Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

We got to the hotel around 2 but our stuff was delivered around noon. When you get your room and are ready you need to call bell services (you have to “call” from your room phone... it’s option 2...the bell hop at Pago Pago check in will tell you to call too). Took 10 minutes for them to come to our room after we called. They do charge a $6 delivery fee. Unless it’s changed recently you can’t pick your items up due to covid regulations.

Thank you so much! :)

I walked from Poly to the Contemporary today and it was a very nice walk. The weather happened to be fairly cool and it was breezy, though; on a hot day it could've been brutal because there is NO shade. I didn't pay any attention at all to how long it took me but it didn't feel like long at all.

I'm home now; this was just a quick three-night getaway. When I checked in the CM recommended that I use my car to get to the parks, which I thought was odd. The bus service was pretty awful, though. About half the time I waited well over 20 minutes and once I waited well over an hour. It was fine very early in the mornings, but got unpredictable later in the day. I took mid-day breaks every day and in hindsight I probably should've driven when I went back in the afternoon, but I wasn't really in a big hurry; this was a relaxed trip.

One evening quite a few of us guests had been waiting for a LONG time for an EPCOT bus and one family was getting more and more irate. When the 4th MK bus showed up, the mom went full-Karen on the poor driver, demanding he get his manager on the phone "right this minute." Things quickly escalated and the husband also got involved and the bus driver threatened to call security. Even the family's young daughter yelled at the driver. It was really ugly. I was honestly worried it was going to get physical, and then the EPCOT bus pulled up and the family turned off their anger "just like that." It was freaky. They just snatched up the baby, folded the stroller, and marched their older kids onto the bus. I was in the seat right next to their area and they just started talking about their plans like they hadn't just pitched a humongous hissy fit in front of a crowd.
Wow! We were there in February and the buses were awful then too. Getting to HS was the worst for us, as bus after bus for MK kept coming and everyone wanted to make rope drop. We all kind of bonded over it though, comparing notes about who had scored a ROTR boarding group at 7 a.m., etc. There was no hissy fit by anyone. It's odd to me that they keep sending so many MK buses when you can get the boat or walk. We did think that it would be helpful for a CM to be at the bus stop and it sounds like what you observed may support that. :)

What time did 'Ohana open for dinner pre-covid? I'm really hoping 'Ohana opens with the resort on July 19th and I'm trying to figure out what might be the earliest dining time for planning purposes.

Thanks!

What time did 'Ohana open for dinner pre-covid? I'm really hoping 'Ohana opens with the resort on July 19th and I'm trying to figure out what might be the earliest dining time for planning purposes.

Thanks!
I remember seeing 3:30 pm ADRs pop up for Ohana. And how I would promptly pass them up. All you can eat meat in the hottest part of the day... no thanks!

Long time no see for this thread! With all the construction and COVID closures we’ve avoided it to this point but hoping to book a room this summer at some point. Few questions if you guys don’t mind!

Is the monorail expected to be completed by resort reopening?

Do you expect Ohana and Trader Sam’s to open as well, in your professional opinions?

Poly is not included in the 25% discount being offered this summer, correct?

Last edited:
I remember seeing 3:30 pm ADRs pop up for Ohana. And how I would promptly pass them up. All you can eat meat in the hottest part of the day... no thanks!

Long time no see for this thread! With all the construction and COVID closures we’ve avoided it to this point but hoping to book a room this summer at some point. Few questions if you guys don’t mind!

Is the monorail expected to be completed by resorts reopening?

Do you expect Ohana and Trader Sam’s to open as well, in your professional opinions?

No discounts for Poly unfortunately.

Is the monorail expected to be completed by resort reopening?

-Expected to be.
-OHANA, yes (per Tikiman)
-🤣 Not a chance!

🌺

Thank you! Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏻

Ohana actually had dinner ADRs at 3:30pm weirdly enough. I had one booked for my August 2019 trip until plans changed.

I am thrilled about Oasis pool bar reopening. Low key my favorite pool bar for food and a severely underrated QS option imo. I hope they bring back the malasadas with the passion fruit curd to dip them in…one of my fave snacks!

LOL - They are moving their rear ends on that station now. Time is running short!

What's the word on Trader Sam's at the resort? Anyone talking?

Ohana actually had dinner ADRs at 3:30pm weirdly enough. I had one booked for my August 2019 trip until plans changed.

I am thrilled about Oasis pool bar reopening. Low key my favorite pool bar for food and a severely underrated QS option imo. I hope they bring back the malasadas with the passion fruit curd to dip them in…one of my fave snacks!

I'm excited about the Oasis pool bar opening, too! I hope the menu doesn't change. I agree, they have some great QS options.

I'm excited about the Oasis pool bar opening, too! I hope the menu doesn't change. I agree, they have some great QS options.

Agree about the Oasis Bar. They had the best food. I just got home yesterday after a fabulous week at the Poly! Here are the totally unsubstantiated rumors from CMs. Emphasis on RUMORS as we all know that nothing is for sure until it happens
  • Oasis was opening Friday (it opened today so yay) Only the Bar though...
  • Ohana would be opening around July 15th
  • Trader Sams....No one is talking :sad2:
  • DVC rooms would be getting a soft touch up after the other rooms are done. NOT a total rehab though! Seems plausible since getting a room at the Poly seems very difficult this summer
What I can say is true is that hammocks and swings were put up yesterday. Figi looks to be complete as the curtains are all up and the signage is done. The other longhouses have paper on the walls. They were doing the first floor signage outside Hawaii yesterday. One of the longhouses they were power washing all the balconies. I'm sorry I forget which one. They are working on the foliage around the resort which is a great sign of progress.

Any questions for me...if I know the answer I will

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter