Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Has anyone done this? I have not received any news back from the wedding planner... just wondering how does this work for Disney Cruise brides in terms of payment... anyone know?

Has anyone done this? I have not received any news back from the wedding planner... just wondering how does this work for Disney Cruise brides in terms of payment... anyone know?

You need to contact your wedding planner and then you contact disney photography. The wedding planners don't get back to you right away sometimes it takes a week to hear from them.

Soooooo...... I'm officially out. We decided it was better to do a Disneyland Escape VR than the on ship since we couldn't get any family to go. It will work out perfectly since my grandparents live 4 miles down Harbor. We still will be on the same cruise leaving the Monday after the renewal. It has instead morphed to a honeymoon... with small children, lol. While making the decision was a bit tedious, it makes sense for us.

Good luck ladies with all your planning!

Hey everyone!
My fiancee and I just decided, after about 6 months of back an forth, that a Disney Cruise wedding is the right thing for us. Now that I am starting to plan, I just wanted to ask a question to fellow cruise brides.
I am not sure if this was addressed yet on the boards, but here goes:
I know that you can choose an onboard or castaway cay wedding. If you choose the onboard wedding, do you pick the day the wedding will be held or does this get decided for you? When you call DFTW, do they tell you the date and time right then and there or is that decided later on? Are there different times for the ceremony that you can pick from or is it one set time for all onboard weddings?

Also, being that we decided on the 3-day Disney Dream 4th of July cruise next year (fingers crossed, I'm calling DFTW on Monday), it did state that there is a deposit; does anyone know how much that is?

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone!
My fiancee and I just decided, after about 6 months of back an forth, that a Disney Cruise wedding is the right thing for us. Now that I am starting to plan, I just wanted to ask a question to fellow cruise brides.
I am not sure if this was addressed yet on the boards, but here goes:
I know that you can choose an onboard or castaway cay wedding. If you choose the onboard wedding, do you pick the day the wedding will be held or does this get decided for you? When you call DFTW, do they tell you the date and time right then and there or is that decided later on? Are there different times for the ceremony that you can pick from or is it one set time for all onboard weddings?

Also, being that we decided on the 3-day Disney Dream 4th of July cruise next year (fingers crossed, I'm calling DFTW on Monday), it did state that there is a deposit; does anyone know how much that is?

Thanks so much!

Hi Shana,

You may want to read through this entire thread and the previous cruise thread at some point because it is full of info that you won't find elsewhere. As per your questions for deposit you will need to place 20% on your room and 20% of the wedding cost. As for dates and time you can make a request but they won't confirm it until 45 days out. You may also want to purchase pass porters disney wedding guide book with is also full of everything you need to know. Happy planning.

Hi Shana,

You may want to read through this entire thread and the previous cruise thread at some point because it is full of info that you won't find elsewhere. As per your questions for deposit you will need to place 20% on your room and 20% of the wedding cost. As for dates and time you can make a request but they won't confirm it until 45 days out. You may also want to purchase pass porters disney wedding guide book with is also full of everything you need to know. Happy planning.

Thank you so much for all of the info! i will be sure to read through it and I already purchased the pass porters disney wedding guide, as of recent, so I am currently going through that as well. Thanks again!

I was wondering if any of you DCL brides are also DVC members and have used your points toward the stateroom for the wedding cruise??

has anyone used an outside photographer for their cruise wedding? I am currently shopping around to see who is out there to capture a cruise wedding that is not going to break the bank :cool1:
if any of you have used an outside photographer and brought them along, do you mind sharing who you used?

thanks

has anyone used an outside photographer for their cruise wedding? I am currently shopping around to see who is out there to capture a cruise wedding that is not going to break the bank :cool1:
if any of you have used an outside photographer and brought them along, do you mind sharing who you used?

thanks

You can check out my planning journal we brought ours along. They are not cheap but take amazing pictures. There are some other photographers in the area besides mine that have done a Disney cruise Wedding. One of them off the top of my head is Jennifer werneth.

thanks

Hi! :goodvibes

DF and I are using Jess Cumbie out of Jacksonville, FL.http://jesscumbie.com/. She got a great personality (Disney fan too), and was willing to work with us on the photography package. I contacted a ton of photographers in my search, so it may take a little bit to find someone whose work you like and will work within your budget. It's also worth it to contact photographers out of the area or local to you. Sometimes they're willing to be more flexible with packages than the FL photogs, because they may have not done a cruise wedding before. It just really depends on the photographer though. Best of luck with your search! :)

Hi! :goodvibes

DF and I are using Jess Cumbie out of Jacksonville, FL.http://jesscumbie.com/. She got a great personality (Disney fan too), and was willing to work with us on the photography package. I contacted a ton of photographers in my search, so it may take a little bit to find someone whose work you like and will work within your budget. It's also worth it to contact photographers out of the area or local to you. Sometimes they're willing to be more flexible with packages than the FL photogs, because they may have not done a cruise wedding before. It just really depends on the photographer though. Best of luck with your search! :)

Thanks so much for the reply, i will be sure to check out the photographer as well!

You can check out my planning journal we brought ours along. They are not cheap but take amazing pictures. There are some other photographers in the area besides mine that have done a Disney cruise Wedding. One of them off the top of my head is Jennifer werneth.

Thank you for the suggestion about jennifer werneth. I actually contacted her a little bit earlier today as I saw another Disney cruise wedding she did and the pictures were amazing! She had a very reasonable Destination Wedding package so she is definitely on our list of possibilities.

Thank you for the suggestion about jennifer werneth. I actually contacted her a little bit earlier today as I saw another Disney cruise wedding she did and the pictures were amazing! She had a very reasonable Destination Wedding package so she is definitely on our list of possibilities.

We also liked her pictures. She is cheaper than the photographers that we used. She was booked when we called to speak with her.

My vow renewal is coming up on the Fantasy real soon. We reserved a disney photographer package, those of you that have used a Disney photographer were you happy with the pictures and poses?

We contacted Jennifer as well, she seems really reasonable and her pictures are quite lovely. We were able to work out a great deal on a photographer that did our engagement pictures, so we decided to book her.

Greetings All :goodvibes

As DCL brides, I know we're somewhat limited in terms of customizing elements of our weddings, but what have you done/are doing to make your wedding your own? E.g. additional floral, aisle runners, signs/banners in photos...

I'm in the thick of trying to decide what things I'd like to do and am allowed to do, so I thought it'd be neat to start a discussion about decor options--hear what other brides/grooms are doing or have done.

Happy Planning!!

Hi there!
Your big day is getting closer!

I do know that they will allow us to bring silk flowers. For the under the sea cake, the white chocolate shells cannot be altered with different colors. I plan on making silk flower wands for my nieces who are 5 and younger.

As my ceremony will be onboard, I was told that I could not bring decorations or add anything additional but flowers. I am not sure what is permitted at CC.

Keep me (us!) posted on what you decide to do. And I'll be sure to do the same.

Greetings All :goodvibes

As DCL brides, I know we're somewhat limited in terms of customizing elements of our weddings, but what have you done/are doing to make your wedding your own? E.g. additional floral, aisle runners, signs/banners in photos...

I'm in the thick of trying to decide what things I'd like to do and am allowed to do, so I thought it'd be neat to start a discussion about decor options--hear what other brides/grooms are doing or have done.

Happy Planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter