Disney Visa questions

if I transferred a balance from another credit card to a disney visa, do I get 0% interest on that for the first six months or something like that?

are there any hidden costs or fees or anything? I"m seriously considering getting a disney visa but I currently owe about 2,000 on another card but can probably get that paid off fairly quickly.

thanks!

One more thing, I know I just saw somewhere a $40 bonus for signing up, I think it might have been in the info that came with the free Disney planning DVD.

ooh, if you find out where you found that offer, please pm me and let me know! :thumbsup2

if I transferred a balance from another credit card to a disney visa, do I get 0% interest on that for the first six months or something like that?

are there any hidden costs or fees or anything? I"m seriously considering getting a disney visa but I currently owe about 2,000 on another card but can probably get that paid off fairly quickly.

thanks!

No other fees other then normal. ie: late fees if you dont pay :).

I dont think you'll get rewards for the transfer, and I'm not sure about the 0%, my gut says you do get it for that. Call them and ask to be sure, or it may be listed in the terms and conditions that you should read.

I love my Disney Visa.....

I use it for all the basics and earn 1%....
I always pay the whole balance each month....to keep it free money;)

All Disney Vacation packages.....ie...not room only...
you get 6 months to pay it at no charge:cool1:

Also when new packages come out.....Disney Visa members
get a day or two before the gen pop can book it....

Booked my free dining 1st day....lots of choices available....
Enjoy
Kerri

Car dealers will not let you put a whole car on a credit card....many of them even post the maximum (maybe $3000). I do have one friend who was able to do it, but he was a trial lawyer who specialized in financial stuff, and he took in some federal statute and threatened the dealer with a law suit if he didn't let him charge the car. I guess I've never been willing to go to such lengths to get Disney $$$.

But as far as large amounts are concerned....you can really rack up the dollars if you are in a "home improvement" phase of your life.

lalaroo, I sent you a PM!

I think I'm gonna do this. Use the card to pay off the trip and then for other basic charges - then pay the card off before the end of the month. Even if I only get $30 or $40 worth of disney dollars, thats still free stuff!

Readded newer points this past Spring for our Flower & Garden Festival trip. But card expires in December 2007. Doubt we’ll return to Disneyworld this year, so only put on the points I felt we could exhaust. Did not want to end up with points that we couldn’t use due to an expired reward card.

Have more points to add now, but will wait until I can get a new card for next year or our next trip.

You can also use the rewards card at disneyshopping.com or the Disney store if you have some left on it, so you don't lose them to expiration.:hug:

:goodvibes We love our Disney Visa too. We use it all the time and pay it off monthly. It always ends up covering our meals for our trips.
The other perk that I really loved was the special session we received at Epcot for being Disney Visa holders. We got to have a private meet and greet with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy. My DS(8) and DD(5) thought is was something special just for them. They took great pictures of all of us and with our own camera too. It was also air-conditioned, which was nice especially for our 4 month old DD. There was no standing in line and no pushing to get us out. Plus we got the best pictures of the whole trip with the family together!

Car dealers will not let you put a whole car on a credit card....many of them even post the maximum (maybe $3000). I do have one friend who was able to do it, but he was a trial lawyer who specialized in financial stuff, and he took in some federal statute and threatened the dealer with a law suit if he didn't let him charge the car. I guess I've never been willing to go to such lengths to get Disney $$$.

But as far as large amounts are concerned....you can really rack up the dollars if you are in a "home improvement" phase of your life.

Where I work at, we advertise everything as a 'cash price'. If you want to use a credit card, on certain things it's no biggie, but on low % profit margins / high ticket items, the price could be higher. Those skymiles / disney dollars arent free to everyone. We pay 2% for visa / mc on average, 2.25% on discover, and a whopping 3.25% on amex. So on an item we may be making less then 10% on (dont think that everything that gets sold out there has a massive markup on it) we arent going to give away / arent ABLE to give away that much of the profit..

This is a nice bonus for us. We usually use most of our reward $(almost $100 I'm hoping by the time we go) at the Disney store in Downtown Disney where we get 10% off when we use our Disney Visa. We consider this the beginning of saving our rewards for the next trip!:yay: We try to go here one of our first days so that the kids aren't then tempted to stop at every merchandise cart, store etc throughout the parks. We allot each one of them a certain $ amount and then NO MORE SHOPPING IN THE PARKS! That gives us more touring time.

We charge the normal stuff--gas , groceries, clothes etc..-- and I do all my banking online. As soon as I get home from shopping I pay the Disney Visa the exact amount I spent from my checking account.:banana:

Hope these tips help.

We bought a car and a work truck on a visa! Sadly, this was years ago before we discovered the Disney visa. We have said since then, that it is cheaper to charge a car b/c the interest rate is lower than the rate for buying a commercial vehicle!

We just decided to apply for another Disney visa (in hubby's name this time) and charge ALL the business accounts that will take a visa, so we can earn more than the $750 limit per year towards our vacation. I'm just glad reading this, that I'm not the only one charging bills, etc. and paying them monthly just to get the Disney dollars!:crazy:

We bought a car and a work truck on a visa! Sadly, this was years ago before we discovered the Disney visa. We have said since then, that it is cheaper to charge a car b/c the interest rate is lower than the rate for buying a commercial vehicle!

We just decided to apply for another Disney visa (in hubby's name this time) and charge ALL the business accounts that will take a visa, so we can earn more than the $750 limit per year towards our vacation. I'm just glad reading this, that I'm not the only one charging bills, etc. and paying them monthly just to get the Disney dollars!:crazy:

I was thinking of doing this same thing for my husband. My Disney Visa is in my name only. If you do it be sure and do the refferal thing so you can get the $25 reward on your card and his too.

i was looking at the application online and dont see where to put the referral. Is that something they ask for after you submit the application? Or maybe it was only a limited-time offer?

:goodvibes We love our Disney Visa too. We use it all the time and pay it off monthly. It always ends up covering our meals for our trips.
The other perk that I really loved was the special session we received at Epcot for being Disney Visa holders. We got to have a private meet and greet with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy. My DS(8) and DD(5) thought is was something special just for them. They took great pictures of all of us and with our own camera too. It was also air-conditioned, which was nice especially for our 4 month old DD. There was no standing in line and no pushing to get us out. Plus we got the best pictures of the whole trip with the family together!

How do you set this up? Is there a contact person at Epcot when you arrive? This was one of the reasons I just got my card!! Easy meet and greets!!:cool1: TIA!!

thanks!

You may just want to do a balance transfer to your Disney card - when I applied over the phone (because I couldn't get the online link to work) the nice guy asked if I had any balances I would like to transfer at that time - they also had the 0% for 6 months good on them! :thumbsup2

You may just want to do a balance transfer to your Disney card - when I applied over the phone (because I couldn't get the online link to work) the nice guy asked if I had any balances I would like to transfer at that time - they also had the 0% for 6 months good on them! :thumbsup2

But you don't get points for transfers do you?

thanks!

You do get the 0% for 6 months, but don't get points.

The way our dental insurance works is that we pay first, then the insurance reimburses us some percentage of the cost.We put the dentist bills on Visa, then we get reimbused by check from the insurance company....those are truly "free" Disney dollars (but I'd gladly sacrifice the Disney $ for no more kid cavities!)

does anyone know of any good sign on bonuses? I think I'm ready to sign up for a disney visa and want to get the most out of it...

even that 25 dollar gift would be great.. how do I do that? thanks!

pretty sure that the person that gives you the code gets the $25, not you :).

Now if you get one, and get someone else to sign up, then you get the $25..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest