Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

I was just sharing what both the official disney website said and what I've read of other people's experiences 🤷🏻‍♀️

Obviously the poster is absolutely entitled to head over to MK or any other park they fancy after 2pm but it was just a heads up that they may be turned away
Kinda curious about the other peoples experiences. Did they get turned away due to not tapping into their park reservation park first? this is a completely different issue than hopping being closed off to guests

It still says on the Disney World website "Please note that the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations" (https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/guest-services/park-hopper/).
I've seen many posts on several disney groups I'm on where they have been turned away due to the park being at full capacity.
honestly, i do not believe they were turned away due to capacity
people can post anything but I’ve been in the parks on their most crowded days and was not turned away from hopping
it has not happened other than on 10/1 very briefly
Disney has a CYA clause in there but has not used it other than 10/1
no reservation at the next park will not turn you away as long as you tap in to your reserved park first

Last edited:
Kinda curious about the other peoples experiences. Did they get turned away due to not tapping into their park reservation park first? this is a completely different issue than hopping being closed off to guests
I have no idea if I'm honest but I've only seen it within the past 4 or so months so didn't actually know if it was down to more visitors now coming to the parks (I understand international borders opened last Nov but genuinely didn't know what other reason it could be).
Fair enough if they can get in, that's great 👍

I have hopped many times on sold out days and never turned away. It is of course possible, but in my experience you’ll get an alert, I was there on the 50th and it alerted me park hopping wasn’t available. I was already in MK so not an issue.

The chance of being turned away on a non holiday day is slim. Even if the park is at capacity for reservations that means every single person who reserved is in the park at that moment, plus any extra space they saved for hoppers. But it is of course possible and May happen this year on Christmas Day or New Years.

Saying all that you WILL be turned away if you reserved Epcot and never scan into Epcot and show up at MK at 2.
I was there on both nye, and christmas
no issues with capacity and hopping either day
it wasn’t very crowded at all

I have no idea if I'm honest but I've only seen it within the past 4 or so months so didn't actually know if it was down to more visitors now coming to the parks (I understand international borders opened last Nov but genuinely didn't know what other reason it could be).
For sure gets confusing. I know since this year and the opening of international travel, day of park reservations are very limited if at all available. So many people either didn't book and tried to walk up and was turned away, or booked a different park and thought they could hop right to a different park at 2pm. I have seen a lot of this in the forums and social media. But like others have said as long as you tap in and than hop after 2 everything should be fine.

I was there on both nye, and christmas
no issues with capacity and hopping either day
it wasn’t very crowded at all
Totally, I was more saying for this coming year those are the only 2 days I would watch for it. Historically they were the only a days that ever had capacity closures pre covid.

A whole lot of guests do not realize they must tap in to their first park in order to hop
or do know and try to hop anyway
then they complain they couldn’t get in
they leave out the part about their mistake. I often wonder if it is to make it sound bad on Disney’s side. Not all but some

Last edited:
I know since this year and the opening of international travel, day of park reservations are very limited if at all available.
I went to WDW on a random Friday in May and had no problem getting any park reservation same-day (I literally didn't decide to go until after midnight - and then changed my plans a handful of times on the way to the airport, and to WDW from MCO).

I went to WDW on a random Friday in May and had no problem getting any park reservation same-day (I literally didn't decide to go until after midnight - and then changed my plans a handful of times on the way to the airport, and to WDW from MCO).
Once summer vaca hit things got tight

I park hopped to MK on Aug 6. People at next turnstile where trying to get into MK without any park reservations (MK and Epcot were booked full) so definitely can see people trying to hop without going to first park.

If our first park is AK and we check in (we have PH ) we can then PH to MK after 2pm. Once we check in at MK can we leave and still get back in later even if it is full to capacity after we leave.
The only park you are guaranteed to access from park open to close is the park you have a reservation for.

That being said, the only time a park was closed to hopping was MK for a few hours, the afternoon of the 50th Anniversary, Oct 1, 2021.

I would not give a second thought to the ability to hop to any park you wish.

question about park hopping and Halloween party... I will be starting my day at Hollywood Studios, so have a reservation there. Have a Halloween party ticket for MK for that night. Everything says that entry for the party starts at 4pm. Can I park hop to be in MK prior to 4pm? I don't see why not as I could just be hopping and going to leave MK at 6 when the park closes for the party but just need clarification. Hope this makes sense!

question about park hopping and Halloween party... I will be starting my day at Hollywood Studios, so have a reservation there. Have a Halloween party ticket for MK for that night. Everything says that entry for the party starts at 4pm. Can I park hop to be in MK prior to 4pm? I don't see why not as I could just be hopping and going to leave MK at 6 when the park closes for the party but just need clarification. Hope this makes sense!
If you have a park hopper ticket, you can hop to the MK after 2 PM. You don't have to wait until 4 PM.

Has anyone tried to park-hop into a park at 1:47pm? I've heard that is kind of a magic time that cast members will let you early. Anyone have any experience with this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter