DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

The Temple of Heaven is one big park with the Hall of Prayer for a Good Harvest in the middle of it all. There are a few other monuments around the park, but by far the best part was just seeing everyone out enjoying themselves was wonderful. Over the last few years I've been on a nerdy mission to see many of the monuments that inspired the World Showcase pavilions. This was by far the coolest. Absolutely amazing the lengths the imagineers went to copy the Hall of Prayer. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00092.jpg DSC00101.jpg DSC00114.jpg DSC00117.jpg DSC00124.jpg

Well, I guess I'm leaving my hand-held radio at home for this trip. Funny since ham radio has been legal in China for something like 20 years now.

de NS1X

I figure it's about time to start a DIS Tencennial MegaMeet Roll Call.

Dave & Sally - 7/22 - 7/26 - Saratoga Springs

Mike & Christy - Dreams Villas July 23-30
Mike - Contempory -July 22 (Work is flying me out a day early so I can remotely support a Data Center outage that will happen while Christy is in the air)

So I was looking up airfare because I need a new trip to plan and am confused. When I searched on Delta for a flight to Tokyo, then Tokyo to Hong Kong, and then Shanghai back home, Delta came up with nothing at all. Then I looked on Travelocity and searched for flights to Hong Kong and then from Shanghai back home, and it was $300 more than the results it gave me if I threw Tokyo into the mix. Very strange.

(I was looking at this October, just to get an idea)

Laurie

Interesting Laurie. I haven't played with it yet myself because I'm working on some intervening trips. I'm not sure at all what routes Delta flies to Asia, or any of its partners.

Interesting Laurie. I haven't played with it yet myself because I'm working on some intervening trips. I'm not sure at all what routes Delta flies to Asia, or any of its partners.

The issue seemed to be the Hong Kong to Tokyo leg of the trip. When I was on Travelocity, it did pick up some Delta flights (although they were thousands more than United or American) for the arrival or return but I could not get the whole itinerary on the Delta site. I'll need to play some more. Most of the options routed us through Dallas, Chicago or Detroit.

Laurie

The issue seemed to be the Hong Kong to Tokyo leg of the trip. When I was on Travelocity, it did pick up some Delta flights (although they were thousands more than United or American) for the arrival or return but I could not get the whole itinerary on the Delta site. I'll need to play some more. Most of the options routed us through Dallas, Chicago or Detroit.

Laurie
Laurie, have you checked United? We have a couple of code share partners that fly into Houston and using dummy dates, I've been able to find some realllly good mileage deals using United's codeshare partners out of Houston. And, if using miles, you can book miles one way and use cash on the other leg.

Laurie, have you checked United? We have a couple of code share partners that fly into Houston and using dummy dates, I've been able to find some realllly good mileage deals using United's codeshare partners out of Houston. And, if using miles, you can book miles one way and use cash on the other leg.

Christy,

I'll try them next. Brian likes to fly Delta because he has some preferred card through them, but that may not be an option this trip. I thought it was weird that it was actually cheaper to add in another leg for Tokyo than without it, but I'm not exactly an expert on the Asian air market.:rolleyes2

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter