• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were able to get some of our Favorites, Liberty Tree Tavern, Via Napoli, SciFI, Could not get Kona at all and we did not do any character meals this time because of the price and limited character engagement. The first time we will not be going to Chef Mickey's.

We were able to get some of our Favorites, Liberty Tree Tavern, Via Napoli, SciFI, Could not get Kona at all and we did not do any character meals this time because of the price and limited character engagement. The first time we will not be going to Chef Mickey's.
we got Via Napoli, Kona for a lunch and Scifi along with Ogas too...waking up at 3am was brutal

Just wondering outlying here. Do you think that with them doing a complete replacement of the monorail station that they maybe, just maybe, eliminated the need for the mobility ramps to get on/off the monorail?

On one hand, they could do it easily be raising the station platform that extra 6 inches (or whatever it actually is). But then, on the other hand, if they did that, one station would be different from the others which would mess things up somewhere down the line (maybe by the 75th?) when they finally replace the monorail fleet.

Any insights?

Steve

Couple pool questions - I haven’t been to the Poly before so not sure of logistics! Has the Oasis pool been filling up or just the Lava pool? Is it the same line to get into both pools or are they totally separate areas? I am assuming having a “cabana” booked gets you into the Oasis pool but wasn’t sure if the Lava pool is the same area or not. We were considering doing a cabana with our toddler and baby - I know it’s kind of a silly “splurge” but if it guarantees seats and offers shade it’d be worth it to us with the kids. Is there much shade in the cabanas? Thanks...getting so excited!! Love seeing recent pics!

Guys! I cannot believe it! I just found a Polynesian standard view room for the dates I wanted - August 10th to August 14th! I have been checking several times a day and I cannot believe a room popped up. I am so excited! I quickly booked it, but now I have some questions.

I currently have a packaged booked with a TA and am staying at the Beach Club from August 1st - August 14th. The Poly portion I booked on my own. I will contact my TA on Monday, but will it be difficult to modify the BC portion? My TA was able to apply the recent summer discount that came out. I don't want to lose that discount. Can my package be modified without losing the discount? Since I booked the Poly without using my TA, can I transfer the reservation to her or is that not necessary? Also, my tickets are attached to my package. Will I still be able to use my park tickets the last few days of our trip while we are staying at the Poly?

Last question - I really want to request Rarotonga, but I am not sure if that building will open with the rest of the resort. If not, what would be a good standard building to request? Also, are the first and third floors, Oasis Pool side of Rarotonga, standard view or pool view?

August 10th is my birthday and I so much wanted to spend it at the Poly and now it's looking like I will! Now, all I need is for 'Ohana to open with the rest of the resort on July 19th.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Couple pool questions - I haven’t been to the Poly before so not sure of logistics! Has the Oasis pool been filling up or just the Lava pool? Is it the same line to get into both pools or are they totally separate areas? I am assuming having a “cabana” booked gets you into the Oasis pool but wasn’t sure if the Lava pool is the same area or not. We were considering doing a cabana with our toddler and baby - I know it’s kind of a silly “splurge” but if it guarantees seats and offers shade it’d be worth it to us with the kids. Is there much shade in the cabanas? Thanks...getting so excited!! Love seeing recent pics!

Can only answer some:

1. The cabana is in the oasis pool area which is completely separate and apart from the lava pool area.

2. Shade is hit or miss, there's no 'sides' to the cabanas like at Stormalong Bay, only a pergola type structure with a solid framed roof.

We've never stayed in the DVC studio units before but need our Poly fix! If we order from Instacart, how does that work? Are the delivery people allowed to come onto property? Do we meet them at the room or whatever area is considered "front desk"? Please help as I have to book the Instacart soon!

We've never stayed in the DVC studio units before but need our Poly fix! If we order from Instacart, how does that work? Are the delivery people allowed to come onto property? Do we meet them at the room or whatever area is considered "front desk"? Please help as I have to book the Instacart soon!

Instacart delivery gets dropped off at Bell Services which iirc is currently in Pago Pago due to the construction. You only need to meet your delivery if you’re ordering alcohol in order to show ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter