Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

Just bought 125 pts this morning! Was able to book our studio for one week this November this afternoon! Yippee, we should be ale to stay one week each year in a studio during the seasons we usually go.
We also have 320 pts at BCV so I'm soooooo happy with being able to spend at least 3+ weeks at disney!!

Ended up buying 200 Points at VGF yesterday! I already have 300 at BCV so now I have 500 a year. Will at Poly DVC when it comes up

Are studios going to be really that tough to book? I'm planning on buying a small number of points, and am mostly just interested in studios. If a studio is unavailable, I probably wouldn't have enough points to even consider a 1-bedroom. Should I reconsider purchasing? (Most of my trips will be planned 10-11 months in advance.) VGC seems to have approximately the same number of studios. Do owner at VGC complain about studio availability?

There are 46 studios, 1/3 are lagoon view and the other 2/3 are standard. Moreover, all of the studios are part of 2-bedroom lock-offs, none are dedicated.

I opted for the fixed-week because I wanted the assurance of knowing my room, view and week are guaranteed for the duration of my membership.

Based on my conversations with my guide, it is my understanding that December fixed-week purchases have been selling quickly. If these weeks sell out, it's possible only 30 studios would be available on a given night in December; it would be less if 2-bedroom lock-offs were booked.

Bought 100 points today to go with our SSR and BLT points. Already booked our first stay over New Years in a SV studio!

Bought 63 points today (So we could get a week in October every other year give or take)

We won't travel home until October 2014 as we already have most of our plans set until then.

Add me to the list, I bought a 65-point contract yesterday! Has anyone seen VGF banners for their signatures yet?

We bought 220 so we could do a 2 bdrm lake view every couple of year during MNSSHP and F&W which is when we normally go.

Super excited! Toured the model on Thursday when I snuck down for the Monsterous Summer party- home yesterday to talk with the hubs about it. Looks like we are getting 125 points on Tuesday. So flipping excited.

We added on at VGF today.

Congrats to all the new owners at VGF.

We're in!
100 pt add on So happy to call VGF Home :goodvibes

It's $145 for current members. I broke my 150 pts into three separate 50pt contracts so we could divide them between our three kids later on.

What a great idea. I wish I thought of it

There are 46 studios, 1/3 are lagoon view and the other 2/3 are standard. Moreover, all of the studios are part of 2-bedroom lock-offs, none are dedicated.

I opted for the fixed-week because I wanted the assurance of knowing my room, view and week are guaranteed for the duration of my membership.

Based on my conversations with my guide, it is my understanding that December fixed-week purchases have been selling quickly. If these weeks sell out, it's possible only 30 studios would be available on a given night in December; it would be less if 2-bedroom lock-offs were booked.

OK What is this fixed week all about ?????? :confused3
We bought looking forward to a short stay in a studio just DH and I
in Dec knowing we would have the 11 month booking window.

Are My Dreams being crushed????

150 points purchased here too! Now to start saving for Poly when it comes online. I know it seems silly to have 2 resorts right next to each other but I love both of them equally.

We will be adding on as well. We took the tour with our guide last Thursday. Just got back. I blogged about it here if you want info or photos.Contact me if you have questions as I asked tons:surfweb:

http://www.disneytravelrecord.com/2013/05/villas-at-disneys-grand-floridian.html

Thanks for the travel post. I had no idea about the bathroom set up for the studios.

Added on 60 pts here! So excited....especially since you can fit 5 in the studios!:cool1:

Can someone help explain how the studios will sleep 5? This may be the tipping point to help be justify adding a small VGF contract.

Congratulations to all that have made the purchase!!!

Can someone help explain how the studios will sleep 5? This may be the tipping point to help be justify adding a small VGF contract.

Congratulations to all that have made the purchase!!!

There is a queen bed, a queen pullout couch and a murphy bed that pulls down from the TV unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter