Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

I had been looking for this thread for a while now. VGF owner checking in. We also have a relatively small block at Poly, but VGF is our main block. Happy Friday to all.

We are considering our first DVC purchase. We have a somewhat unique consideration so I am seeking your expertise. We need wheelchair accessible accommodations with a Roll in shower. VGF is my dream resort. I think it comes from all of those wonderful disney advertisements that show the family looking thru the balcony doors and seeing Cinderella's castle. :). Is there a site or page that would show how many wheelchair accessible units with and without Roll In showers are in the VGF as well as some of the other resorts so we can make the choice that will best fit our needs. Thank you for any information you can provide.
Follow this link and you can see a map of each floor with the HA rooms marked. You can request a H/A room when you make your reservation.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-12-16-2016.3192814/

So,knowing that the VGF Grand Villa has a "media room," is there any special "media" equipment in this room, or just the normal DVD player and a t.v.?

Also, does anyone have a picture showing the sleeper sofa in that media room opened up? I am trying to figure out which part of the sofa has the "sleeper".

Thank you for the help! Our offer was accepted! Now to do the paper work and hopefully have it go to Disney soon for ROFR (which I am very hopeful they let us through)!

Just checking on the status of your add-on. Our paperwork was sent to the Register of Deeds 13 days ago, so I am impatiently waiting for the points to hit our account.

So,knowing that the VGF Grand Villa has a "media room," is there any special "media" equipment in this room, or just the normal DVD player and a t.v.?

Also, does anyone have a picture showing the sleeper sofa in that media room opened up? I am trying to figure out which part of the sofa has the "sleeper".

Here are pictures I took in the media room - from the look of the sofa I'd say it's the end section that is the sleeper but I did not see it open.

p86513057-4.jpg

And it's a TV and DVD player. It looks like there possibly are a couple of small built in speakers above the seating but it's not something I really searched for so perhaps someone else will know for certain:

p57887355-4.jpg

Thanks for sharing those pics, Kat. I bet you are right, it must be the far end of that huge sofa that is the sleeper.

I know my guys are going to want to watch each day's videos in that room, so I was curious about the equipment.

Just checking on the status of your add-on. Our paperwork was sent to the Register of Deeds 13 days ago, so I am impatiently waiting for the points to hit our account.

We just sent in the paperwork to close. I am hopeful it will go to the register of the deeds quickly, but then it is another waiting game. It is a lot of hurry up and wait.

I just came back to share that our add-on points showed up in our account today, and I have already used half of them - LOL

That is so exciting! I am not a patient person and want my points now :). We have a trip I want to add on to.

That is so exciting! I am not a patient person and want my points now :). We have a trip I want to add on to.

While we did not get any notice from the broker that handled the deal that everything was finalized, we did get a letter from DVC Welcoming us Home and telling us how to set up our account, if we needed to do that. That letter came just yesterday. Points were in the account before the letter was sent, so keep an eye out for your points.

While we did not get any notice from the broker that handled the deal that everything was finalized, we did get a letter from DVC Welcoming us Home and telling us how to set up our account, if we needed to do that. That letter came just yesterday. Points were in the account before the letter was sent, so keep an eye out for your points.

That is great to know! Everything was confirmed that it arrived last Friday. Commence obsessive checking of DVC website :).

We just got the email from our broker that everything was finalized and that it could take 14-21 days for Disney to transfer the points. I am crazily checking our DVC account to see if they show up.

Hi All, Poly owner here but was able to get 2 night for our June trip(hoping other 2 nights come through on WL) ANYWAY :) Looking for a map of rooms to do a room request. I am thinking upper floor monorail view close to the pool is what we would love. Just looking for any insight so I can give a room number. We have a studio standard view booked. Thank and super excited for our first stay here.

Hi All, Poly owner here but was able to get 2 night for our June trip(hoping other 2 nights come through on WL) ANYWAY :) Looking for a map of rooms to do a room request. I am thinking upper floor monorail view close to the pool is what we would love. Just looking for any insight so I can give a room number. We have a studio standard view booked. Thank and super excited for our first stay here.

In case you didn't find it or someone else has the same question: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-12-16-2016.3192814/

Good luck with your request and waitlist and enjoy VGF!

I'm staying on my new points for the first time in October, what's the process for checking in? Is it through MDE or through the DVC site? Is there a way to request room ready early above anything else? We're not super concerned with views as it's just one night. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter