Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Disney trying to deter people from buying park hoppers? Things that make you go hmmmm.

If nothing else, I think Disney is definitely deterring hoppers from blocking up the afternoon G+ allocations. If there already aren't enough to allocations to go around, maybe they want to prioritize people who are definitely in the park, instead of those planning to come later? The system has been broken from the start and tweaks like this do nothing except make it more cumbersome to use.

Theming Added to Backstage Gate at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind in EPCOT

New theming has been added to a backstage gate near the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind attraction at EPCOT. The gate previously used to be in an area used by a bypass walkway as construction took place in the World Celebration area of EPCOT. Now, the gate blocks off a backstage area. Here’s a look.

guardians-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-backstage-gate-theming-2-2000x1333.jpg

I'm going to play devil's advocate on the Genie + change. Don't flame me - we're all friends here :duck: .

I get that this stinks for park hopping, but hopefully it increase availability for afternoon LL's for people staying in one park all day. Park hoppers were getting a jump on afternoon availability over people who actually had park reservations for that park. This evens the playing field.

It is an interesting decision on Disney's part, though. I can't help but think this will cause people to park hop less frequently, which costs Mickey money. Those park hoppers aren't cheap!

Or maybe it's just a glitch and will back to normal by tomorrow :goodvibes.

I'm going to play devil's advocate on the Genie + change. Don't flame me - we're all friends here :duck: .

I get that this stinks for park hopping, but hopefully it increase availability for afternoon LL's for people staying in one park all day. Park hoppers were getting a jump on afternoon availability over people who actually had park reservations for that park. This evens the playing field.

It is an interesting decision on Disney's part, though. I can't help but think this will cause people to park hop less frequently, which costs Mickey money. Those park hoppers aren't cheap!

But they are giving up slots in their 1st park to get the afternoon fp. It's only unfair in that people aren't able to roll through fp in DHS but I can't imagine that those picking up fp for hopping are taking that many away from those in park.

Not much different than the previous tiers, you just can't generally use fp for all rides when it's busy at DHS unless you get lucky.

But they are giving up slots in their 1st park to get the afternoon fp. It's only unfair in that people aren't able to roll through fp in DHS but I can't imagine that those picking up fp for hopping are taking that many away from those in park.

Not much different than the previous tiers, you just can't generally use fp for all rides when it's busy at DHS unless you get lucky.
But this assumes that all parks require Genie + equally. It's pretty widely agreed that the two parks where you need it the most are MK and HS. I could book a reservation for AK, book an early LL for something and then spend the rest of the morning booking LL's for HS. I'd still be able to have a great AK morning, because you really don't need LL's for most attractions. Then hop over to HS and use my stacked LL's in the afternoon. I'd gladly give up booking LL's for Everest or Dinosaur (for example) because they often don't have that long of a wait. Instead I could book afternoon Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster LL's ahead of people already in HS.

Sure helps those with Park Hopping tickets already going in a month tho.... >.> Just glad I didn't waste money on Genie + pre-buy, as that would have been an ultimate waste of $15 per day

I remember my son getting the Knight makeover in 2013. Not sure if they had it before that or not.
Ok. Good to know. When my boys were young enough, we considered the pirate makeover (which I don't even know if that's still a thing, pirates is more our speed), but couldn't fit it into the budget. Might let my sister know for when her son turns 3.

Cultural Representatives Return to World Showcase at EPCOT

Following their arrival in the United States earlier this month, guests will start to see more Cultural Representatives within their respective country pavilions in EPCOT. Earlier today, we noticed a representative working at Impressions de France in the France Pavilion!
We were served wine by a young woman from France on Monday in LesVins Des Chefs de France. We were so excited! We also had an Italian serve us at Via Napoli (but we also had an Italian serve us at Via Napoli in September 2020).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter