Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandcastle Pool Waterslide Closing for Short Refurbishment at Disney’s Old Key West Resort

Guests staying at Disney’s Old Key West Resort in the coming days should keep in mind that the Sandcastle Pool waterslide will be closed for a short refurbishment from August 15-24. Barring any unexpected delays, the waterslide will reopen to resort Guests on August 25, 2022.

While Guests may see refurbishment work in the area, the Sandcastle Pool will remain available to Guests throughout the refurbishment. In the meantime, Guests are welcome to use the waterslide at High Rock Spring Pool at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. A shuttle will be available to transport Guests to and from the pool from 10 a.m.-11 p.m. daily throughout the duration of the refurbishment.

I get that this stinks for park hopping, but hopefully it increase availability for afternoon LL's for people staying in one park all day. Park hoppers were getting a jump on afternoon availability over people who actually had park reservations for that park. This evens the playing field.

They don't have enough capacity for G+ to work well in 3/4 of the parks, so they have to allocate limited resources somehow. I would agree that it hopefully keeps options in HS in particular open longer into the afternoon.

But they are giving up slots in their 1st park to get the afternoon fp.

But this assumes that all parks require Genie + equally. It's pretty widely agreed that the two parks where you need it the most are MK and HS. I

It's no coincidence that these are also the two parks where reservations are harder to get, so we know there's higher base level demand there. People hanging at AK or EP for the morning and then hopping with a ton of stacked rides are doing so at the cost of families actually in those parks from jump. I have no idea how many people that is and I'd love to see data on how much of an impact it has specifically on G+ availability right at 2ish, but apparently it's enough of a number for Disney to tweak the system.

New Halloween Season Disney PhotoPass Magic Shots Debut at Magic Kingdom Tomorrow

Disney PhotoPass has announced that there will be new Magic Shots available starting tomorrow, August 12th, through October 31st to celebrate the Halloween season at Magic Kingdom. These Magic Shots are only available during the day.

halloween-2022-magic-shot-4-933x1400.jpg
halloween-2022-magic-shot-3-2000x1333.jpg

halloween-2022-magic-shot-2-933x1400.jpg

halloween-2022-magic-shot-1-2000x1333.jpg
I wonder why they're bumping the ghosts from a party shot to a day shot. I guess we find out tomorrow if there's a snazzy new party shot to replace it or if they're just doing fewer Magic Shots for the hard ticket.

Mickey and Minnie Annual Passholder Magnet Coming to EPCOT

Disney has announced that the 50th Anniversary Annual Passholder magnet will be available again, this time at EPCOT. Here’s the announcement:

mickey-minnie-passholder-magnet-return.jpg

Yoo-hoo! Missed out on the 50th Anniversary celebration Mickey & Minnie Passholder magnet? Just visit Creations at EPCOT. Pickup will be available August 25 through September 21, 2022 during Park operating hours.*

There will be no virtual queue for pickup. Each Passholder must be present and show their valid Annual Pass card, linked MagicBand or Disney MagicMobile pass and government-issued photo ID to receive a magnet.

I wish they had MagicShots with Italian Heroes/Subs/Sandwiches. I’d have that one on my desk.
You forgot wedge!! 🤣

My DD, her friend, and I were just having this discussion early today actually since she was just in Utah and I asked her about the food...and it led to bread....which led to what people call long sandwiches hahaha

I wonder why they're bumping the ghosts from a party shot to a day shot. I guess we find out tomorrow if there's a snazzy new party shot to replace it or if they're just doing fewer Magic Shots for the hard ticket.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's to get more people to buy PhotoPass. Also, you can get more done if you're doing it over the course of the day, and not just that brief period where the party has started and the sun is still bright enough to get the shot consistently.

Reactions: rlk
If I had to guess, I'd say it's to get more people to buy PhotoPass. Also, you can get more done if you're doing it over the course of the day, and not just that brief period where the party has started and the sun is still bright enough to get the shot consistently.
They didn't need the sun for this one in 2019. We got it at 11:50, just before the final stage show.

But, they can certainly go through more guests during a regular day than a party.

Transportation Tile Added to My Disney Experience App For Easy Access to Transportation Info

A “Transportation” tile has been added to the extended menu of the My Disney Experience app. To find the tile, click on the three lines on the lower right of the app and scroll down. This quick access tile will allow you to more easily find the transportation options available at Walt Disney World. From there, you can either locate the transportation option on the map, or click on the transportation option to learn more. (h/t Scott Gustin)

thursday-11-aug-2022-201905-1428x1400.png

In addition to quick access, guests will also be notified of expected downtime for select transportation options. This evening, we received an alert that inclement weather could impact Disney Skyliner or Friendship boat operations. That weather has since moved out of the area and the alert was removed. The ability to send push notifications isn’t new, but having a centralized area for the information is nice. We would still like to see Disney build out a more robust transportation section of the app with real-time availability of transportation options, but the quick-access tile is a good start.

I’m passing a Hershey exit as I type!!!!!!!!!!!! Small world!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

View attachment 692891

We love Hershey! We have spent many fall trips there as western PA folks. Once our son joined marching band that eliminated our fall trips and we stopped going. Still - great place to visit and a great theme park, but don't limit yourselves to the the theme park.

So many memories in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter