Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll definitely be staying there in 2012!! We love POP, so can't wait to see the new resort.

So are there pictures of the progress yet? I know with construction you can't get close but when it was all abandoned people managed to get some pretty good distance shots. I'd be interested to watch it built!

I or someone else will be posting pictures, At this moment there really nothing going on, but I am keepin an eye on it.

I'm looking forward to this! As a family of 5 I'm excited about new options. Once the baby is out of a crib, I'm thinking that the family suites will be perfect for my family. I have 3 girls too so I think they'll love the little mermaid thing.

EDIT: Just realized that the LM area won't have family suites, but we love Nemo and Lion King around here!

Never mind finishing out the Legendary Years (which I really regret), how many of you wonder if Pop Century may be refitted to become the other half of Art of Animation? It might not take that much to do, remember that Lady and the Tramp, Baloo and Roger Rabbit are already there!

Never mind finishing out the Legendary Years (which I really regret), how many of you wonder if Pop Century may be refitted to become the other half of Art of Animation?* It might not take that much to do, remember that Lady and the Tramp, Baloo and Roger Rabbit are already there!
Many good points and questions raised on this thread. I could see how some would wonder if Disney would consider doing a refit of Pop to be the other half of Art of Animation as I have read a couple articles that argue that Pop's theming may come across as confusing to some people and the theming not being unified, etc. but Pop has such a large fan base that I don't see this happening. A few people on this thread mentioned Art of Animation essentially being like an All Star Movies 2. After reading so many reviews in which people are saying AS Movies really needs refurbished rooms, I am surprised Disney isn't doing more to invest in that resort. Also, some of the theming at All Star Movies could be seen as not having a timeless appeal (namely Herbie the Love Bug and the Mighty Ducks). Also there is the fact that there are already Finding Nemo themed rooms at CBR. While I am definitely all for more family suites at value resort pricing, I can see why there are many questions being raised about the decisions made for the theming at this new resort.

Just bumping this thread, can't wait until there is some activity going on in the construction/progress. I am really hoping our family can try this out in '12 or '13!

There's a few videos on youtube but it only shows the outside of a building. It really doesn't show much. I can't wait to see pictures. Anyone seen any room layouts? I heard they were a little different from the family suites at the all star music.

My personal theory (not based on any facts at all...just pure speculation) is Disney has held off on refurbing ASMo because they want to wait until AofA is complete. Then they will completely close ASMo for a huge renovation. Either bring it up to date with newer movies that today's children can relate to....or revamp it to some else. Perhaps (and does say ugh!) All Star Princesses! I know if that were an option right now, there would be no doubt where my DD4 would want to stay. They could have a section for all of the 'major' princesses: Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Tiana, etc.

I'm not saying that would please everyone, especially families with little boys. But with the way they have marketing the Princess product over the past few years, it's obvious they have created an audience for it. Everything my daughter owns is Disney Princess themed. Heck, they're even revamping Toon Town to accomodate the demand for Princess and Fairy character meetings.

It's plausible.

I am also looking forward to this resort!

If you do a Google Image search for "art of animation floorplan" a proposed image come up. I don't know how authentic it is, but it is a bit different than ASMu.

Yeah me too! Sheree I can't wait to stay in the Art Of Animation resort in 2012!

I'm excited for more, affordable family suites! I don't quite understand why they keep choosing Cars theming for things instead of one of the more popular Pixar movies, though. Still, I would love to stay in a Lion King room!

Cars is still a major merchandise outlet for Disney....one of the largest for boys right now, along with Toy Story. Also, Cars 2 is going to be released, I believe next summer. This will increase the popularity of the Cars theme, like what Toy Story 2 did for the Toy Story theme. Toy Story is already a theme in ASMo, which probably why they didn't pick it for AOA resort.

If I have a group large enough coming with me to stay in a family suite, we will definitely do that. I think the opening of AOA will lower the prices for the family suites due to having a larger # of them on property. Being just me, DH and DS...we wouldn't need a suite. If we so stay in a value (we usually go with mod), I will try to book one of the regular rooms there. :goodvibes

Heck, they're even revamping Toon Town to accomodate the demand for Princess and Fairy character meetings.

It's plausible.

Actually they scrapped the original plans for the massive Princess & Fairy themes, so Fantasyland would be more gender neutral. From what it seems, Pixie Hollow was scrapped, as well as some of the individual princess meet & greets.

I think the opening of AOA will lower the prices for the family suites due to having a larger # of them on property.

I don't know if I see that happening. I think the pricing is about right on the suites, but the demand far exceeds supply. Look at all the threads here over the years griping about the lack of options for larger families; there's a ton of interest in affordable accommodations for families with more than two kids. I don't think Disney will have any incentive to lower the pricing on the value suites.

My personal theory (not based on any facts at all...just pure speculation) is Disney has held off on refurbing ASMo because they want to wait until AofA is complete. Then they will completely close ASMo for a huge renovation. Either bring it up to date with newer movies that today's children can relate to....or revamp it to some else. Perhaps (and does say ugh!) All Star Princesses! I know if that were an option right now, there would be no doubt where my DD4 would want to stay. They could have a section for all of the 'major' princesses: Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Tiana, etc.

I'm not saying that would please everyone, especially families with little boys. But with the way they have marketing the Princess product over the past few years, it's obvious they have created an audience for it. Everything my daughter owns is Disney Princess themed. Heck, they're even revamping Toon Town to accomodate the demand for Princess and Fairy character meetings.

It's plausible.

I do think they're gearing up for a major refurb at ASMo that might see some of the featured movies change to more timeless/classic Disney franchises, but I don't see it going Princess-y. If anything, I think the scaling back of the Fantasyland plans shows that Disney isn't willing to do things that are perceived as "too girly". Everything there is going in a much more gender neutral direction than originally announced (much to my disappointment - the uproar over that was ridiculous IMO, seeing as how the MK has three whole lands themed to typically "boy" interests but the sky is falling if they do something that appeals to typical "girl" interests. But I guess the difference in that little girls don't throw fits over going on an outer space or pirate or cowboy themed attraction, but little boys - at least according to many of the posts complaining about the original expansion plans - can't handle being forced to endure Princess-related anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter