Email from unknown poster looks like Chinese

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
I get about 100 or more emails a day from that appears to be coming from the Disboards but only has Chinese looking characters in the subject and body of the message,,,how do I make it stop?????

I get about 100 or more emails a day from that appears to be coming from the Disboards but only has Chinese looking characters in the subject and body of the message,,,how do I make it stop?????
Sounds like you got hacked by one of the spambots that periodically show up here. I think the only thing you can do is to set your email filter to recognize them as spam and send them to the trash or spam folder.

Or change your email.

Not "hacked". You may have notifications set up from a thread or forum that has spam traffic.

Can you forward one (we only need one!!!) of these emails to admin@wdwinfo.com so we can take a look?

Not "hacked". You may have notifications set up from a thread or forum that has spam traffic.

Can you forward one (we only need one!!!) of these emails to admin@wdwinfo.com so we can take a look?
Yes...I'll forward one right away. Thanks! I have been using the McAfee Anti-Spam to tag them as well as marking them as Outlook Junk (block all from this sender) to no avail.

I see that you have set up a notification to email you anytime a new post is made on one of our forums. I can't tell which specific forum you have this set for, though.

We do get spam from time to time, and we clean it up before many readers will see it. However, the spam posts (which lately are looking like what's in your email) would get emailed out as soon as they're posted. Nothing we can do about that, other than recommend that you may want to simply subscribe to a forum to see new posts rather than choose the email notification option.

I see that you have set up a notification to email you anytime a new post is made on one of our forums. I can't tell which specific forum you have this set for, though.

We do get spam from time to time, and we clean it up before many readers will see it. However, the spam posts (which lately are looking like what's in your email) would get emailed out as soon as they're posted. Nothing we can do about that, other than recommend that you may want to simply subscribe to a forum to see new posts rather than choose the email notification option.
Thanks, Kathy. This was from the News and Rumors Forum, and I PMed Ryan this AM about it. He told me he works on getting it removed right away every morning...has to be a never ending task.

I enjoy reading the threads and really do appreciate everything you all do to keep this monster up and running as fluidly as it apoears...I know we all take it for granted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter