Disney Channel Games Will Be GREAT in '08!

With regard to the Field vs Seat tickets.... yes, seats are way more comfortable and yes some people were squishing and such but... my then 7 yar old and her 7 year old friends had a ball and would not have traded those field spots for anything. We were able to take breaks etc... because there are LONG breaks in between each act and with several parents, one makes the run for the potty or the refills etc.. and the rest hold the spots. It's all good... you'll be glad... bring a blanket and some ponchos though... blanket for you to sit off to the side when things are on down time and boring and it starts to get late and ponchos for ...well... you know LOL I hope they have the refill cups again this year! They were about $3 for the first soda and then $1 for each additional in that cup... we still use them, pretty nice plastic cups with lids... we had a sharpee (for autographs) that we just put everyone's name on so we didn't mix them up

With regard to the Field vs Seat tickets.... yes, seats are way more comfortable and yes some people were squishing and such but... my then 7 yar old and her 7 year old friends had a ball and would not have traded those field spots for anything. We were able to take breaks etc... because there are LONG breaks in between each act and with several parents, one makes the run for the potty or the refills etc.. and the rest hold the spots. It's all good... you'll be glad... bring a blanket and some ponchos though... blanket for you to sit off to the side when things are on down time and boring and it starts to get late and ponchos for ...well... you know LOL I hope they have the refill cups again this year! They were about $3 for the first soda and then $1 for each additional in that cup... we still use them, pretty nice plastic cups with lids... we had a sharpee (for autographs) that we just put everyone's name on so we didn't mix them up

Awesome tips, thank you!!! Having lived in Central FL my entire life, I always have ponchos with me when at a theme park! :lmao:

LOL it's Disney... do they sell shirts? Ummm yeah LOL... along with every other piece of junky parafanalia (sp??) they can muster... last year they sold about 12 dfferent shirts, some for team colors, some for just the games etc.... also foam fingers and buttons and... well you get the idea... they are on sale outside the stadium at booths as well as in the little stores... (all week so if you are thereearlier in the week you migh want to stop by and check that stuff out before they sell way down)

Another tip... bring something for the kid to do during the down time.. it gets rather boring so even a deck of Uno Cards or crayons and coloring books will save your sanity... we were also able to bring in snacks last year so you might want to throw in some smaller things to keep you from spending a fortune at the snack bar...

AND BRING A SHARPEE and something for autographs.. they sell them there but trust me it's a LOT cheaper at Walmart LOL My kids just got their shirts autographed but think about that when buying a shirt - some colors show better than others even when using a black shrpee - Yellow worked best for us last year... the red shirt is pretty dark...

LOL it's Disney... do they sell shirts? Ummm yeah LOL... along with every other piece of junky parafanalia (sp??) they can muster... last year they sold about 12 dfferent shirts, some for team colors, some for just the games etc.... also foam fingers and buttons and... well you get the idea... they are on sale outside the stadium at booths as well as in the little stores... (all week so if you are thereearlier in the week you migh want to stop by and check that stuff out before they sell way down)

Another tip... bring something for the kid to do during the down time.. it gets rather boring so even a deck of Uno Cards or crayons and coloring books will save your sanity... we were also able to bring in snacks last year so you might want to throw in some smaller things to keep you from spending a fortune at the snack bar...

AND BRING A SHARPEE and something for autographs.. they sell them there but trust me it's a LOT cheaper at Walmart LOL My kids just got their shirts autographed but think about that when buying a shirt - some colors show better than others even when using a black shrpee - Yellow worked best for us last year... the red shirt is pretty dark...
* Will they be able to get autographs during the concert or just during the games and/or fanfare (if it happens)?
*Can you bring a small cooler or backpack into the stadium for the snacks, pens, small toys/games?
*Are the items for sale just at WWOS or at WDW as well? We are just going to the concert and not planning on attending any of the games portion.

Thanks for any other tips! My son is special needs and will be in a wheelchair (we have stadium seats).

Denise

Ok, I just told my trio, and they were SCREAMING!!! They are so excited!!!

* Will they be able to get autographs during the concert or just during the games and/or fanfare (if it happens)?
*Can you bring a small cooler or backpack into the stadium for the snacks, pens, small toys/games?
*Are the items for sale just at WWOS or at WDW as well? We are just going to the concert and not planning on attending any of the games portion.

Thanks for any other tips! My son is special needs and will be in a wheelchair (we have stadium seats).

Denise

Yes they will be abe to get autographs - the stars come in and out of the staging area through the stands way over on the right (as you face the stage) so do your very best to get seats on that aisle (hey honey use that wheelchair if you have to!) OR find out if it is possible for you to get in the front row etc... keeping in mind that the far right aisle or the front row is the place to be.

You can access the store without going to the actual games so you may want to check that out when you pick up your tickets (remember you have to pick those up by Wed 30th) because the selection of items is MUCH better here than anywhere else.

You might want to ask about the cooler - we could last year but you never know... but with a special needs child, you of course will be allowed more than the average persn because they tend to need special things! Disney is usually so good though about not making a stink about anything I suspect it will be fine.

Most of all just enjoy the moment... the kids are just in AWE... oh and BRING BINOCULARS so they can REALLY see because in the stands/seats it's harder... although they did have those big screens on the sides of the stage last year so you can see it on there if nothing else!

Awesome!!

I emailed and didn't get tickets. :( The whole thing was very confusing, I thought I was going to be eligible to get them early because we are annual passholders, but then we didn't get the request sent in before they ran out. So I set up my Auto AOL to email right at midnight when they came out for the general public, but it must have been delayed because around 8:00 AM I got the email saying I was too late. Oh well. :(

Yes they will be abe to get autographs - the stars come in and out of the staging area through the stands way over on the right (as you face the stage) so do your very best to get seats on that aisle (hey honey use that wheelchair if you have to!) OR find out if it is possible for you to get in the front row etc... keeping in mind that the far right aisle or the front row is the place to be.

You can access the store without going to the actual games so you may want to check that out when you pick up your tickets (remember you have to pick those up by Wed 30th) because the selection of items is MUCH better here than anywhere else.

You might want to ask about the cooler - we could last year but you never know... but with a special needs child, you of course will be allowed more than the average persn because they tend to need special things! Disney is usually so good though about not making a stink about anything I suspect it will be fine.

Most of all just enjoy the moment... the kids are just in AWE... oh and BRING BINOCULARS so they can REALLY see because in the stands/seats it's harder... although they did have those big screens on the sides of the stage last year so you can see it on there if nothing else!
Thank you so much for all the tips. We arrive on 4/26 and are going to pick up the tickets before we check into the CR. I'll probably let the kids go ahead and shop at the store then. I'm glad they have plenty of seating for wheelchairs. They are all so excited. It'll be our last night, and we go to the P&PP the night prior. Great last 2 days of our trip!

Just spoke with a CM who hopefully has the wrong information!!!

He said you have to pay $11.75 just to get into the WWofS complex (daily) and then that there was going to be an entrance fee to WATCH the tapings. He did not know how much though.

Still hoping its free like it was last year!

They start letting people in at 7pm, yes? So what time should we arrive to park, get in line, etc? We will be coming from the Beach Club.

You have seats Triplefigs so whenever... no reason to stand in line for that... and they usually have a special entrance for wheelchairs so ask about that too when you get your tickets.

You have seats Triplefigs so whenever... no reason to stand in line for that... and they usually have a special entrance for wheelchairs so ask about that too when you get your tickets.
Thank you! You've been a great help!

Just spoke with a CM who hopefully has the wrong information!!!

He said you have to pay $11.75 just to get into the WWofS complex (daily) and then that there was going to be an entrance fee to WATCH the tapings. He did not know how much though.

Still hoping its free like it was last year!
So they are giving FREE tickets to the showcase event,the DCG Concert,but are CHARGING to watch the daily tapings?I will be VERY surprised if EVERYTHING isn't free like last year.:)

Denise
I don't remember DCG merchandise being sold anywhere but WWoS last year.:)

They start letting people in at 7pm, yes? So what time should we arrive to park, get in line, etc? We will be coming from the Beach Club.
I rode the bus from DHS last year,but the parking lot was PACKED-PACKED-PACKED!If you wait too late you may get stuck in traffic.It is a fun atmosphere at the DCG Concert,so I say the earlier the better.What I am thinking about doing is going to WWoS about 5:00,eating at the All-Star Cafe and just hanging out.:)

I rode the bus from DHS last year,but the parking lot was PACKED-PACKED-PACKED!If you wait too late you may get stuck in traffic.It is a fun atmosphere at the DCG Concert,so I say the earlier the better.What I am thinking about doing is going to WWoS about 5:00,eating at the All-Star Cafe and just hanging out.:)

WEDWDW,
You rode the bus TO WWS, were there buses to get back? Or did you have to take a cab?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter