Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

The DFTW website is very vague about that, and I was just as surprised as you were about that "surprise" deposit you ALSO have to put down on the wedding package.... (the DFTW site makes it seem like ALL you need to reserve your wedding is the deposit on your stateroom! tsk tsk) While on the phone reserving our onboard wedding package, we had to scramble around to figure out where to get an extra $500 we weren't expecting to spend that day! :faint: Ah well, I guess it's just less I have to pay later on!

This has to be a recent change. We also only put a deposit on the cabin and were able to reserve the date.

This has to be a recent change. We also only put a deposit on the cabin and were able to reserve the date.

I booked in mid-September 2011, and we had to place the wedding deposit. The DFTW cast member seemed amazed that I was unaware of that second deposit. I told her verbatim what the website said (with a lack of "20% deposit required") and she still didn't believe me. I guess the DFTW cm's know more about WDW weddings than DCL weddings!

The current manager of Palo is Pietro; however, he won't be there when we cruise in September. We saw PJ in a white uniform from afar and was told he was now doing concierge.

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of the cruise brides did oot bags? I know I read somewhere in the planning material that they can deliver them to the staterooms for you. But I'm wondering about lugging them onboard. How did you get your wedding stuff onboard. I'm not planning on bringing a ton but I'm thinking 28 oot bags will take a little space lol. Also has anyone have any photos from outlook ceremony that show the decoration? I'm wondering if there is anyway to incorporate my colors into the space.

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of the cruise brides did oot bags? I know I read somewhere in the planning material that they can deliver them to the staterooms for you. But I'm wondering about lugging them onboard. How did you get your wedding stuff onboard. I'm not planning on bringing a ton but I'm thinking 28 oot bags will take a little space lol. Also has anyone have any photos from outlook ceremony that show the decoration? I'm wondering if there is anyway to incorporate my colors into the space.

We carried on my wifes wedding dress, my tuxedo, and all of the wedding gifts. We did this by placing all of the gifts in a large box and then by putting then in a large duffel bag with wheels. We thoug about having gift delivered to the rooms but we got freh water pearls for the guys and wanted them to wear them for the ceremony on the second day so we handed out the gifts at dinner to guys and girls.

I would like to make a suggestion about boarding. Put luggage tags on before you get to the port. Whoever is driving should pull up to the curb of the port and hand over your checked luggage to the Disney employees standing on the curb. They will ask you to leave your luggage on the curb and it will loaded on to carts then taken to the ship. After you have done this you can go park in the garage. It is $75 but since you are carrying a giant dress it is worth the price. You can inform your guests of off sit parking that is $6 per day. Here is the link.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/directions/

They provide shuttle service to the port my whole party did it and it worked out just fine.

As far as outlook. You will most likely not have time to decorate the room. But if you just want the colors I may have a couple shots that my brother took. We are still waiting on professional photos. The outlook has very neutral colors kind of a beige so it will work with anything. The windows are huge and the light pours in them. My wife and I both agreed we were very happy we had our ceremony in outlook over castaway cay due to the heat.

Read my planning journal link is in my signature for some more tips. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask. And don't worry Disney does an amazing job your wedding will go smoothly.

Read my planning journal link is in my signature for some more tips. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask. And don't worry Disney does an amazing job your wedding will go smoothly.

Thank you great information to have :)

Hello to everyone and congrats to all of the future brides! We just did our VR May 15th. We were on board the Magic, and we opted to do our VR at Atlantis in the Bahamas. We had a fabulous pastor and photographer, and then we came back to the ship and had dinner at Palo. The next day, all of our guests had a blast swimming at Castaway. I am going to attempt to post a pic...still waiting on the pro ones. They are mailing me a disc of pictures :)
magicwedding.jpg

Beautiful photo!! Your dress is just gorgeous, and I can imagine that the Atlantis was an incredible backdrop for your VR. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing the picture! :goodvibes

The current manager of Palo is Pietro; however, he won't be there when we cruise in September. We saw PJ in a white uniform from afar and was told he was now doing concierge.

We got back from our wedding cruise yesterday. Yep, PJ is in concierge; he was so sweet to us.

Has anyone gone directly through the Courthouse in Florida to obtain their wedding license instead of using The Wedding Experience?

Has anyone gone directly through the Courthouse in Florida to obtain their wedding license instead of using The Wedding Experience?

yes we did. The day we got into Orlando we went gave our luggage to your parents who were taking the magical express and then took a Taxi to the Orange Co. Court House. It was a simple process. it takes around 1 1/2 to 2 hours(well it did for us) we went on a thursday afternoon around 1:00. Overall a very easy process

Those non-Florida residents who do want to obtain the license by mail can get it from Brevard County for FREE (just the cost of the license) and do nothing more than they would do if they paid The Wedding Experience's hefty surcharge.

I'm not sure why Disney doesn't tell couples this, unless they're getting kickbacks from TWE. :teeth:

Not sure why they don't list that as an option either but I'm glad I know now. Will be mailing away for it soon - our day is August 25 aboard the Fantasy.

I am a Florida resident and we just went to the local tax collectors office and paid our $90 fee and got the license. I had no idea out of staters were having to a pay a huge fee. I don't know what you need if you are out of state but in state residents just need a couple forms of ID and payment.

That's the thing—people from out of state DON'T have to pay a big fee, it's the same price Florida residents pay.

What happens is, non-Florida residents get suckered by these companies that offer to obtain the license for them at a cost of hundreds of dollars on top of the county's license fee, when they could get the license by mail themselves via Brevard County for just the cost of the license. These companies still require you to jump through all the same hoops (notarizing the signatures, etc.) that Brevard County does, so it's not like you're getting any extra service. :sad2:

I would like to shout out to all of you past, present and future brides for your post. This forum has been a huge help and much appreciated.

We finally set a date and I have somewhat started our PJ.

Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and Congratulate the new brides on the board. Its always great to see so many happy brides. It makes me look forward to our cruise date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter