Do you think CMs will be blocked out when the parks first open?

coolbrook

DIS Veteran
Our trip is July 13-July 17. My husband and I have APs, but our DD at home does not since she does not always travel with us due to her high school schedule. Our CM daughter usually uses her guest pass to bring the younger sister to the parks. I think that with a DVC reservation and APs my husband and I will be able to get park reservations, but what about our daughters?

It was vaguely said there would be soft openings for cast members before opening to the general public.

My husband works for Disney, and unless the soft opening with cast members includes families I don’t think we will be going for a while due to block outs on main gate passes. He has a bunch of comp tickets accumulated we might use if that is allowed. Does your daughter have comp passes she can use? My husband gets several of those those twice a year (December and July I think).
I will ask her that. Thank you

Depending on the capacity, I don't expect CMs or CM guest tickets being allowed at least for the first few months. They blocked CMs from DHS from December though May because of one ride. If reservations are selling out every day, no way they let CMs in. I am worried about not being able to get family in for free this fall. I hope if they do that they will let our guest passes roll over to the next year, because we only had 2 months to use them.

Hearing from Team Members @ UO, They are blocked out until September. This goes for the passes they are able to give out to family & friends as well. I imagine Disney will be doing the same thing with the CMs

I am afraid of that. I would just buy teen DD a ticket, but I can't even do that right now. UGH

We are in a bit different boat, but similar. My daughter worked for Disney (will be going back but not right away) and also has a FL AP so she could visit without worrying about blackout dates (huge Star Wars fan and "had" to be able to go to Galaxy's Edge). My younger daughter both have APs because we were able to visit more than my husband; he used our Disney daughter's guest passes. So...we have 3 AP holders and one who needs a ticket. It sounds like AP holders will get one of the first cracks at ticket reservations but figuring that out with when our husband can get a ticket reservation seems very difficult, if not impossible. Maybe we can help our cause by staying onsite but who knows. I know it's a wait and see game but I'm not so patient about waiting. Oh, well. I guess planning a Disney trip is a nice problem to have.

What type of guest tickets are you referring to that are valid for only 2 months? My husbands main gate pass along with my spouse pass and 3 guest passes are valid 365 days a year with unlimited use (subject to blockout dates). He also gets complimentary park hoppers twice a year. We have used those in the past when main gates are blocked. Those are valid for much longer than 2 months. Only time we have had comp tickets with a short expiration date they have been for donating to United Way or something like that.

I think she/he means that the tickets could be used in January and February and then the parks closed.

What type of guest tickets are you referring to that are valid for only 2 months? My husbands main gate pass along with my spouse pass and 3 guest passes are valid 365 days a year with unlimited use (subject to blockout dates). He also gets complimentary park hoppers twice a year. We have used those in the past when main gates are blocked. Those are valid for much longer than 2 months. Only time we have had comp tickets with a short expiration date they have been for donating to United Way or something like that.

The number of days we can bring 3 guests into the parks with our Main Entrance is something like 15, but they do not roll over from year to year. It's use them or lose them. Last year I didn't start until August, and since we literally just moved, only 2 people came to see us and we were left with tons of unused days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!