Disney Channel Games Will Be GREAT in '08!

if you have a ticket but its for the seats can't you go to the field if you wanted to?
My quote referred to the daily tapings.I do not remember if people with tickets in the stands were allowed on the field at the Concert last year.I did not try to go onto the field.I am sorry I don't have an answer for you.I am glad you "scored" tickets-it seems so MANY people did not.

if you have a ticket but its for the seats can't you go to the field if you wanted to?
No, if you have stadium tickets you are NOT allowed to go on the field. The tickets are actually reserved seating. You will get a specific section, row and seat number that you must sit at. The people on the field tickets will state "field" and they will have to get in line VERY early, I would imagine, to get up close and personal to the stars. We were there last year and the field looked absolutely crazy. As there were a ton of people, young and old. All we kept wondering was if there was any pushing and shoving going on down there? The people on the field will not have as much freedom to move, go potty or get refreshments as the people in the reserved seats. Mostly because the field is where all the taping is going on for the segments of the concerts that will be aired on the DCG during the summer.

I sent my email at 12:02am, got a delivery confirmation, no auto reject, and still have heard nothing about tickets. I requested 5 in the Stadium. If I haven't heard by now, does that mean we didn't get them?

I am with you I sent a email at 12:05am, did not get an auto reject but no ticket confirmation yet. I am still holding out hope.

I did the same....and nothing yet..... :o( I really want to get to see these!

Anybody recieve a response yet?

are the field seatings open to the general public?

Also at the venue is there a sparate line for seat tickets and field tickets? :hippie:

The poster on another board who posted that the daily tapings may be closed to the public has NOW posted that the stadium WILL be open to the public during the tapings,but that it will not be spectetor friendly like last year-whatever that means.:)

This all just seems fishy to me. Having been there like we were last year, you know how it's set up and unless they are going to lock everyone in their seats, HOW can it not be spectator friendly... unless everything is being taped behind that stage area and facing the other direction? Also, was anyone really there to "watch" the games I mean come on, it was a photo and autograph op for the kids to see their fav celebs... and there's no way to avoid spectators from still having that!

How long do you think they will take to email us back if we got tickets or not?I need to know because I will have to change some dinner reservations.

This all just seems fishy to me. Having been there like we were last year, you know how it's set up and unless they are going to lock everyone in their seats, HOW can it not be spectator friendly... unless everything is being taped behind that stage area and facing the other direction? Also, was anyone really there to "watch" the games I mean come on, it was a photo and autograph op for the kids to see their fav celebs... and there's no way to avoid spectators from still having that!
Hal Boedeker has a direct quote from Disney in his blog.It is worded differently than the poster's post.It just says that unlike last year they are not actively recruiting audience members.It goes on to say that Guests are welcome to come into the stadium when games are taking place,but that the TELEVISION TAPING of the Games is not spectator friendly.So,I interpet their statement to mean that there is down time during the television taping.I don't interpet it to mean that the actual "experience" will not be spectator friendly.It sounds like it will be just like last year to me.:)

I just got the email with the confirmation letter for our tickets for the concert!!!! It came at 10:23pm tonight (Sunday). I sent my request at 12:02am on Saturday night.

The poster on another board who posted that the daily tapings may be closed to the public has NOW posted that the stadium WILL be open to the public during the tapings,but that it will not be spectetor friendly like last year-whatever that means.:)
Can you provide a link for the other board? Or PM me?

Sent mine at 12:01 on 29th and got ours tonight as well! Yeah! As for the games, I guess our happy lil booties will be sitting there in line... should we wear something so we all recognize each other? LOL

Can you provide a link for the other board? Or PM me?
Just go to the "Welcome to the Dis" board.There is a Disney Channel Games thread there.It looks like the poster has now edited the post,but you can still see it in a question I posted.As I posted earlier Hal Boedeker has the actual qoute from Disney and if I am interpeting it correctly,the daily tapings should be very similar to last year.:)I also still think there is a POSSIBILITY of a FanFair on April 30.:)

I just got the email with the confirmation letter for our tickets for the concert!!!! It came at 10:23pm tonight (Sunday). I sent my request at 12:02am on Saturday night.

That is fantastic, I did receive and email from Rosemarie and she said they recieved 1,000 emails before 12:07am and they are wading through them. I am still waiting but I didn't get my request in until 12:05am. I am keeping positive thoughts!!! Send some pixie dust my way!

No, if you have stadium tickets you are NOT allowed to go on the field. The tickets are actually reserved seating. You will get a specific section, row and seat number that you must sit at. The people on the field tickets will state "field" and they will have to get in line VERY early, I would imagine, to get up close and personal to the stars. We were there last year and the field looked absolutely crazy. As there were a ton of people, young and old. All we kept wondering was if there was any pushing and shoving going on down there? The people on the field will not have as much freedom to move, go potty or get refreshments as the people in the reserved seats. Mostly because the field is where all the taping is going on for the segments of the concerts that will be aired on the DCG during the summer.

So I should have requested "seats" instead of "field" huh? How close are the seats from the actual stage though? I've never been to this area of WDW at all so I'm not familiar with it. I'll search for some pics.

So I should have requested "seats" instead of "field" huh? How close are the seats from the actual stage though? I've never been to this area of WDW at all so I'm not familiar with it. I'll search for some pics.
I am not good with distances but last year we had really good seats in the stadium and we needed binaculars to "really" see the stars. Basically this is filmed at the baseball field, at Wide World of Sports, so the reserved seats are where a person would sit to watch a baseball game. The concert portion of this will be filmed in the outfield, say home run section? I'm guessing here but this will be pretty close if they do it the same as last year.

No matter where you are this will be a night to remember for everyone that attends. We had a blast with our girls last year. Do not miss the fireworks at the end they were pretty awesome!! If you end up on the field just go potty and grab some water before you get in line.

I am not good with distances but last year we had really good seats in the stadium and we needed binaculars to "really" see the stars. Basically this is filmed at the baseball field, at Wide World of Sports, so the reserved seats are where a person would sit to watch a baseball game. The concert portion of this will be filmed in the outfield, say home run section? I'm guessing here but this will be pretty close if they do it the same as last year.

No matter where you are this will be a night to remember for everyone that attends. We had a blast with our girls last year. Do not miss the fireworks at the end they were pretty awesome!! If you end up on the field just go potty and grab some water before you get in line.

I found a picture of the stadium so I can see what you're talking about. I wondered where the stage was, so thank you for that. I do have tickets for the field but wondered about trading someone for seats in the stadium...but I'm not sure. There will be (3) 31/32 year old moms with (2) 8 year olds and a (7) year old. I knew they'd ask us over and over again why we were so far away and everyone else got to be down closer. :goodvibes So, I broke down and went for the field tickets and that's what I got. This is our first year so we'll learn from any mistakes we make!!!

Thanks for your input!

I found a picture of the stadium so I can see what you're talking about. I wondered where the stage was, so thank you for that. I do have tickets for the field but wondered about trading someone for seats in the stadium...but I'm not sure. There will be (3) 31/32 year old moms with (2) 8 year olds and a (7) year old. I knew they'd ask us over and over again why we were so far away and everyone else got to be down closer. :goodvibes So, I broke down and went for the field tickets and that's what I got. This is our first year so we'll learn from any mistakes we make!!!

Thanks for your input!
I REALLY THINK WITH YOUR KIDS BEING THAT OLD YOU SHOULD BE OKAY! I AM GOING WITH MY BF, HER 2 GIRLS AND MY 2 GIRLS AND MY LITTLE ONE JUST TURNED 5. I ALSO AM HAVING SOME REGRET ABOUT ASKING FOR THE FIELD TIX BUT I KNOW THEY WILL "SCREAM" WHEN THEY FIND OUT WE ARE ON THE FIELD. SO I WILL LEAVE IT AS IS!!
BECKY

I REALLY THINK WITH YOUR KIDS BEING THAT OLD YOU SHOULD BE OKAY! I AM GOING WITH MY BF, HER 2 GIRLS AND MY 2 GIRLS AND MY LITTLE ONE JUST TURNED 5. I ALSO AM HAVING SOME REGRET ABOUT ASKING FOR THE FIELD TIX BUT I KNOW THEY WILL "SCREAM" WHEN THEY FIND OUT WE ARE ON THE FIELD. SO I WILL LEAVE IT AS IS!!
BECKY

I was on the same page of thinking! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter