Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

We did a 12:30 ceremony. We had to be back on the boat by 530 or 6 because that is when it was leaving. It gave us plenty of time to get around the island.

We did a 12:30 ceremony. We had to be back on the boat by 530 or 6 because that is when it was leaving. It gave us plenty of time to get around the island.

Thanks so much for the information! Would you recommend the car service you used? I had read only that the A/C was out, but all in all, were they ok to use?

Yes, I woukd still recomend them. The driver was a super nice guy. He did not pull any of typical Bahamas let me take you to my friends shop etc.. The driver was very apologetic about the a/c I think it had just happened. I wrote the company an email and they never got back to me but my bill ended up being $300 instead of $500 I think that was there apology. If you do use First Choice negotiate the price. I got them to $150 per hour.

Hey guys a very small sampling of our photos are available on facebook through our photographers page. For those of you wondering what Outlook looks like you can see it from just about every angle. Ill post a link here and in our PJ.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.479116848771852.127273.286813804668825&type=1

Those photos are GORGEOUS and you made a great selection in photographers! :goodvibes I am ecstatic to learn about Cloisters because it's SUCH a beautiful place for wedding photos! I'm also thrilled that you didn't encounter any tourists there to ruin photos! I'd hate to spend another $1000 that I don't have to just to 'reserve' it! (I'm also wondering if I can get a cab safely to and from for less than $300-$500...)

I'm surprised that your ship left Nassau so early, because on my last cruise on the Dream in January, we didn't depart Nassau until about 2 AM! I guess I'll have to rethink our wedding time a bit more carefully if I intend to disembark onto Nassau for photos!

May I ask how many guests you fit into the Outlook? I've been told my group is too large for it, and their most likely onboard location for us is going to be D Lounge :headache: NOT exactly a romantic wedding venue with its neon orange and acid green couches with gray modular chairs and tables

Those photos are GORGEOUS and you made a great selection in photographers! :goodvibes I am ecstatic to learn about Cloisters because it's SUCH a beautiful place for wedding photos! I'm also thrilled that you didn't encounter any tourists there to ruin photos! I'd hate to spend another $1000 that I don't have to just to 'reserve' it! (I'm also wondering if I can get a cab safely to and from for less than $300-$500...)

I'm surprised that your ship left Nassau so early, because on my last cruise on the Dream in January, we didn't depart Nassau until about 2 AM! I guess I'll have to rethink our wedding time a bit more carefully if I intend to disembark onto Nassau for photos!

May I ask how many guests you fit into the Outlook? I've been told my group is too large for it, and their most likely onboard location for us is going to be D Lounge :headache: NOT exactly a romantic wedding venue with its neon orange and acid green couches with gray modular chairs and tables

The number of people you could fit in outlook depends on how many people are in your wedding party. What I mean by this is the number of chairs in outlook is set. I'm not sure exactly how many. But the more people standing with you the more seats are available for guests to sit. You may want to see if you can get them to increase the number of people by leveraging the number of seats needed. We had 28 including the photographers. If you can view your itinerary online you will be able to see what time your ship departs Nassau, that's how we planned the times in Nassau. We did have to push for our preferred wedding time fairly hard with Shanda. Also you can only start your ceremony so early due to hair, maakeup, and bridesmaids getting ready.

Using cabs to get to the Cloisters may work depending on how many people you have in your party. The tough part of that will be the cabs waiting on you. The cloisters is located on a narrow residential road with stone walls on one side. I woukd recomend some sort of car service either way. Also when I met with our on board coordinator I requested that he see if a golf cart could make a pickup for my wife when she got off the ship so she wouldn't need to walk the entire length of the pier to the customs checkpoint/ shops building. He was able to arrange this. Also we were able exit and enter the ship with the floral arrangements in Nassau.

If you have any more questions please let me know.

The number of people you could fit in outlook depends on how many people are in your wedding party. What I mean by this is the number of chairs in outlook is set. I'm not sure exactly how many. But the more people standing with you the more seats are available for guests to sit. You may want to see if you can get them to increase the number of people by leveraging the number of seats needed. We had 28 including the photographers. If you can view your itinerary online you will be able to see what time your ship departs Nassau, that's how we planned the times in Nassau. We did have to push for our preferred wedding time fairly hard with Shanda. Also you can only start your ceremony so early due to hair, maakeup, and bridesmaids getting ready.

Using cabs to get to the Cloisters may work depending on how many people you have in your party. The tough part of that will be the cabs waiting on you. The cloisters is located on a narrow residential road with stone walls on one side. I woukd recomend some sort of car service either way. Also when I met with our on board coordinator I requested that he see if a golf cart could make a pickup for my wife when she got off the ship so she wouldn't need to walk the entire length of the pier to the customs checkpoint/ shops building. He was able to arrange this. Also we were able exit and enter the ship with the floral arrangements in Nassau.

I also got that vibe about setting wedding times. I do hope that changes in the future to be first come first served with setting wedding times. I also couldn't get a clear answer on how many people could fit in outlook. I was essentially told that they will host parties up to 28 over 28 they will let you know when your onboard where they will host your ceremony. Since this doesn't fly well with me I'm sticking with keeping my group at 28 max. Lets hope Brides get a little more say within the limits of what can be done. Either way your wedding was beautifull Congratulations and thank you for sharing your photos and so much info with us.

Thanks for the advice! I'll look into car services, but I don't know if we'll splurge on a stretch limo ;) I think we'll only take our photographers and our best man/ maid of honor, that would make only 6 of us, and hopefully we'd be able to squeeze into a van or something (although my dress is HUGE, so maybe we wouldn't fit :laughing:) That's great to know that you could take the Disney floral to the island and back!

As for the Outlook, unless many of my guests fall through, I don't think I'd manage to squeeze in! When all said and done, I should have 40-48 guests and I've been inside the Outlook and it really is too small for that size party. I'm fairly certain even Evolution would be a better location than D Lounge, I'm just not thrilled about it at all! Although a lot of guests should be ashore Nassau, Being on Deck 4 with windows everywhere, I just feel like guests will be gawking from the deck and in the corridor- gawking being one of the main reasons I didn't want a Castaway Cay wedding! But I guess I'm fussing too much thinking about it, I'm sure I'll be too blissed out on the day of to even care!

Thanks again! I'll let you know if I have any further questions!

Jolly bean no problem. I would take a look at first choice limo. They do have a very large fleet escalates and town cars etc.. I'm sure they will have something smaller than a stretch to accommodate 6 people. The stretch would be way to large for 6 of you.

We are still debating if we should take our own photographer... or just take a chance... has anyone used the on-board photographer? any reviews??

I would like to know more about the on-board recent photographers as well. The only remarks about them I can find are from weddings that took place 2 or more years ago on different ships, not the dream... alot can change in 2 years.

We are still debating if we should take our own photographer... or just take a chance... has anyone used the on-board photographer? any reviews??

I'm a September 2012 bride, but from what I've heard from other DIS brides in the past 9 months since I've been reading this thread, the onboard photography is really hit-or-miss. Some have had a great experience, and others found it sub-par. Another complaint I've heard is that the couple has to spend a lot of precious time while on their wedding cruise to select which photos they want to take home. (That would take me an eternity! I can be so indecisive sometimes!) Photography is a VERY a high priority of mine, so I don't want to take that gamble about whether or not I'll get a creative and talented photographer. Also, I dislike that they only offer the photographer for about 1 hour for onboard brides, and 1.5 hours for CC brides. Granted, you can purchase more time with the photographer, but for me, I'd like my photographer with me from the moment I start getting ready until the moment I'm completely finished with the festivities.

I spent about a month searching for area wedding photographers, e-mailing everybody I could find to request a quote... MOST of the ones I encountered didn't even know how to approach the pricing of a cruise wedding, and the ones who did weren't cheap... I don't have a big budget, so just as I was about to give up, I had a photographer agree to come on the cruise WITH another of her photographers for only the cost of their cruise! What a giant relief! She's going to stay with me the whole day and I'm going to get all of the images on a CD! All of that costing only about $100-$200 more than Disney's top package! I can't tell you how comforting it is to know who my photographer is ahead of time!

My advice is to keep searching and keep asking. I'm guessing that a lot of photographers would love to add a cruise wedding (especially a Disney cruise wedding!) to their portfolio. I've also heard of some brides bringing along a photographer friend they know for only the cost of their cruise. The advantage to asking Central Floridian photographers is that you shouldn't have to pay for transportation!

The best part about not finding a photographer to bring along is that you can always use Disney as a backup. I've also heard of some brides asking their guests to take as many photos as possible and just skip the photography package altogether! It's all up to you and whatever you're most comfortable with! Good luck in your search!

Hi Everyone! I've been quietly lurking for a while but my darling proposed 2 weeks ago so I finally get to start officially planning my cruise line wedding!!!

:cool1:

Congratulations to all the planning brides.

My sister and I treated our parents for a Vow Renewal on the Fantasy for their 35th anniversary. We had the ceremony in the Outlook Lounge and the captain officiated.

Photos for the vow renewal and our updos in the salon start on page 8 of my trip report.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2936532&page=8

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing the photos! :goodvibes Lovely VR! Your parents look so happy!

Hi Everyone,

An unnamed person at the WDW DCL Ceremony address emailed me a reply with answers to questions I had addressed to Shanda just before she left. So if you have any questions for DFTW, I guess there is someone serving as a resource for the DCL brides until Shanda's replacement can be found. I'll be post the answers to the questions I asked in my PJ in case the information can be of assistance to others also.

Hope everyone is having a good week! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter