimes I order two sizes so I can get one that fits at least .. luckily I can afford to buy extra and hold on to return .

We are going at Christmas and it will be crazy. For the cost of Disney I’d like to know we can get on 3 rides without massive waits and then when we feel it’s too much crowd wise we can leave feeling like we’ve at least done something ..,

We are going at Christmas and it will be crazy. For the cost of Disney I’d like to know we can get on 3 rides without massive waits and then when we feel it’s too much crowd wise we can leave feeling like we’ve at least done something ..,
I don’t think there’s any way to know that right now. Don’t make nonrefundable plans.

I don’t think there’s any way to know that right now. Don’t make nonrefundable plans.

I don’t need to know now. All I meant was it’s nice to o EI at bare min we will be able to ride 3 rides a day without ridiculous waits .
We are coming regardless. We have JetBlue vouchers that’s coots in June , discovery cove tickets they no longer seem thrilled about rescheduling .. if we don’t come over the holidays we will lose a ton..

In Ontario we can't buy anything non essential until mid June. Clothing has been labelled non essential, as well as shoes, greeting cards anything basically but food and pharmacy.

Wow, I remember here in the States when Walmart and Target in some locations tried restricting shoppers to food and pharmacy only, and it was a mess. At some point, when a person only has clothes that can’t be mended any longer, and no credit or debit card to shop online, new clothes shopping in person becomes essential. I hope that ends for you soon, as planned.

To the topic at hand, I personally believe masks indoors will go away after everything else is back to “normal”. They will want to see how comfortable the guests are just being in closer contact with others first. I believe Fastpass (or replacement) will be announced first.

I have read quite a few posts from people who are concerned about the fact that when they booked, COVID restrictions were in place, and now that some restrictions are relaxed they no longer feel comfortable and want to cancel. Many of them are in regards to people who either are too young for a vaccine or have a medical reason that prevents them getting a vaccine, so they are concerned about mixing with unmasked, unvaccinated guests.

I think the idea of Fastpass, where their time in close proximity to other guests is reduced, will help to relieve some of those concerns. It’s possible the two announcements could be close together, but I still think Fastpass first, masks indoors second, would prevent more guest cancellations and complaints.

I guess I'm hoping that more things open before FP+ comes back. Sure, if I had 3 FP my wait for those 3 rides will be short, but my waits for any other ride will be significantly longer than the waits posted now...and it's not like I can just go watch the show at the castle, or Beauty and the Beast or visit with Characters instead of getting in a stand by line that's over an hour long.

I think my biggest concern is that Fast Pass opens for my trip dates and I am unaware of it. I would hope that there is warning.

The other thing I don't like is how park reservations fit in with this. Right now I have DHS on day 2 of my trip because there is no FP. If there is FP, I would want that DHS day later in the trip to improve my odds of getting the FP I want. Same with AK -- I'd move that day from day 3 to day 5 to improve my chances of getting FOP.

I hope whatever they bring in will be so expensive that hardly no one uses it (like VIP tours are now) or egalitarian.
The problem with FP+ is that it shortens your wait for those rides and greatly increases your wait on the other rides. Then with the tiers you weren't able to get a FP for all the rides that have a long line forcing you to RP the others anyway.

On Canada shopping. Wow, I thought it was bad I couldn't buy another bra because changing rooms were closed. I went a year with only a black bra. It is so nice to wear white t-shirts again.

I hope whatever they bring in will be so expensive that hardly no one uses it (like VIP tours are now) or egalitarian.
The problem with FP+ is that it shortens your wait for those rides and greatly increases your wait on the other rides. Then with the tiers you weren't able to get a FP for all the rides that have a long line forcing you to RP the others anyway.

On Canada shopping. Wow, I thought it was bad I couldn't buy another bra because changing rooms were closed. I went a year with only a black bra. It is so nice to wear white t-shirts again.
For those of us who were able to get FP+ for any and every ride we wanted, it would be an adjustment for sure. Being able to ride every ride without waiting was fun.
But, I would likely prefer what you said over something like Express pass. Something that is priced around $100-300, where many people could likely still do it, but it would limit others quite a bit.

I first had the FP glitch in February and never paid much attention since but it def has been there at least a few other times.

I am against paying for FP unless there is some sort of real cheap/free option.
Say everyone gets two free and you can buy extra. I don’t like making people who are not as well off being/feeling like they can’t get the same experience.

clothes as not a necessary item??
at least you have health insurance, want to trade some clothes for insurance lol

We have gone to Disney three times now since they have put the Fast Pass system on hold, and if I am being honest I really enjoy not having it. Lines just overall move so much faster since essentially the standby line has doubled in hourly capacity. And Disney can add ride capacity as they let more people into the parks be simply getting rid of the entire empty chair between riders thing and go back to the old way of loading the rides. It honestly has been super nice not worrying about making a fast pass at a certain time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter