Do you THINK out of state residents will be allowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually his words were by May 1st, everyone would be eligible for a vaccine. He wants all states to drop eligibility requirements on May 1st. That sounds good, however, people eligible for a vaccine are having trouble getting one. My daughter's school will be starting to vaccinate teachers in 2-3 weeks. When vaccine arrives for them. My mom (80yo) got her first jab in early Feb. But her second vaccine (Mar 3) was canceled as not enough vaccine has arrived. She is waiting for them to call and schedule when available. It is said we will not have enough vaccine for everyone to actually get vaccination until summer, and they are upping using the National Guard and FEMA to get jabs in arms. California has only vaccinated 2 million so far out of 24 million adults. We do have another 3-4 million who have gotten a single dose to date, so we will have 6-/+ million vaccinated in the next 30-45 days. But that still leaves CA with another 15 million adults to be vaccinated.

Over 11 million people in California have received a vaccine and 3.7 million are fully vaccinated. The 2 million number everyone has been hearing about is the number of vaccines administered in areas densely populated, low-income zip codes (areas disproportionately affected by the virus). So about 10% of adults.

Here’s a link if people want to keep track:

https://www.latimes.com/projects/ca...king-outbreak/covid-19-vaccines-distribution/

Last edited:
Awwww thank you. It’s ok. We were lucky enough to be able to experience Knotts at halloween and taste of merry farm before it had to shut down. Honestly, my kids want to go to Knotts more than Disneyland right now. I think it would be challenging, and now that you can’t even remove your mask unless you’re actively eating, I don’t know. I think it would be tough for my youngest. But we’ve never experienced Knotts in “normal” times, so we wouldn’t really have any preset expectations. My youngest just wants to meet snoopy again.

We are in Texas, and had major PTSD after being in California during the pandemic. We are in Austin, and people are really good at wearing masks, and we haven’t seen a change at all in mask wearing, even though there’s no longer a state mandate. But omg. Having my kids thriving in school is AMAZING. I’m half vaccinated and my parents are vaccinated, my in-laws are vaccinated, and my husband goes tomorrow. It’s much easier to get vaccinated here.

I will be rooting for all of you Californians to get tickets!!!!!!

Going to be honest I'm not mad at all about the baby steps. Whatever keeps us moving forward. I don't want to roll backwards.

I'm not even sure if I could get a ticket, lol. I don't have anything since my AP was cancelled and there's still the existing stock of tickets that needs to be used. But will they use those to make reservations like WDW did before selling new tickets? Or will they hold off and just sell new tickets only in the interim? Will it be some hybrid?

1) I'm hoping they do another extension on all existing tickets. Between the resident restriction, a chunk of the year having passed already, demand that will likely outstrip the supply (with or without the resident restriction), and the restrictions that will exist in the parks (no hopping? No MP?) it seems logical to throw ticket holders an additional bone. Someone might as well benefit. I'm still upset about my AP, but I want ticket holders taken care of. Especially those out of state with tickets still in hand.

2) if they went the dated new ticket route, they could do something similar to Tokyo Disney: they sell single day dated tickets on a rolling basis and those with existing tickets already enter a lottery to win the right to reserve days for those tickets.

I really hope they announce something soon. I think that's (not having more information) also contributing to people's high emotions and lashing out at others.

Over 11 million people in California have received a vaccine and 3.7 million are fully vaccinated. The 2 million number everyone has been hearing about is the number of vaccines administered in areas densely populated, low-income zip codes (areas disproportionately affected by the virus). So about 10% of adults.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/ca...king-outbreak/covid-19-vaccines-distribution/

I am terrible at math, but aren’t these pretty good numbers, considering how slow of a start they had?????

Biden said . make every adult in the U.S. eligible for vaccination no later than May 1

I understand that. Didn’t he or someone like Fauci say that by July they know there will be enough shots for everyone? I KNOW they said something like that. The New York Times ran a huge story about how they feel like there will be a surplus of shots even before then. I can’t remember all of the details. I want to say they thought by sometime in May or early June. As long as nothing gets in the way of the supply chain.

Again, no need to continue to attack me for simply stating that tourists contribute to the CA economy. I never said CA folks didn't- you were the one that made that assumption and started this.
You seem to forget those of use who travel to Anaheim, within California ARE tourists as well. Does it suck that it might be another 6 months or year before out of state visitors can come to Disneyland? Yes it does. But for the local economy visitors coming from Sacramento, Eureka, etc are just as beneficial as those coming from Phoenix, Boise, Dallas, etc.

What's the saddest part about this isn't us out of state Disneyland loving folks but the economical damage to Anaheim. Tourists help support all those local hotels and I'm sure they don't feel too fondly about that out of state restriction.
You don't think limiting tourists from visiting Disneyland will hurt the local economy? It sure doesn't help is the point I'm making.
I think it's going to take the local businesses a long time to recover from this even when tourists are welcome again.
Nor did I ever say that CA residents didn't contribute to their local economies. But you also cannot deny that tourists contribute just as much.

Here's exactly what I said, for the record. I didn't mean to imply that anyone who's not an Anaheim resident isn't defined as a tourist or someone who contributes to the economy- that obviously wasn't my intention and I misspoke when I said "local." My words were taken way out of context. And honestly, does it even matter? It is what it is- were all just making conversation. There was no need for things to turn so aggressive.

So let's... move on? Like I've tried to ask for four times now. Maybe the thread should just be locked by a moderator if it can't go anywhere positive? Either way, can y'all just leave me alone? 😅

Here's exactly what I said, for the record. I didn't mean to imply that anyone who's not an Anaheim resident isn't defined as a tourist or someone who contributes to the economy- that obviously wasn't just intention and I misspoke when I said "local." My words were taken way out of context. And honestly, does it even matter? It is what it is- were all just making conversation. There was no need for things to turn so aggressive.

So let's... move on? Like I've tried to ask four times now. Maybe the thread should just be locked by a moderator if it can't go anywhere positive? Either way, can y'all just leave me alone? 😅

I understood what you meant. There’s a reason San Diego County was running ads last summer in Arizona for people to come visit! So sorry you felt attacked. Hugs to you!

Here's exactly what I said, for the record. I didn't mean to imply that anyone who's not an Anaheim resident isn't defined as a tourist or someone who contributes to the economy- that obviously wasn't my intention and I misspoke when I said "local." My words were taken way out of context. And honestly, does it even matter? It is what it is- were all just making conversation. There was no need for things to turn so aggressive.

So let's... move on? Like I've tried to ask for four times now. Maybe the thread should just be locked by a moderator if it can't go anywhere positive? Either way, can y'all just leave me alone? 😅

Just put the poster on Ignore. It's easier.

I’m happy to chalk it up to a misunderstanding and drop it. But then in fairness, you need to stop responding trying to defend yourself too.

I know it’s been touched on, but it’s something that had been lost in translation every where. He said all adults will be eligible for it by May 1st. And that is much different than all adults CAN get it. Distribution has been terrible, especially in CA. So it won’t matter much how other states are doing until we can pick up the pace here. The number of vaccines my county is getting the next two weeks isn’t leaving my hopeful.

I too hope the restrictions are lifted soon. Every step that gets us back to normal is a win.
I get it, my daughter is a teacher and she has not had Covid (I did.). I was ready to drive to Riverside County (7 hours) to get her a vaccine because they would allow it there, but wasn't allowed here. I was finally able to arrange for her to get a vaccine the night before we were to drive down.
Could I go right now on a road trip from AZ to Anaheim, stay at the Tropicana, just to go shopping in DTD? Yes. A coworker of mine did that a few months ago. But if I'm going to drive all the way to southern CA, I want to go IN Disneyland. I'm not interested in the $75 Taste of Disney event at DCA. I want the whole thing...rides, shops, restaurants. Fireworks & night time shows? I'm willing to pass on that. Character meals & meet & greets? Also willing to pass on that. I really want to go on the DL POTC, Peter Pan, and Mr Toad's Wild Ride.

I'm mad that it's taking CA so long to reopen. It's been frustrating.
I get it, I have been making the drive to visit DTD and BVS because it does make me happy. It gives me a feeling of returning to normal, and like I have said, I feel safe there. I have not been in a store other than those in DTD and 2 trips to 1 Trader Joes in our area. I don't have the same safe feeling here.

The same link says "Of the roughly 40 million people who live in California, 8,025,538 have received at least one dose, or 20.3% of the total. Of those, 3,769,926, or 9.5%, are fully vaccinated." The 11 million number is very confusing. I don't see where they are getting the number. Even if they mistakenly add the 8 and 3, they don't add up to the 11. Now you made me go check where they have gotten the 11, because all the data I have found is closer to the 8 million. Off to figure out the LA Times article, as this is what I am finding today. In the next 30 days we should be at 8 million fully vaccinated. Still leaves 15 million to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter