Dinner before/during MNSSHP

MrsAlexis

Mouseketeer
We are basically first timers going to Disney mid-October (last trip was abut 15 years ago for both me and DH) with our almost 4 year old. We are arriving on a Saturday afternoon, no parks, hitting HDDR for dinner. Sunday is a resort morning/afternoon and arriving before 4 for MNSSHP! Not sure how late we will stay, although hoping to make it all the way till midnight. What are dinner recommendations for party night? Right now I have ADR booked at Tony's Town Square (rethinking this due to reviews I've seen recently!). I know we need a full dinner to last through the night as we don't want to be eating dinner at the resort at midnight. But I also don't want to eat dinner at 3 to get to the park before 4. Suggestions??

We went to MNSSHP last year with my then three and five year old sons. We had a quick dinner right before the party started at Pinocchio Village Haus then offered the kids a snack during the party since it was a late night. I would not recommend eating during the party because although it might be less crowded in the restaurants you are taking away from the special things going on during that time. It seemed like things were spaced out time wise, but I felt like I ran from trick or treating to the stage show then to watch the parade. Just my experience, but I know everyone likes to do things differently. Also keep in mind it took us what felt like forever to actually get into MK. The security although necessary was a very slow process so make sure you plan for that too.

I would do a TS in MK somewhere between 4:30 - 5:30 pm. The park gets pretty crowded from 4 - 7 pm as party guests arrive and start mingling with the day guests. The last time we went to a party, we had TS around 5:30 pm and were out just as the party was starting. If you want to get in line to see some of the more popular characters, this may not be the best strategy (you should probably eat dinner earlier, 4:30 - 5:00 pm). You could also just have a QS meal (we like Columbia Harbour House). We've eaten at Tony's a few times and it was never terrible. However, if you decide to eat there, I would go as soon as you plan on entering MK as it is right at the entrance and if you plan on doing some attractions and THEN eating, it's a bit of a pain to circle back. For a more central location, consider Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern or The Plaza (Plaza is a walk-up in early evening, so there may be a wait there). Personally, I would go into MK at 4 pm, see a few things and then eat around 5/5:30 pm, either TS or QS.

We just do a quick service right before the party starts (like 6:30-7). Usually seems to be PVH. We like to get a few rides in before the party starts, meet any characters related to our costumes, and get a few pictures taken. Wouldn't have much time to do that if we had a table service meal. Definitely wouldn't suggest eating during the party. That party time goes fast and wouldn't want to miss any party related stuff. We are all (adults and kids) snacking on enough trick or treat candy throughout the night that no one is hungry.

We have an ADR at Tony's for 4:15 on our party night. We will be done eating before the party starts and can then enjoy the evening without anyone (well maybe the baby) being hungry.

We are going to our first party as well and from reading other posts we are planning to eat our table service meal at brunch. We arrive the day of the party and are staying at AK, so we are eating at Boma then planning on a quick service meal at maybe Colombia Horbor house or Pecos Bill around 5:00. Then snacks durning the party. My girls have seen some of the special party snacks and they are excited. :-)

I think we may do a QS as well....the party will be our first day in any park and I doubt my DS will want to sit a long time at a restaurant!

I had BOG for 4:30pm, but cancelled it. We will just grab a quick service meal when we feel like it so as not to waste party time!

We've done every combination you can think of that day. For you I would suggest a TS between 4 and 7 so you get a full meal that is more relaxing than a counter service. There is absolutely no reason to be in the park "before 4" and actually if you try to be in before 4 remember it will use up one of your regular tickets. What I personally would do (and have) is book a 4 pm dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona or the Wave. Have a nice relaxing meal and be entering the park closer to 5:30. Being in that crowded park (both day and night guests overlap) between 4 and 6 is more likely to tire your kids out preventing you from a longer night for the party fun.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter