Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so confused by whats not running and what's running.

If we have breakfast or dinner at Grand Floridian or Contemporary, how do we get there?

Is boat the only way to get from Poly to MK? Or are there buses too?

How do we get to/from Epcot? (DH said the TTC monorail isn't running either?)

I walked from Poly to the Contemporary today and it was a very nice walk. The weather happened to be fairly cool and it was breezy, though; on a hot day it could've been brutal because there is NO shade. I didn't pay any attention at all to how long it took me but it didn't feel like long at all.

I'm home now; this was just a quick three-night getaway. When I checked in the CM recommended that I use my car to get to the parks, which I thought was odd. The bus service was pretty awful, though. About half the time I waited well over 20 minutes and once I waited well over an hour. It was fine very early in the mornings, but got unpredictable later in the day. I took mid-day breaks every day and in hindsight I probably should've driven when I went back in the afternoon, but I wasn't really in a big hurry; this was a relaxed trip.

One evening quite a few of us guests had been waiting for a LONG time for an EPCOT bus and one family was getting more and more irate. When the 4th MK bus showed up, the mom went full-Karen on the poor driver, demanding he get his manager on the phone "right this minute." Things quickly escalated and the husband also got involved and the bus driver threatened to call security. Even the family's young daughter yelled at the driver. It was really ugly. I was honestly worried it was going to get physical, and then the EPCOT bus pulled up and the family turned off their anger "just like that." It was freaky. They just snatched up the baby, folded the stroller, and marched their older kids onto the bus. I was in the seat right next to their area and they just started talking about their plans like they hadn't just pitched a humongous hissy fit in front of a crowd.

Im so confused by whats not running and what's running.

If we have breakfast or dinner at Grand Floridian or Contemporary, how do we get there?

Is boat the only way to get from Poly to MK? Or are there buses too?

How do we get to/from Epcot? (DH said the TTC monorail isn't running either?)

I'd walk to the Grand Floridian; it's not far. Or you can walk right next door to the TTC and take the monorail to the GF or the Contemporary. The monorail does stop at the TTC; it just doesn't go to EPCOT.

There are buses to all the parks. If you want to rope drop the MK I'd take the bus rather than the boat or the monorail from TTC. I was at the bus stop an hour and a half before park opening each day. The first bus to Epcot arrived at 9:45 for an 11:00 opening, the first bus to HS arrived at 7:52 for a 9:00 opening, and the first bus to MK came at 6:53 for an 8:00 opening. No one who was at the bus stop at those times was unable to fit on that first bus.

You have to bus back from everywhere except MK, unless you Uber. I took the monorail to TTC to get back to Poly from MK; I think that was fastest. The resort monorail had way lower crowds than the express so I took that. I got right on, so I'm sure it was faster even though it meant a stop at CR.

I'd walk to the Grand Floridian; it's not far. Or you can walk right next door to the TTC and take the monorail to the GF or the Contemporary. The monorail does stop at the TTC; it just doesn't go to EPCOT.

There are buses to all the parks. If you want to rope drop the MK I'd take the bus rather than the boat or the monorail from TTC. I was at the bus stop an hour and a half before park opening each day. The first bus to Epcot arrived at 9:45 for an 11:00 opening, the first bus to HS arrived at 7:52 for a 9:00 opening, and the first bus to MK came at 6:53 for an 8:00 opening. No one who was at the bus stop at those times was unable to fit on that first bus.

You have to bus back from everywhere except MK, unless you Uber. I took the monorail to TTC to get back to Poly from MK; I think that was fastest. The resort monorail had way lower crowds than the express so I took that. I got right on, so I'm sure it was faster even though it meant a stop at CR.
This was very helpful, thank you!

Our January 2022 Poly stay isn’t going to happen. (Blended family here.) We got the ok from DD & DS’s mom to take them with us for my birthday trip. She wanted to be there for their first trip to WDW but the plans never came together. They’ll be grown soon so we really wanted them to come along. So we’re switching over to AoA Car suite, their choice. While it’s not the Poly I will take it & cherish it. ❤️

Thank you so much! Are they working on the monorail line from TTC to Epcot? Or just trying to eliminate the crowds that take it?

Our January 2022 Poly stay isn’t going to happen. (Blended family here.) We got the ok from DD & DS’s mom to take them with us for my birthday trip. She wanted to be there for their first trip to WDW but the plans never came together. They’ll be grown soon so we really wanted them to come along. So we’re switching over to AoA Car suite, their choice. While it’s not the Poly I will take it & cherish it. ❤
You'll have a fantastic time in the Cars suite with the kids! Getting to be part of their first Disney experience will more than make up for missing out on the Poly. You'll all make wonderful life-long memories. Kids grow up, but the Poly will always be there and you'll get your Poly stay some day.

Thank you so much! Are they working on the monorail line from TTC to Epcot? Or just trying to eliminate the crowds that take it?
You're welcome! They're working on it.

Since we're talking about the monorail I have another story about my trip. This morning was my checkout day, but I live in Tampa and was in no hurry to drive home, so I spent the morning touring the resorts. I walked from the Poly to GF to the Contemporary and then got on the monorail to get back to the TTC. As I walked onto the car I brushed very slightly against the wall of the cabin, and something made a quiet "plinking" sound on the floor. I looked down, thinking I'd dropped something, and there was a fairly large screw rolling on the floor. I picked it up and joked to the other passengers that I "broke the monorail." When the CM walked by I gave the screw to him and told him what happened. I didn't think it was really a big deal, but I didn't want to just leave the screw to roll around on the floor. He took it and patted the cabin door and jokingly said "you behave now" and left.

The doors closed, and then a minute went by, and then the doors opened again, and the CM came back with a mechanic. He said "are you the person who gave me this?" and held up the screw. I said yes, and the mechanic asked me to tell him where I found it. I explained what happened, and the CM had the other passengers and me move to another cabin.

I guess they take monorail safety seriously.

I guess they take monorail safety seriously.
They do after two Monorails crashed and someone died July 5th 2009. That's when they stopped allowing guests to ride in the cab with the monorail pilot.

This has been followed in recent years by a few cases of doors opening mid-beam (not near any platforms). They really need to stop repairing these old monorails with spare parts and custom built parts and get the new commercial version on the beams.

Maybe by the 75th Anniversary.

Dave

We are returning to the Poly in October for 6 nights and I am so excited! We had a trip planned there that Covid cancelled. I lucked out stalking a dvc rental site and was able to snatch a guaranteed reservation for most of our nights. I have the first two nights some place else and have my fingers crossed club level will open back up and I can change our location (AoA). Anyway, it is nice to see alot of the same faces on this thread planning new trips. :)

I walked from Poly to the Contemporary today and it was a very nice walk. The weather happened to be fairly cool and it was breezy, though; on a hot day it could've been brutal because there is NO shade. I didn't pay any attention at all to how long it took me but it didn't feel like long at all.

I'm home now; this was just a quick three-night getaway. When I checked in the CM recommended that I use my car to get to the parks, which I thought was odd. The bus service was pretty awful, though. About half the time I waited well over 20 minutes and once I waited well over an hour. It was fine very early in the mornings, but got unpredictable later in the day. I took mid-day breaks every day and in hindsight I probably should've driven when I went back in the afternoon, but I wasn't really in a big hurry; this was a relaxed trip.

One evening quite a few of us guests had been waiting for a LONG time for an EPCOT bus and one family was getting more and more irate. When the 4th MK bus showed up, the mom went full-Karen on the poor driver, demanding he get his manager on the phone "right this minute." Things quickly escalated and the husband also got involved and the bus driver threatened to call security. Even the family's young daughter yelled at the driver. It was really ugly. I was honestly worried it was going to get physical, and then the EPCOT bus pulled up and the family turned off their anger "just like that." It was freaky. They just snatched up the baby, folded the stroller, and marched their older kids onto the bus. I was in the seat right next to their area and they just started talking about their plans like they hadn't just pitched a humongous hissy fit in front of a crowd.
I can understand people's frustration's but to take it out on a bus driver is unacceptable. Great parenting skills. SMH:sad2:

Does anyone remember the numbers for the 3 patios? I know the chances are slim we will get one, but one is our favorite and we hope to get one. TIA

Instacart delivery gets dropped off at Bell Services which iirc is currently in Pago Pago due to the construction. You only need to meet your delivery if you’re ordering alcohol in order to show ID.

One more question please - if we dont have a room ready (we're having items delivered day we check in) will they hold our items until our room is ready? We'll be hanging around the resort for the day so we'll definitely be there physically. There wont be any perishable items if that matters. Thanks!

One more question please - if we dont have a room ready (we're having items delivered day we check in) will they hold our items until our room is ready? We'll be hanging around the resort for the day so we'll definitely be there physically. There wont be any perishable items if that matters. Thanks!

Yes

We got to the hotel around 2 but our stuff was delivered around noon. When you get your room and are ready you need to call bell services (you have to “call” from your room phone... it’s option 2...the bell hop at Pago Pago check in will tell you to call too). Took 10 minutes for them to come to our room after we called. They do charge a $6 delivery fee. Unless it’s changed recently you can’t pick your items up due to covid regulations.

The funniest part of that construction site - “Acme Barricades”. It’s like a Bugs Bunny cartoon or something.
That's great but don't forget Bob's Barricades Bob's Barricades, Inc. is the largest privately owned barricade company in the country and one of the largest in the world.

sign-logo.gif

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter