Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I too got the email from Shanda....and i'm getting married in exactly 14 days!!

Needless to say i'm a little stressed out. This transition has been handled rather poorly. At least they could have said: Shanda is out, now X is in. I was told I'd get an additional communication from DFTW to confirm everything, and i haven't got anything yet.

I guess I'll have to call this incoming Monday and hope that (1) I will be able to talk to someone who has access to my file; and (2) all the paper was filled out with DCL and (3) everything will go well.

Freaking 'Veree.....

Do not stress out. Once you get to the port you will have excellent service. As long as your packet is in and has been filled out as you want it you should not have any issues.

Congratulations to you! You must be getting excited!

I have been lurking on this board for about a year since I booked my CC wedding last June. :guilty: All of the information has been extremely helpful. Glad to have finally find the new thread; I was wondering what happened to you all :confused3

Since we are getting married on the 14 July 2012 Eastern Fantasy sailing, and anxiously awaiting our 45 day out wedding confirmation docs, I was definitely freaked out when I got the e-mail from Shanda :eek: I feel like she could have said something a few weeks ago when I e-mailed her my packet; it would have been more comforting. We are pretty low maintenance and only have 16 people total in my wedding group, so I'm sure everything will work out fine, but being in limbo this close to my sail date is definitely an added stressor.

With regard to the marriage license, we went through license to marry even though I had read on the old thread we could do it for less through Brevard county. Ryan is awesome! Although it is $193, the ease and speed with which the transactions were handled was worth the premium IMHO. Since it is a legal transaction, you do have to ensure that things are done the right way, and attention to detail is important; nothing like having something delayed by the court because you inadvertently missed a signature or left a blank unfilled. As an extremely busy single mom, my peace of mind that everything was being handled was worth the extra dough :thumbsup2

Don't know if I'll have a whole lot more to say prior to sailing, but I'll definitely post about our experience when I return. If anyone has specific questions they'd like me to have answers to, please ask and I'll make sure to ask/make note of those things during our trip.

Congrats to everyone!

Emily

I got the email from Shanda. My vow renewal is at the end of June on DCL and I'm not worried. I know how Disney handles everything and I'm sure it will all go smoothly. I wish Shanda all the best, she did a great job!

I have a question for the DCL brides...according to what I am reading on this thread, its $20 per person extra for any guests over the amount included in the package (which I believe is 8 guests). What exactly are you paying the $20 for? A chair at the ceremony? A slice of cake? My brother got engaged on DCL and they are thinking about a DCL wedding, and they are pricing things out. They just want to know exactly what they are getting. They will call the wedding dept this week, but I said I'd check on here. :goodvibes

Hello

From what I understand the $20pp extra is to cover transportation to and from Castaway Cay wedding location on the tram (if they do a castaway cay ceremony) extra cake and extra champagne/cider.

Hope that helps.

Ever since I booked my wedding (October 10th-13th 2013 sailing of the Dream) Ive been Cruise wedding obsessed and trying to absorb any and all info and have read almost all PJ & TR for anyone who had a Castaway Cay wedding or VR.

I have a question for the DCL brides...according to what I am reading on this thread, its $20 per person extra for any guests over the amount included in the package (which I believe is 8 guests). What exactly are you paying the $20 for? A chair at the ceremony? A slice of cake? My brother got engaged on DCL and they are thinking about a DCL wedding, and they are pricing things out. They just want to know exactly what they are getting. They will call the wedding dept this week, but I said I'd check on here. :goodvibes

The $20 covers the cake and champagne. I know it doesn't seem like you get anything for it but at the end of the day it is worth the $20. We had to pay for 20 extra people and we did not mind. It does feel like Disney Nickles and dimes you to death when it comes to the cake upgrade, boutineers, flowers and other stuff. But what wedding venue doesn't. I do have to say the pianist did a wonderful job playing the songs we wanted and then playing additional songs after the ones we listed ran out. Also we had Andy perform our ceremony and he was awesome.

Future brides: Did you get your email from Shanda saying that she is moving on to a new career role on Monday, June 4th????

Got the e-mail and after a few mixed thoughts and emotions, I directly went online to discover her exact job posted. The closing date on the application was midnight of the 3rd (last night) so I presume that we'll have a temp until the new DCL wedding coordinator is hired, trained, and takes over the position. I'm glad I'm not getting married until September, or else I might be slightly concerned! But I've met a wonderful and capable onboard wedding coordinator, and with all of Shanda's current notes, you should all rest assured that everything will turn out just as magical as planned!

You know whats funny. I originally thought I was going to have to pay ontop of the $20 per each guest additional for cake and champagne. So when I found out that covered it I was like yay lol.

You know whats funny. I originally thought I was going to have to pay ontop of the $20 per each guest additional for cake and champagne. So when I found out that covered it I was like yay lol.
LOl thanks! They are going to go check out Disney's Vero Beach next weekend and then decide.

Did anyone have a hard time traveling with just the BC with ID rather than a passport? Getting on/off the ship? I have a passport, but guests are asking.

Did anyone have a hard time traveling with just the BC with ID rather than a passport? Getting on/off the ship? I have a passport, but guests are asking.

two people in my wedding party last month used birth cert. and did not have any issues.

Hey guys a very small sampling of our photos are available on facebook through our photographers page. For those of you wondering what Outlook looks like you can see it from just about every angle. Ill post a link here and in our PJ.

I LOOOVE love love your pictures! We are planning a VR in 2014 and debating about using on board photographers or to hire our own. If you don't mind sharing how much they were? It's absolutely gorgeous! I know I have so much time to plan lol I'm just so excited!

I have to make so many phone calls and actually secure a date but there isn't any 2014 dates on the cruise website =/ so does that mean I can't book anything? Also, does anyone know what happens if my husband gets deployed? Is there a special military clause for a refund?

THANKS!!
Lyla

I have to give some back story to them first. We looked at photographers for weeks because it was one of the most important things for us.

After much searching we found Divine Light Photographers and we ell in love with their work. After meeting with them (they are a married couple) we had to book them.

We booked the mid grade package that they offer and it cost around $4,000. This included 8-12 hours of photographer from 2 photographers and an album.

I would highly recommend them. Although the price may seem a bit high I could not have hoped for more. My wife and I agree that it was well worth the price. They took around 3-4000 photos throughout our day so when I say that was a sampling I mean it.

Thank you for the info!

That's out of our budget since we also intend on doing the MK shoot..but my goodness, it's really so tempting because your pictures are so pretty!

We just did not feel comfortable not being able to see a portfolio for someone before the wedding. So that is why we did not go with an on board.

yeah..that's what I'm most nervous about! I have a whole year and half to lurk the boards and decide lol It's always a hit or miss.

Hey guys a very small sampling of our photos are available on facebook through our photographers page. For those of you wondering what Outlook looks like you can see it from just about every angle. Ill post a link here and in our PJ.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.479116848771852.127273.286813804668825&type=1

Fantastic photos! Your photographer did a great job showcasing the Outlook and capturing you and your wife's connection. I especially loved the sunset pics on the ship! How did you get to the cloisters on Nassau?

We used a limo service. It was very fast to get there. We got very lucky our wedding fell on election day in Nassau so all of the shops were closed as well as all government buildings. This meant that the customs/shops building at port was empty, it also meant no traffic. The cloisters wanted $1,000 for 2 hours use. We opted not to pay and just try our luck with the general public. The cloisters is open to general public paying just reserves it for you. We spent around 2 hours there and not a single tourist showed up the entire time.

We used a limo service. It was very fast to get there. We got very lucky our wedding fell on election day in Nassau so all of the shops were closed as well as all government buildings. This meant that the customs/shops building at port was empty, it also meant no traffic. The cloisters wanted $1,000 for 2 hours use. We opted not to pay and just try our luck with the general public. The cloisters is open to general public paying just reserves it for you. We spent around 2 hours there and not a single tourist showed up the entire time.

Amazing pictures, you both look so happy! Cloisters is gorgeous! What time was your ceremony?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!