Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Finally, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will still open at 8:00 a.m. but will now close an hour later, at 8:00 p.m, from August 28 through October 1.
Are people able to see this on the actual Disney site? I see about half of the September weekdays still closing at 7 in AK, but Disney's IT is so darn weird...

Last edited:

Hours Extended at All Four Walt Disney World Theme Parks Through October 1

Guests will have more time to enjoy the Walt Disney World theme parks as hours have been extended from August 28 through October 1. The park hours were previously extended from July 31 through August 27.

Magic Kingdom​

On August 30 and September 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, and 30, the Magic Kingdom will open at 8:00 a.m., with early entry for resort guests at 7:30 a.m., and close at 6:00 p.m. for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

The park will open at 9:00 a.m. but close at 10:00 p.m. on September 12 and 19.
For all other dates between August 28 and October 1, the park will still open at 9:00 a.m. but will now close at 11:00 p.m. The select dates with extended evening hours for resort guests will now be from 11:00 p.m. through 1:00 a.m.

EPCOT​

EPCOT will now be open from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily from August 28 through October 1, except on September 8, when the park will not open until 9:00 a.m.

Early entry will begin daily at 8:00 a.m. for hotel guests each day, except September 8, when it will begin at 8:30 a.m.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will also now open at 8:30 a.m. from August 28 through October 1, except on September 8, when the park will not open until 9:00 a.m.

Early entry will begin daily at 8:00 a.m. for hotel guests each day, except September 8, when it will begin at 8:30 a.m.

The park will close nightly at 9:00 p.m.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Finally, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will still open at 8:00 a.m. but will now close an hour later, at 8:00 p.m, from August 28 through October 1.
AK was exactly what I've been hoping to hear, thanks!! Nice to see some 11 p.m. MK nights too.

Are people able to see this on the actual Disney site? I see about half of the September weekdays still closing at 7 in MK, but Disney's IT is so darn weird...
I just checked the last week of September, and both the website and app now show updated hours for the parks as indicated above except for AK, which shows 7pm closing time.

Am I doing something wrong or did Disney change MDE? I can no longer view wait times as a list and it’s super inconvenient

ETA: Weird I closed out of the app and went back in and now it magically works again

I just checked the last week of September, and both the website and app now show updated hours for the parks as indicated above except for AK, which shows 7pm closing time.
Right, I was questioning AK. I'm seeing mostly weekday 7s, weekend 8s but wasn't sure if my data wasn't updating.

Eta just realized I quoted the AK statement but put MK I'm my initial question. I'm questioning the AK 8pm closes as I'm not seeing those throughout most of September.

AK was exactly what I've been hoping to hear, thanks!! Nice to see some 11 p.m. MK nights too.
AK still shows 7pm close, at least for the last week of September, while all other parks reflect the new hours. I am also hoping AK stays open until 8pm, but it's looking doubtful. Fingers crossed it gets updated soon!
ETA: Looks like AK is open until 8pm on Saturday 10/1, so maybe it's just for weekends??

MagicBand+ Locked Up on Store Shelves After Reports of Guests Stealing

According to Cast Members, the locks are to prevent theft of the devices, which has reportedly been a problem in the past couple of weeks. The devices were not behind locks at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios initially.

magicband-plus-locked-1-2000x1333.jpg

Mickey Jack-o’-Lantern Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Flavored Rice Crispy, and More Halloween Treats Arrive at Magic Kingdom

Halloween treats have arrived to celebrate the season at Magic Kingdom. In Big Top Souvenirs at the bakery counter, we found a Mickey jack-o’-lantern caramel apple, a pumpkin flavored rice crispy, and more.

Jumbo Mickey Sugar Cookie – $5.49

mk 2022 halloween treats big top 1 scaled

Tie Dye Cookie – $5.49

mk 2022 halloween treats big top 6 scaled

The tie dye cookie is topped with candy corn colored icing.

Witch Minnie Caramel Apple – $10.99

mk 2022 halloween treats big top 2 scaled

Mickey Jack-o’-Lantern Caramel Apple – $10.99

mk 2022 halloween treats big top 5 scaled

Pumpkin Flavored Rice Crispy – 5.49

mk 2022 halloween treats big top 3 scaled

AK still shows 7pm close, at least for the last week of September, while all other parks reflect the new hours. I am also hoping AK stays open until 8pm, but it's looking doubtful. Fingers crossed it gets updated soon!
ETA: Looks like AK is open until 8pm on Saturday 10/1, so maybe it's just for weekends??
Think everything still needs to be updated. Still showing old hours for each park for me on most days.

No Seven Dwarfs Meet and Greet at This Year’s Mickey’s Not Scary!

Our MickeyBlog team has witnessed many guests asking where the meet and greet would be located only to sadly find out it won’t happen this year.

Guests are extremely disappointed as this is always such a popular meet and greet! There are only a few times throughout the year when you can get a photo and meet all 7 of the dwarfs.

First Look at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 50th Anniversary Lithograph

The Walt Disney World ambassadorsshared the first look at a 50th anniversary lithograph that will be available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2022, which starts tonight at Magic Kingdom.

mnsshp 2022 lithograph

The ambassadors shared photos of Cast Members collecting their trick-or-treat bags and lithographs in an Instagram story.

mnsshp 2022 lithograph 1

The lithograph features Cinderella Castle with its 50th anniversary decorations. The silhouettes of Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto are at the castle’s entrance, holding trick-or-treat bags. Some adorable ghosts float around the castle and pumpkin wreathsadorn two lampposts. “Walt Disney World 50” is at the bottom, and a full moon with the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party logo is at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter