Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

I am TOO excited! Put in our order on Monday when our guide called (we hadn't intended to...I've seen the updates and didn't think we could afford it, but he went over that lower intro member price and I couldn't say no :rotfl:) and saw the points show up and the deposit taken today!

We also booked our first stay for February 2014 for our honeymoon!! We initially booked two studios for before and after a Fantasy cruise but I think we're gonna splash out for that beauty of a one bedroom for after the cruise for a night! I'm so excited to use that "victorian style jet tub" :cloud9:

My only question is - are there really not going to be any "founding member" things/incentives?

WELCOME HOME FELLOW VGF OWNERS!! :grouphug:

Joining the club! :goodvibes. We have a Disney cruise planned for next spring break, but my new points are burning a hole in my pocket! Looks like the cruise may have to wait. :rotfl:

I'm confused. Why would the home resort advantage help you if you only have 25 to 50 points?

I'm confused. Why would the home resort advantage help you if you only have 25 to 50 points?

For people who just want a few nights in a studio every so often, it's still an advantage for a relatively small resort which is likely to be in demand. I'm toying with it myself.

Unfortunately, a founding member gift is not planned. Admittedly, I was quite disappointed because I was hoping for a fountain tile or walkway brick at VGF.

70 points, but I won't be using them until Fall of 2014. I am so excited. The pictures on the DVC memebr and the DVC news website look very elegant.

This is the number of points I was thinking of. Enough for a 2 bed every other year in Adventure season, during the week. For us at least. We only stay 3 nights. Or for two studios with some leftover :)

We are definitely going to be owners, just trying to decide on how many to add.

How did everyone decide on the amount of points they wanted? I need help! LOL

Agreed. Not everybody goes and stays for a week in a 2 bed. We go only 2 or 3 nights, and usually do a studio. So this would be good for us too.

I looked at the points charts and figured out how many points I needed to stay in a 1 bedroom 4 nights a year. I originally was going to buy 250 but decided on 200 because I can stay there 4 nights in any season except premier with out banking/borrowing, and if I want to go during the premier season I can just bank/borrow. LOL. I hardly ever stay in studios so I have always based my points off 1 or 2 bedrooms

Unfortunately, a founding member gift is not planned. Admittedly, I was quite disappointed because I was hoping for a fountain tile or walkway brick at VGF.

That is pretty disappointing. We've never been a founding member (and honestly hadn't heard about it until recently) and with this being my favorite resort it would have been nice to at least receive a letter acknowledging it - I don't even care about something permanent at the resort!

I bought 50 points for a few nights each year in a studio. My DD loves Grand Floridian and it would be nice around Oct or Dec for the holiday parties. It is a nice addition to our BCV points. Our first trip will probably be late 2014.

I am still hoping for a founding members "something". A flagship resort with nothing?? That would not be cool!

We bought 50 pts to be able to stay in a studio once a year. We have 160 at BWV for any other trips. So happy to be an owner at the Grand! Our first stay is booked already for a LV stuido Oct 30-Nov 1 for MNSSHP!

Just booked our first vgf stay (December)! I booked a 1bed and every fiber of my being says I should've booked a studio since they are going to be hard to get in the future and this was my easy shot :(

Just changed our Thanksgiving trip from all BLT to a VGF/BLT split. We only bought 60 points (two 30's), but since we plan on staying there every other year we should be able to do what we want with 120. Looking forward to our August trip to see how everything is coming along and figured we would swing by SSR to take a look at the models.

Just booked our first vgf stay (December)! I booked a 1bed and every fiber of my being says I should've booked a studio since they are going to be hard to get in the future and this was my easy shot :(

Are studios going to be really that tough to book? I'm planning on buying a small number of points, and am mostly just interested in studios. If a studio is unavailable, I probably wouldn't have enough points to even consider a 1-bedroom. Should I reconsider purchasing? (Most of my trips will be planned 10-11 months in advance.) VGC seems to have approximately the same number of studios. Do owner at VGC complain about studio availability?

pinnocchiosdad said:
How are you getting 6 nights out of 50 points???:confused3

Using 2013-2014 points. We leave on 24, not 25. Typing on iPhone

Are studios going to be really that tough to book? I'm planning on buying a small number of points, and am mostly just interested in studios. If a studio is unavailable, I probably wouldn't have enough points to even consider a 1-bedroom. Should I reconsider purchasing? (Most of my trips will be planned 10-11 months in advance.) VGC seems to have approximately the same number of studios. Do owner at VGC complain about studio availability?

I had the same question, considering purchasing 70 pts so I could do a studio during the summer every 3 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter