DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

It's been so long since we signed up for this trip, and now here we are only 6 months away!!!! (I'm hoping we will be flying out on the 10th). I can't tell if I'm more nervous or excited about this trip, but I know once I'm there, it will be incredible!

Laurie
Both! lol

I have been laughing at all the activity on the Viking trip thread and so little here with the trip closer. Am I the only one worried that before October the process of going to China will be altered in some way? I have not even started looking for plane tickets yet. I am really excited about this trip just nervous it will be canceled for events beyond our control. Thanks for letting me vent, lol.

Am I the only one worried that before October the process of going to China will be altered in some way? I have not even started looking for plane tickets yet.
You're not the only one. We haven't started looking at flights yet either.

Part of that is the whole situation with China, the other part is that we just don't know about adding Tokyo.

I have been laughing at all the activity on the Viking trip thread and so little here with the trip closer. Am I the only one worried that before October the process of going to China will be altered in some way? I have not even started looking for plane tickets yet. I am really excited about this trip just nervous it will be canceled for events beyond our control. Thanks for letting me vent, lol.

I agree. I was speaking with someone yesterday about this trip. She could not believe that we would even think about going to Japan and/or China given the political-military situation between Japan, China and Korea. I told her that we'd rather be close to the action :mic: than watch it on TV :happytv:.

I'm sure that activity will on this thread will pick up considerably if and when John can get the undivided attention of someone at Tokyo Disneyland.

The main thing I get nervous about is just getting the Chinese Visa. But tourism has been skyrocketing in China. I can't see China restricting tourists as a whole. Who knows about N. Korea? I might avoid Seoul right now, but I think we're pretty safe in China. Beijing would be the last place Korea would threaten.

GL on the Tokyo package. We were considering going to Tokyo over Christmas, but pushed it off until next summer in hopes of more time and (slightly?) lighter crowds.

We booked 2 pre nights in HK. I think the plan is eating dim sum until we drop before taking a taxi down to HKDL.

This is something we are carefully monitoring.

We have not purchased airfare yet either.

Hi Folks,

Some of you have written about going to Tokyo.

I can tell you that communication with TDL is very, very slow and this seems to be much more difficult than expected.

They are not helpful or forthcoming with information.

We are being told that October is a very busy season because of Halloween.

We get the feeling that they don't need us because it's already busy.

If waiting is making you anxious, you might want to go ahead and book individually.

I don't have information, but that is not for lack of trying.

We are still working to make this happen, but the answer may be that this does not work.

I'm sorry that I don't have better information that that.

Also, we are watching the news and waiting to see what the world situation might become.

If you are uncomfortable waiting, then by all means, book what works for you.

Kevin

It's going to be here before we know it!!

We have confidence in ABD knowing if it's safe for the trip to happen. I'm sure they do not want to put any guest in potentially dangerous situations, so I'm not worrying about that until/if we have to. (Of course, we will cancel on our own if we don't feel safe.)

I wonder if TDL has VIP guides we could hire when we get there? Hmm...

Those who have been to Japan or China before - what were your favorite experiences, food, etc? Not just at Disney, but as a whole?

Hi Folks,

Working with TDL is taxing.:crazy:

John is sending an email with details about a 3 day stay in the Disneyland Hotel at TDL.

We are going to need to know if this is something you want to do no later than tomorrow afternoon.

I realize that this is short notice, but this is the way things have been going.

Thanks for your patience.

Follow-up question. Considering that this will be booked and paid through Dreams, will there still be the MasterCard-only limitation, or will we be able to use other credit cards?

I am also adding on Tokyo Disneyland. You will be amazed by Tokyo DisneySea. It's a beautiful park!

There are ITunes apps for Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, Shanghai PhotoPass. I have not found an official app for Tokyo Disneyland.

How many of you are attending The DIS 20th Anniversary Megameet? Would you like to schedule a meetup to talk about the trip and socialize a bit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter