• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Since having park reservations, there have been very few times that park hopping has not been allowed. And even then, its only been for a few hours.

Hi. We were told from an online Cast Member that if a park is at capacity, then even with a Park Hopper you could not enter the park later in the day. However, we currently have friends down at Disney World. MK and DHS are at capacity. In fact, our friends tried to reserved the MK in the morning, but were denied. However, later in the day, they entered no problem with the Parker Hopper.

Can someone please tell me if we would be able to use the Park Hopper for 8/7-8/14? Three out of four parks are showing at capacity, but that doesn't seem to matter....at least according to our friends' current experience.
Please read post 1 of this thread, Everything Park Hopping.

Hi. We were told from an online Cast Member that if a park is at capacity, then even with a Park Hopper you could not enter the park later in the day. However, we currently have friends down at Disney World. MK and DHS are at capacity. In fact, our friends tried to reserved the MK in the morning, but were denied. However, later in the day, they entered no problem with the Parker Hopper.

Can someone please tell me if we would be able to use the Park Hopper for 8/7-8/14? Three out of four parks are showing at capacity, but that doesn't seem to matter....at least according to our friends' current experience.
I was told a similar story last night when I called to add a day to our tickets. I think they are just reading a script or something. Why would I pay so much extra for park hoppers if we're later told we can't hop? I'm not worrying about it since in reality it hasn't been an issue at all.

I was told a similar story last night when I called to add a day to our tickets. I think they are just reading a script or something. Why would I pay so much extra for park hoppers if we're later told we can't hop? I'm not worrying about it since in reality it hasn't been an issue at all.

This applies to every public venue in the country. When something is at maximum capacity - you will not be admitted no matter what. So they have to have that disclaimer. Parks nearly never reach capacity other than the most peak few days around the holidays and this year on the first day of the 50th. This is nothing new and has always been the case with park hoppers forever.

If our first park is AK and we check in (we have PH ) we can then PH to MK after 2pm. Once we check in at MK can we leave and still get back in later even if it is full to capacity after we leave.

Yes. But it has nothing to do with whether you have already entered.

It won't be full to capacity. Unless it is New Years Eve, don't give it a second thought.

If our first park is AK and we check in (we have PH ) we can then PH to MK after 2pm. Once we check in at MK can we leave and still get back in later even if it is full to capacity after we leave.
Technically no. You’ll be able to get back into AK if AK hits capacity. But not MK.

However, practically speaking, you’ll be fine. I was able to hop to MK on NYE 2021 around 11pm with no issues.

We want to have an Epcot morning and then hop to MK for the night. I'm assuming MK will have no reservations on that day as per norm.

Has anyone been denied entrance when hopping to MK in that situation?

We want to have an Epcot morning and then hop to MK for the night. I'm assuming MK will have no reservations on that day as per norm.

Has anyone been denied entrance when hopping to MK in that situation?
Yes, if they are full and it's showing no reservations available (I realise you dont book one if park hopping) but they will turn you away so you need to check the reservation calendar before you decide to head over there

Yes, if they are full and it's showing no reservations available (I realise you dont book one if park hopping) but they will turn you away so you need to check the reservation calendar before you decide to head over there

Really? I thought you could hop even if reservations were full. Is this new?

Good thing I asked,

No that’s wrong. The only time they stopped Park hopping was for a couple of hours during the Oct 1 50th anniversary day. You can park hop after 2 pm doesn’t matter if the park has reservation available. Just have to go to your park reservation park first.
It still says on the Disney World website "Please note that the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations" (https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/guest-services/park-hopper/).
I've seen many posts on several disney groups I'm on where they have been turned away due to the park being at full capacity.

It still says on the Disney World website "Please note that the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations" (https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/guest-services/park-hopper/).
I've seen many posts on several disney groups I'm on where they have been turned away due to the park being at full capacity.
Yes but we all know even if no park reservations available that dosnt mean the park has everyone in it who reserved. Only Holidays will be suspect to being turned away aka New Years and such.

Yes but we all know even if no park reservations available that dosnt mean the park has everyone in it who reserved. Only Holidays will be suspect to being turned away aka New Years and such.
I was just sharing what both the official disney website said and what I've read of other people's experiences 🤷🏻‍♀️

Obviously the poster is absolutely entitled to head over to MK or any other park they fancy after 2pm but it was just a heads up that they may be turned away

I was just sharing what both the official disney website said and what I've read of other people's experiences 🤷🏻‍♀️

Obviously the poster is absolutely entitled to head over to MK or any other park they fancy after 2pm but it was just a heads up that they may be turned away

They won’t be turned away. The reservation system has been in effect for two years and the only time park hopping wasn’t available was a brief period at MK on the 50th anniversary.

I have hopped many times on sold out days and never turned away. It is of course possible, but in my experience you’ll get an alert, I was there on the 50th and it alerted me park hopping wasn’t available. I was already in MK so not an issue.

The chance of being turned away on a non holiday day is slim. Even if the park is at capacity for reservations that means every single person who reserved is in the park at that moment, plus any extra space they saved for hoppers. But it is of course possible and May happen this year on Christmas Day or New Years.

Saying all that you WILL be turned away if you reserved Epcot and never scan into Epcot and show up at MK at 2.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter