DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Hoping for advice (and not terrible news)...I haven't traveled to Asia before. Should I have booked airfare already? I was hoping to hear news about the possible Tokyo pre-ABD add on before making flight arrangements.

Hoping for advice (and not terrible news)...I haven't traveled to Asia before. Should I have booked airfare already? I was hoping to hear news about the possible Tokyo pre-ABD add on before making flight arrangements.

Don't know if it will calm your fears, but John and I have not bought our airfare yet.

We usually book our airfare way in advance, but we're waiting for the same reason you are. I've read articles that suggest booking Asian airfare 4-6 months in advance. From what I understand, Tokyo is available to book 6 months out, so I'm hoping we'll have some info soon on whether an organized pre-trip is possible and depending on that, we can firm up our plans.

Laurie

We usually book our airfare way in advance, but we're waiting for the same reason you are. I've read articles that suggest booking Asian airfare 4-6 months in advance. From what I understand, Tokyo is available to book 6 months out, so I'm hoping we'll have some info soon on whether an organized pre-trip is possible and depending on that, we can firm up our plans.

Laurie

Tokyo Disneyland resort bookings have changed a little. Non package room reservations are now available 5 months out, not 6.

Thanks for the tip! I was looking online about the visa process. It seems confusing. So I will need to use a documents agency and send my passport (!) or travel personally to NYC to take care of this? Would love to hear about the process from those who have been to China before.

Laurie

Thanks for the tip! I was looking online about the visa process. It seems confusing. So I will need to use a documents agency and send my passport (!) or travel personally to NYC to take care of this? Would love to hear about the process from those who have been to China before.

Laurie

I went to the Houston Chinese Consulate a couple years ago. You had to submit all their requirements plus your passport for ~2 wks. It was fine, but honestly I may just use one of the mail in services this time to avoid the trips and appointments. I don't remember much about it other than making sure everything was filled out exactly as the instructions require. They were sticklers. It was kind of like going to the DMV. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't an overly thrilling experience.

I went to the Houston Chinese Consulate a couple years ago. You had to submit all their requirements plus your passport for ~2 wks. It was fine, but honestly I may just use one of the mail in services this time to avoid the trips and appointments. I don't remember much about it other than making sure everything was filled out exactly as the instructions require. They were sticklers. It was kind of like going to the DMV. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't an overly thrilling experience.

Thanks, Kevin. I'm not overly thrilled about mailing out my passport somewhere, but that seems like a better option than travelling from Ohio to New York to do it! 2 weeks isn't bad. I'm not anticipating having to flee the country anytime soon.

Laurie

Thanks, Kevin. I'm not overly thrilled about mailing out my passport somewhere, but that seems like a better option than travelling from Ohio to New York to do it! 2 weeks isn't bad. I'm not anticipating having to flee the country anytime soon.

Laurie

I understand the hesitation of mailing your passport in. I mailed mine in for renewal today. Fingers crossed. I'm not too worried about the company handling the passport for the Visa. I'm just nervous about going through the mail. USPS recently lost something I mailed with Registered Mail! So frustrating. I'll be FedEx'ing it next day if possible.

When requesting your Visa for China do you have to provide the exact dates you are traveling and your travel plans including your flights and hotels? I haven't booked Michael's flights because I am waiting for information on the Tokyo pre-trip possibility. How far in advance does the VISA need to be requested? Will ABD provide a list of shots that are required for this trip and a timeframe how far in advance these shots should be taken?

When requesting your Visa for China do you have to provide the exact dates you are traveling and your travel plans including your flights and hotels? I haven't booked Michael's flights because I am waiting for information on the Tokyo pre-trip possibility. How far in advance does the VISA need to be requested? Will ABD provide a list of shots that are required for this trip and a timeframe how far in advance these shots should be taken?

I can't remember about flights, but they do ask for a list of your hotels and itinerary dates. Usually you apply within 3 months of the trip. As far as I'm aware, there's no recommendation for shots.

The website for the New York consulate said that single entry visas are valid for entry for 3 months after the date of issuance, so it recommended to apply 2 months in advance. It said that the turnaround time averages 4 days. If you can't go to the consulate in person, you have to use a visa agent. You can't mail in an application.

http://newyork.china-consulate.org/eng/lsqz/VisasforChina/t42211.htm

Laurie

I hope everyone's having a great, lazy weekend! In the spirit of drinking coffee and wasting time on a Sat morning, I created this GIF I thought I'd share. The imagineering special effects at Mystic Manor are really beyond anything I've seen. Such a cool attraction.

mysticmanorgif.gif

Thanks for the post, it makes me even more excited about the trip! I'm sure that once Chuck sees this he will think that they used me for the inspiration, especially after a long day at work :scared1:

Chris

Me, too, Laurie. Kevin...?

Tokyo can only be booked 6 months in advance Rob and Laura...I mean Rob and Laurie.:p[/QUOTE]

Hi Kevin

With us now being at the 6 month window (didn't that get here fast) have you managed to find out anymore about a Tokyo add on?

Thanks

Ian & Diane

Thanks for letting us know that you are trying to see if a group for Japan is possible..... I know that I speak for several who are looking forward to what you and John come up with:thumbsup2

Chris

It's been so long since we signed up for this trip, and now here we are only 6 months away!!!! (I'm hoping we will be flying out on the 10th). I can't tell if I'm more nervous or excited about this trip, but I know once I'm there, it will be incredible!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter