Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

If they’re turning Splash into a salt mine decorated for a celebration, there is potential for it to be visually stunning.

Similar could be said about Na’vi River too though, and while the shaman and visuals were awesome, it lacked any serious story or thrill element to help take it next level. Maybe Tiana’s ride will be visually stunning AND they give everybody a beignet to knock it out of the park!

U.S. Military can Save up to 30% at Aulani
If you’re a U.S. Military member, you can save up to 30% on your next Aulani Resort stay.

2023-Aulani-US-Military-Discount-700x203.png
©Disney
You must be staying 2 or more nights from April 16th through June 1st. The discount can be applied most Sundays through Thursdays.

They do tend to sit for shows and parades
This happened during Disney Dreams when we saw it in Paris, too (minus the mats). I'm normally not a get-off-my-lawn type when it comes to shoulder kids or ipads-in-the-air-recording-a-show-you'll-never-watch-again, but it was awfully nice not to have any of that.

This happened during Disney Dreams when we saw it in Paris, too (minus the mats). I'm normally not a get-off-my-lawn type when it comes to shoulder kids or ipads-in-the-air-recording-a-show-you'll-never-watch-again, but it was awfully nice not to have any of that.

Did not happen when we watched anything at dlp. We all even had to band together to keep a lady and her kid from shoving through right before fireworks. We'd all been there like an hour and it was packed.

Even the parades I didn't see people sitting.

On the Polite-O-Meter, France is like a 3 while Japan is like...10 Million.
They also have absolutely zero issue waiting in 2+ hour lines for attractions. The Beauty and the Beast ride currently has a wait similar to that and they don't really complain. Even when I was there, Journey to the Center of the Earth had a 90 minute wait and people didn't have a problem with it.

I saw this happen once at WDW in The Plaza Garden View area for the dessert party. It was the best Happily ever After I'm sure I'll ever experience. Everybody in the area kept seated during the whole show.

They also have absolutely zero issue waiting in 2+ hour lines for attractions. The Beauty and the Beast ride currently has a wait similar to that and they don't really complain. Even when I was there, Journey to the Center of the Earth had a 90 minute wait and people didn't have a problem with it.
I might need to move to Japan!

This is very surprising. We were just at DLP for the second time about a month ago. We did their NYE party and then started for a couple days after. Their MK version is really beautiful but the guest politeness is a 3 like @BrianL said. And while CMs are nice in our experience, they don't do as good a job at controlling crowds during shows as at WDW. In some cases there's no attempt at all. Crowds are on their own to find walkways to get around and there were times when the crowd was paralyzed without direction after fireworks shows.

Tony Baxter Set to Headline Give Kids the World Panel on Big Thunder Mountain & EPCOT in April
Give Kids the World Presents Tony Baxter will be a two-day event featuring special panels on the creation of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and EPCOT. The former will take place April 7 at 7:00p.m., while the latter will be on April 8 at 2:00p.m., both at The Hoppening Place at Give Kids The World Village in Kissimmee, Florida. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit Give Kids The World Village to make magical dreams come true for critically ill children and their families. All ticket sale proceeds benefit Give Kids The World.
Tony Baxter is the former senior vice president of creative development at Walt Disney Imagineering, where he was responsible for creating designs and carrying out the construction of attractions all over the world. During his 47-year tenure with the company, Tony oversaw the construction of numerous contemporary Disney theme park attractions including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, and the original Journey Into Imagination. He also served as the executive producer of Disneyland Paris.

Tickets are available online now from $34.99 per experience. A special VIP experience is also available from $149.99 which includes hors d’oeuvres, a special chance to Q&A Tony personally, an autographed photo, and special reserved front-row seating to the main panel.

If they’re turning Splash into a salt mine decorated for a celebration, there is potential for it to be visually stunning.

Similar could be said about Na’vi River too though, and while the shaman and visuals were awesome, it lacked any serious story or thrill element to help take it next level. Maybe Tiana’s ride will be visually stunning AND they give everybody a beignet to knock it out of the park!

If we didn't know the layout of the ride beforehand, sure I can see that. However, since the ride portion is well known, they need to have some story leading to the drop.

At the moment, it seems forced / doesn't fit for that layout. Hopefully proven wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter