Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about the Oasis Bar. They had the best food. I just got home yesterday after a fabulous week at the Poly! Here are the totally unsubstantiated rumors from CMs. Emphasis on RUMORS as we all know that nothing is for sure until it happens
  • Oasis was opening Friday (it opened today so yay) Only the Bar though...
  • Ohana would be opening around July 15th
  • Trader Sams....No one is talking :sad2:
  • DVC rooms would be getting a soft touch up after the other rooms are done. NOT a total rehab though! Seems plausible since getting a room at the Poly seems very difficult this summer
What I can say is true is that hammocks and swings were put up yesterday. Figi looks to be complete as the curtains are all up and the signage is done. The other longhouses have paper on the walls. They were doing the first floor signage outside Hawaii yesterday. One of the longhouses they were power washing all the balconies. I'm sorry I forget which one. They are working on the foliage around the resort which is a great sign of progress.

Any questions for me...if I know the answer I will
Thank you! That's exciting about Ohana potentially opening!

Agree about the Oasis Bar. They had the best food. I just got home yesterday after a fabulous week at the Poly! Here are the totally unsubstantiated rumors from CMs. Emphasis on RUMORS as we all know that nothing is for sure until it happens
  • DVC rooms would be getting a soft touch up after the other rooms are done. NOT a total rehab though! Seems plausible since getting a room at the Poly seems very difficult this summer
What I can say is true is that hammocks and swings were put up yesterday. Figi looks to be complete as the curtains are all up and the signage is done. The other longhouses have paper on the walls. They were doing the first floor signage outside Hawaii yesterday. One of the longhouses they were power washing all the balconies. I'm sorry I forget which one. They are working on the foliage around the resort which is a great sign of progress.

dang going to miss this by 2 weeks (which i bet coincides with the entrance monorail work being done too

dang going to miss this by 2 weeks (which i bet coincides with the entrance monorail work being done too

Was there any mention about all the longhouses being completed by the time the resort opens? I'm trying to decide if I'm safe requesting Rarotonga.

I so hope 'Ohana opens on or around the 15th. I really hope to dine here for my birthday on August 10th.

As @BreezysMom called it, I noticed Oasis now has its “temporarily unavailable” tag dropped and now has hours posted on the website.

Unfortunately the original photo of what was their awesome fish tacos has been replaced with a picture of a drink, and the menu has been stripped of all food. Hoping that’s just an interim step, but for the moment it’s nice to see some change.

41A3D085-3C57-4E0C-B028-EBC4365FF13D.png

Any buzz about the monorail station schedule?

As @BreezysMom called it, I noticed Oasis now has its “temporarily unavailable” tag dropped and now has hours posted on the website.

Unfortunately the original photo of what was their awesome fish tacos has been replaced with a picture of a drink, and the menu has been stripped of all food. Hoping that’s just an interim step, but for the moment it’s nice to see some change.

View attachment 576389

I’m wondering if it’s not just a Hurricane Hanna situation where they initially reopen with a drinks only menu and then reopen the grill later on for food.

I was able to book the Oasis patio this morning and wanted to share my info in case anyone finds it helpful:)
They are only booking full days, not half. The price was about $75 for the day. I was pleasantly surprised bc I had expected the price to go way up from the last time we were there.
I also thought I wouldn’t get any days but got all of the ones I wanted. So excited!

Hi

i was just wondering if I book a standard room here what is the view going to go off

I notice you can pay extra for a pool, lagoon or theme park view. but could u find yourself with a view of that anyway in a standard room

Hi

i was just wondering if I book a standard room here what is the view going to go off

I notice you can pay extra for a pool, lagoon or theme park view. but could u find yourself with a view of that anyway in a standard room

Typically, Garden View/Standard view are the side of the long house facing away from the lagoon, marina or pool. Most overlook walking paths and green space. Worst case scenario are Rarotonga (cash) or Pago Pago (DVC) overlooking parking lots.

You can use the Touring Plans room finder to see views from various rooms, there aren't views from every room, but there are many representative views. Obstructed views of marina/pool (and maybe lagoon?) are sometimes sold as Garden/Standard even through most obstructions are usually partial.

Last edited:
We’re staying over the 4th of July week and just wanted to make sure we can still walk to the TTC to take the monorail to MK and Epcot?

You can use the Touring Plans room finder to see views from various rooms, there aren't views from every room, but there are many representative views. O

I agree with this, although just noting for others, there are a few REALLY old room views if you poke around touring plans enough. Like pre-bungalow, pre Oasis pool renovation views. Definitely flip through several rooms in whatever building you’re looking just to see a variety of rooms.

Hi

I have always stayed in a standard view room. A few years ago, Disney reclassified room categories at the Poly, and the building I like the most (Samoa) was changed from standard view to pool view. I then started staying in Rarotonga, which has a lot of standard view rooms. Honestly, at the Poly, I don't think there are any bad standard view rooms. Most of their standard rooms overlook gardens. Some, like in the case of Rarotonga, can see the parking lot in the distance, but there is a lot of lush greenery and the monorail track between the room and the parking lot. I think one of the DVC buildings overlooks the parking lot, but if you are staying on the resort side you wouldn't be staying in that building.

Now, if you were asking about standard view rooms at the Yacht or Beach Club I'd tell you to pay more to stay in a room with a better view, but that really isn't the case at the Poly.

I have always stayed in a standard view room. A few years ago, Disney reclassified room categories at the Poly, and the building I like the most (Samoa) was changed from standard view to pool view. I then started staying in Rarotonga, which has a lot of standard view rooms. Honestly, at the Poly, I don't think there are any bad standard view rooms. Most of their standard rooms overlook gardens. Some, like in the case of Rarotonga, can see the parking lot in the distance, but there is a lot of lush greenery and the monorail track between the room and the parking lot. I think one of the DVC buildings overlooks the parking lot, but if you are staying on the resort side you wouldn't be staying in that building.

Now, if you were asking about standard view rooms at the Yacht or Beach Club I'd tell you to pay more to stay in a room with a better view, but that really isn't the case at the Poly.

Rarotonga is my favorite longhouse and the landscaping is so good you honestly can’t tell there’s a parking lot unless you actively look, or a car goes by to draw your eye to the movement, especially if you’re on the third floor. You see more parking lot at CR in TPV rooms tbh. And the monorail whizzes right past your balcony if you’re on the third floor, it’s great.

Curious about the new monorail deck. Can anyone tell yet if they altered the deck height to allow ECVs/wheelchairs to roll straight in without using the metal ramp? This could indicate a precursor to a new monorail (hopeful).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter