Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

Itching to email my guide and add on 50 points. enough for 3 nights once every 3 years to allow us to chill and eat at our favorite restaurants....

If i hadn't just added on resale at VGC (and promised my husband that was the last add on) i would have done so already.

i so should not have looked at the model room photos.....

Are studios going to be really that tough to book? I'm planning on buying a small number of points, and am mostly just interested in studios. If a studio is unavailable, I probably wouldn't have enough points to even consider a 1-bedroom. Should I reconsider purchasing? (Most of my trips will be planned 10-11 months in advance.) VGC seems to have approximately the same number of studios. Do owner at VGC complain about studio availability?

Absolutely, they are the first to go.

I added on 150 pts at GFV on Monday, had the pts and my ressie for Dec 1-8 in a lake view 1bd done by noon on Tuesday!

Congrats to all those that purchased on VGF. I am toying with the idea, but I think my DH might kill me if I add on yet again, :stir:.

I added on 150 pts at GFV on Monday, had the pts and my ressie for Dec 1-8 in a lake view 1bd done by noon on Tuesday!

Are you able to do that? I thought it was 5 months for owners, 4 months for other dvc members for reservations up until 12/31. We are looking for that week as well but a studio, so if that is the case that would be good news.

Are you able to do that? I thought it was 5 months for owners, 4 months for other dvc members for reservations up until 12/31. We are looking for that week as well but a studio, so if that is the case that would be good news.

If you bought points you most certainly can book for December if there is availability.

If you own there u can book up to 11 months ahead like always. If you don't own there the 4 month rule applies, or if you are using points from another resort the 4 month rule applies until Dec 31. Any dates after that the 7 month rule applies

Ah yes, I reread it. It's a minimum of 5 months for owners (so for Oct booking) max 11 months. 4 months for non-owners. that makes sense :banana:

We had our points opening day and have already made and cancelled our first reservation and rescheduled. We will be spending Thanksgiving in a LV studio and can't wait! Thankfully, airfare wasn't too cost prohibitive, but I'm looking forward to better planning down the road.

It's finally official. Proud owners of a 70 point add on. Our first trip won't be till December 2014, though.

There is still availability with lake or standard studios.

We bought 100 points .... for two weekends a year for just DH and I. Booked Valentines Day weekend in a Lakeview Studio!!! Our first stay and it will be soooo romantic!!!! :cloud9: We live in St. Pete so sneaking away for a weekend is perfect for us!!!

Congrats to all the new owners!

I can't believe I am actually posting this. Turns out DH has actually been listening to my shameless hints about the GFV the past few months. We added on 130pts yesterday, and have a standard view 1Br booked for December!!!

Congrats all and Welcome Home!!!!:jumping1:

OMG!!! Starting June 19th I will be in for 100 pts! I officially confirmed with my guide that we will do it. I am beyond excited about this. I have other timeshares but never thought of doing DVC. Then they announced VGF. I thought it was out of my reach but when I looked deeper I decided to go for it. DH is excited as well. I cannot wait to stay there for the first time - which won't be until 2015 :(. Nonetheless I will have so many points banked by then it WILL BE GRAND!!! :yay: I just can't believe we are going to be DVC'ers! :cloud9:

Congrats everyone!

So, I surprised my wife by calling my guide and adding on another 60-point contract at VGF - for a total of 180.

Of course, she is thrilled (again). This isn't irresponsible as we can afford it. However, now I really do need to sell some excess points, as I have more than I can possibly use (it's just the two of us - no kids).

Just got off the Disney Fantasy and we are now proud owners of VGF. There are a few things all prospective owners need to make sure they understand though.

1) Very limited availability: This is just from my notes, so I may be a little off. Max of 147 villas, min of 100 depending on 2BR lockouts. I.e if all 2 BR lockouts are reserved it is 100 rooms.

Grand Villas: 6
2 BRs: 47
1 BR: 47
Studios: 17 dedicated 30 tied to 2 BRs

2. Guaranteed Weeks: DVC is offering what they call "Guaranteed Weeks". Of the inventory of 100 villas, 35% of each category, season and view will be set aside for guaranteed week purchasers, leaving 65% for pure point ressies. The Guaranteed week owners have to purchase enough points for that week in their initial purchase. That week will then be "locked in" for them every year from now till 2064. They can cancel just as normal within time windows and those rooms will become available for ressies for regular owners. However, this drastically reduces the availability for the normal points purchasers.

3. Only 65% of the rooms will be avaiable for normal points purchasers: 100 villas now becomes 65 and worse, those 17 studios now become 13--real tough to get those

Hello fellow VGF owners! :wave2: We bought 100 points in two 50 point contracts...one for each kid. We are soooo excited!!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures, and DVC Mike, you are a great husband!:thumbsup2

So glad to be on this thread, getting excited about our NYE stay in a 2BR, Lakeview!!!!

bmer1rick said:
Just got off the Disney Fantasy and we are now proud owners of VGF. There are a few things all prospective owners need to make sure they understand though.

1) Very limited availability: This is just from my notes, so I may be a little off. Max of 147 villas, min of 100 depending on 2BR lockouts. I.e if all 2 BR lockouts are reserved it is 100 rooms.

Grand Villas: 6
2 BRs: 47
1 BR: 47
Studios: 17 dedicated 30 tied to 2 BRs

2. Guaranteed Weeks: DVC is offering what they call "Guaranteed Weeks". Of the inventory of 100 villas, 35% of each category, season and view will be set aside for guaranteed week purchasers, leaving 65% for pure point ressies. The Guaranteed week owners have to purchase enough points for that week in their initial purchase. That week will then be "locked in" for them every year from now till 2064. They can cancel just as normal within time windows and those rooms will become available for ressies for regular owners. However, this drastically reduces the availability for the normal points purchasers.

3. Only 65% of the rooms will be avaiable for normal points purchasers: 100 villas now becomes 65 and worse, those 17 studios now become 13--real tough to get those

There are no dedicated studios or 1 BRs. There are 47 dedicated 2 BRs and 47 2 BR lock offs. Also, 35% is the maximum guaranteed weeks they will sell, not necessarily that there will be 35%.

There are no dedicated studios or 1 BRs. There are 47 dedicated 2 BRs and 47 2 BR lock offs. Also, 35% is the maximum guaranteed weeks they will sell, not necessarily that there will be 35%.

Thanks on explaining the numbers better. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I knew I didn't get that right.

Also, I know when we got off the ship there were already about 6 categories of guaranteed rooms that were sold out. I think 2 or 3 of the categories were the studios during high seasons (new years and the week before) and I think one was the GV on new years week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter