Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm . . . I know it will depend on a lot of factors, but I'm sure hoping it's early summer rather than later summer.

as I stated earlier, I think it's Great that they are thinking of BOYS a little bit more, and including CARS. everything is so GIRL orientated. (and you shouldn't have to pay EXTRA to get a room themed for boys)

but, I agree that CBR should have stayed away from animation themes, and just kept to a caribbean theme, leave the cartoons for the values. but, if you're going to switch to more child-orientated themes, pirates shouldn't cost more than nemo.

I think many parents of boys agree that it's about time disney recognized boys, as well as girls. once boys get beyond age 6 or 7, disney doesn't cater much to them. (LOVE the car stunt show!)

I also agree about the "classic" characters..mickey, minnie, donald, etc.

boys would also like more about the incredibles. sometimes it seems like the poor boys are just "along for the ride" for little sister's "princess" experience.(OR "fairy: experience)
ITA that Disney needs to be less girly. You won't find anyone who'd like to see it get less girly than I. :)

We just don't like Cars around here. Not all boys like that. It's great for the ones who do, though. I'd have preferred Stitch. Or, you know, MICKEY. The fab five. God forbid.

I'm cautiously optimistic. We don't usually stay value, never have in fact, but we're trying out Pop in March with this new resort in mind to see if we can live with value-level amenities rather than bumping up to a deluxe when our youngest turns 3. (Yeah, I'm a resort snob, I like a hot tub at the end of a long day of walking around the parks).

I'm bummed that they didn't keep the Legendary Years concept, and I disagree with the previous poster that the themes would be lost on kids. A lot of things that are still classic, like Monopoly, Crayola crayons, Lionel trains, Tonka trucks, and Lincoln Logs would tie into the earlier decades and still be identifiable to even fairly young children. The one problem I do see is that beyond a certain point Disney tie-ins wouldn't make sense because they'd be getting into decades pre-date Mickey.

Overall I like the choice of flims, though I wish they'd have chosen something other than Nemo since there are already Nemo rooms over at CBR (though I share a previous poster's opinion of those rooms - I prefer the non-cartoony decor at the moderates). Besides, Nemo and Little Mermaid in one resort kind of overdoes the underwater thing, I think. Why not Peter Pan? Or Jungle Book? Or Wall-E? Any of those would lend themselves well to fun themeing that isn't so redundant.

as far as ASMu sleeping 6. you have a double bed in the bedroom. a double pull out in the living room and a chair and ottoman that turns inot a small bed also in the living room, right? or am I wrong?
maybe the one I saw had only one bed in the bedroom cause they requested a king (maybe). are there ususally 2 beds in the bedroom? (that would seem crowded to me).
where does the 6th person sleep?
I'm so confused!!!:rotfl::confused3

as far as ASMu sleeping 6. you have a double bed in the bedroom. a double pull out in the living room and a chair and ottoman that turns inot a small bed also in the living room, right? or am I wrong?
maybe the one I saw had only one bed in the bedroom cause they requested a king (maybe). are there ususally 2 beds in the bedroom? (that would seem crowded to me).
where does the 6th person sleep?
I'm so confused!!!:rotfl::confused3

Here's the layout of ASMU suites: http://www.mousesavers.com/allstarmusicsuites.html

As a family of 5, we are really excited about having additional affordable options at WDW! We always stay at POR with a trundle bed but the girls are all to the point that they don't want to sleep on it. Lion King is our all-time favorite Disney movie!!

Definitely going to stay here when my mom and I go to Disney World in August 2012 (if the Beauty and the Beast restaurant and Little Mermaid Ride are open by then)! I would stay in The Little Mermaid and The Lion King rooms for sure! I don't like Nemo or Cars. My mom likes Nemo though.

Totally excited about more family suites. We are a family of five (possibly six if grandma tags along) and would love more options. We also love, love, love the values. The over the top theming is exactly right for our kids. They love 30 ft tall characters. ITA about more boy themed stuff at Disney as well. There just isen't nearly as much for boys as girls although our Toy Story room last time completly thrilled my son. I'm sure he would also love Cars or Lion King (grandpa would love Lion King as well LOL) so we would probably want one of those sections. We have two girls but we figure they get lots of girls stuff at Disney their brother can have a boy themed room. I did love a pp's idea of Peter Pan or Jungle Book though and ITA why not more fab five stuff.

Totally excited about more family suites. We are a family of five (possibly six if grandma tags along) and would love more options. We also love, love, love the values. The over the top theming is exactly right for our kids. They love 30 ft tall characters. ITA about more boy themed stuff at Disney as well. There just isen't nearly as much for boys as girls although our Toy Story room last time completly thrilled my son. I'm sure he would also love Cars or Lion King (grandpa would love Lion King as well LOL) so we would probably want one of those sections. We have two girls but we figure they get lots of girls stuff at Disney their brother can have a boy themed room. I did love a pp's idea of Peter Pan or Jungle Book though and ITA why not more fab five stuff.

Very excited! And if summer 2012 and open by our 4th of July trip, we'll be staying there!
We enjoy the values, mainly Movies and Pop (our favorite), but would like to have another option, so we're excited for this!

mowgli and Baboo(?) from jungle book are ALREADYthe giant Icons in the 60s section of POP.

I've got to agree with the others who are less than thrilled with this. As much as I love The Lion King and would want to stay in one of those rooms, I hate that they couldn't have just finished the Legendary Years instead of essentially doing a sequel to All Star Movies. I just don't get the common argument against finishing Pop, that "nobody who lived in those decades is alive anymore." Uh, yes they are, plus it would be just as interesting, if not more so, for people who didn't live then. (I know nobody in this thread said that yet, but it comes up a lot and I don't think it justifies the decision to abandon the Legendary Years.)

That said, there definitely are some pluses to this new hotel, one of the biggest ones being, as others have said, it does more in the way of catering to families with boys and non-girly girls. (Just as an example, when I was younger, I would have loved to see less focus on the princesses, and that was back before they had taken over everything as much as they have now.) I don't think it's a bad concept by any means; I just think it would have been better executed in a different area (perhaps added on to All Star Movies?) so that Pop could finally be finished. Also, I'm quite curious as to the fate of the bridge. Even though it doesn't go with the theming of Art of Animation, I think it would be good to leave it as sort of a tribute to what could have been...

I hope none of this message is taken as mean or hostile, as that wasn't my intention at all. I just feel that Disney isn't necessarily making a bad choice, but may be going about it in not quite the right way. Just my opinion.

I've got to agree with the others who are less than thrilled with this. As much as I love The Lion King and would want to stay in one of those rooms, I hate that they couldn't have just finished the Legendary Years instead of essentially doing a sequel to All Star Movies. I just don't get the common argument against finishing Pop, that "nobody who lived in those decades is alive anymore." Uh, yes they are, plus it would be just as interesting, if not more so, for people who didn't live then. (I know nobody in this thread said that yet, but it comes up a lot and I don't think it justifies the decision to abandon the Legendary Years.)

That said, there definitely are some pluses to this new hotel, one of the biggest ones being, as others have said, it does more in the way of catering to families with boys and non-girly girls. (Just as an example, when I was younger, I would have loved to see less focus on the princesses, and that was back before they had taken over everything as much as they have now.) I don't think it's a bad concept by any means; I just think it would have been better executed in a different area (perhaps added on to All Star Movies?) so that Pop could finally be finished. Also, I'm quite curious as to the fate of the bridge. Even though it doesn't go with the theming of Art of Animation, I think it would be good to leave it as sort of a tribute to what could have been...

I hope none of this message is taken as mean or hostile, as that wasn't my intention at all. I just feel that Disney isn't necessarily making a bad choice, but may be going about it in not quite the right way. Just my opinion.

Your post definitely didn't come off as hostile or mean. I understand your frustration. I would love to have seen the other POP finished as well. I loved reading about the early 1900s, but I think it makes me sense to do something a lot more people are familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter