Do I really need a rental car if I stay at BW?

PaulaMurf

If you can't be a good example, at least serve as
Any opinons on this would be GREAT! I currently have a car booked, but, I dont know if we will use it - we usually stay at OKW and park right in front of our unit, so we use the car to go everywhere, but, staying at BW this trip - do I need the car?

Tell me what you think!!
TIA
Paula in CT

pirate:

We've never bothered with a car, especially from BWV. The buses are only for AK, MK, and DTD. If time is short, or if you spend most of your WDW trip in those three places and mind some waiting, then you might want a car. We actually LIKE not driving while on vacation, and the Disney transportation works just fine for us :thumbsup2 . (Plus we spend the majority of our time at MGM or Epcot.)

While I'm a fan of having a car at my disposal, you might be able to answer your own question.

When you stay at OKW, what do you use the car for?

Do you go off property? If so, then you probably will want a car even at BW.
Do you go from park to Downtown Disney? If so, then you will probably still want a car.
Do you resort hop? If so, then you probably will want a car?

None of the above? You may be just fine without one.

We usually stay at BWV and we usually rent a car. We do go offsite (SeaWorld) and we stop at a grocery store on the way to WDW. You can always get the car from the airport from Alamo or National and then drop it off at the Dolphin and then get a car before you leave from the Dolphin and drop it off at the airport.

It's really completely up to you.

We are staying at BWI in January. We always rent a car. I want to be able to eat offsite, go to the mall, have flexibility to go where I want, when I want.

Paula,

We usually drive so we have a vehicle available but rarely use it when we're at the Boardwalk. We did a trip to OKW and were glad we had the car though. We were so far from the main pool that we drove there almost every day. Since we usually have a car and are accustomed to doing a grocery run, outlet shopping, occasional meal off-site, we feel a car is required now. However, BW is totally doable without a car.

Have a great trip!

Mindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter