DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Still kills me that the third best ball handler on the team plays PG, is the only one allowed to dribble the ball down the floor and played the whole entire game.
:sad2:
The icing on the cake was when the ref stopped the game to work on fundamentals with the kid at half court. He carries the ball every time he dribbles. I appreciate the ref doing that, but maybe a little more focus on the fundamentals in practice?
I don't know whether to laugh or cry here. Both, I guess.
By the way, the other team pressed in the first quarter. By the end of the quarter it was 22-0. Let somebody else handle the ball... anybody!
Ouch. Some excellent coaching there.

Hey guys. Just checking in while I'm stuck on a Zoom meeting that is dragging on way too long....

I guess you could say that about pretty much all of them, right?

I'd actually probably make quite a bit of money doing that.
"Please stop! You're hurting my ears. Here's money. Just... go away."

I like this idea! Pure gold.

DS had his second basketball game last night. It was slightly better. They rotated more players in than the first game, which isn't saying much. Still kills me that the third best ball handler on the team plays PG, is the only one allowed to dribble the ball down the floor and played the whole entire game. The icing on the cake was when the ref stopped the game to work on fundamentals with the kid at half court. He carries the ball every time he dribbles. I appreciate the ref doing that, but maybe a little more focus on the fundamentals in practice?

By the way, the other team pressed in the first quarter. By the end of the quarter it was 22-0. Let somebody else handle the ball... anybody!

:sad2:

Sounds like the goal of this basketball league is to teach the kids to really love baseball.

Hey, guys. Back to pediatrics today, and listening to all the babies/kids scream and cry while getting their shots. Supposed to get some kind of winter weather today, so we'll see how that goes. A long weekend this weekend and I've secured some photo practice with a young lady I've worked with before, so excited about that. Outside that that's all I've got. Have a good day, guys.

I guess with healthcare, you can't just say no to someone. Still... not a fun situation for anyone, I'm sure.

Exactly, everyone needs access to healthcare, but I don't have to like it when this person shows up. I did, however, perform my job professionally.

I'd actually probably make quite a bit of money doing that.
"Please stop! You're hurting my ears. Here's money. Just... go away."

😆

Um... so... was security really necessary or was it precautionary for a drama free visit?

I wasn't told if this happens in every office they go, but in this office it's required. This person has been convicted of doing bad things to people of the opposite sex, and since that person was going to be in a small room with a female nurse and nurse practitioner it was necessary.

DS had his second basketball game last night. It was slightly better. They rotated more players in than the first game, which isn't saying much. Still kills me that the third best ball handler on the team plays PG, is the only one allowed to dribble the ball down the floor and played the whole entire game. The icing on the cake was when the ref stopped the game to work on fundamentals with the kid at half court. He carries the ball every time he dribbles. I appreciate the ref doing that, but maybe a little more focus on the fundamentals in practice?

I'm not sure how to react. Kind of sad that the ref had to do the coaches job during the game. The coach should have been working the fundamentals during practice. Wow.

Ohhhh...
Okay, the constant flipping of shifts (my normal rotation is one or two evening shifts (3pm-7pm), followed by 2-3 day shifts (7am-3pm) and a midnight shift (11pm-7am) in the span of 5 days. That's what I was referring to. Normally O/T is a day shift. (Although over Xmas, some of my O/T days were midnights.)

This is hard on the body, dude, ok, sleep patterns. How do you manage it?

Hey guys. Just checking in while I'm stuck on a Zoom meeting that is dragging on way too long....

For me too long starts at 20 minutes. And I swear some people love to complicates things in meetings.

Spoke too soon. I'm working an O/T evening shift right now. Go figure.

More money for Disney?

I presume that's anything over 60 seconds?

:laughing:

I presume that's anything over 60 seconds?

:laughing: Yes, that's it exactly.

I wasn't told if this happens in every office they go, but in this office it's required. This person has been convicted of doing bad things to people of the opposite sex, and since that person was going to be in a small room with a female nurse and nurse practitioner it was necessary.

Yeesh. Definitely can't be too careful in that case.

For me too long starts at 20 minutes. And I swear some people love to complicates things in meetings.

I think pkondz had it right at 60 seconds. Meetings: because none of us is as unproductive as all of us.

Morning Gents,

Forecast says we will get a bit of a storm starting later today so it's off to the important stores to stock up. I was left with a list that includes vodka, hard cider, clamato, beer and stuff to make chicken nachos.

Have a good one all.

Ah... that makes perfect sense. I wasn't exactly sure what kind of situation you were in that warranted security.

DS had game 3 of the school basketball season last night. To give some context we are a 1A (small school). These last 2 games were against 3A schools. In Indiana for basketball 4A is the biggest. So that gives some perspective. The first game was total crap and was a winnable game against another 1A school. So what I'm saying is butt kickings the last 2 nights aren't really much of a surprise regardless.

Anyway, last night they played and it was a lot better. You couldn't tell it by the scoreboard, but again, there was more rotation, more players got to play. And most surprisingly, we got to see someone else run the point!! I was actually surprised as we got to see 2 kids that normally play forward do it and one of them did a really good job. Hopefully they can build on the momentum of starting to do some of the small things right as they get back into a part of the schedule where they have some games that they have a chance to compete in and win.

And I know I've been picking on the kid that has been playing PG the whole time until last night, but the kid really is a turd and has an attitude. The thing that finally got him on the bench last night was an intentional foul for shoving a kid in the chest. It was great to see some other kids take advantage of the opportunity and really step up!

listening to all the babies/kids scream and cry while getting their shots.
How does this differ from adults getting their shots?

:rolleyes1
A long weekend this weekend
Why? Scheduling or a holiday?
I've secured some photo practice with a young lady I've worked with before, so excited about that.
Good luck. Have a theme? Or just trying poses?
Post here? Or FB?
:scared:
This is hard on the body, dude, ok, sleep patterns. How do you manage it?
As I get older, it gets harder and harder... and harder.
More money for Disney?
:rolleyes:
Forecast says we will get a bit of a storm starting later today so it's off to the important stores to stock up. I was left with a list that includes vodka, hard cider, clamato, beer and stuff to make chicken nachos.
:lmao:
Anyway, last night they played and it was a lot better. You couldn't tell it by the scoreboard, but again, there was more rotation, more players got to play
That's good.
And most surprisingly, we got to see someone else run the point!!
What??? :faint:
And I know I've been picking on the kid that has been playing PG the whole time until last night, but the kid really is a turd and has an attitude.
Sounds like a real peach.
The thing that finally got him on the bench last night was an intentional foul for shoving a kid in the chest.
Should sit him more often.

Morning boys.
Got woken up by a certain hungry dog...

Now that they're fed, I'm hoping to sleep a bit more... but have my doubts.

Now that they're fed, I'm hoping to sleep a bit more... but have my doubts.
I was right to doubt. After an hour of tossing and turning, I finally gave up when "Bank Security" called.
Pretty ridiculous really, but I've heard they (scammers) like to call early in the morning, hoping to get you when you're groggy and not making the best decisions. Ha! Suckers. I've been up for an hour and a half already.

I was right to doubt. After an hour of tossing and turning, I finally gave up when "Bank Security" called.
Pretty ridiculous really, but I've heard they (scammers) like to call early in the morning, hoping to get you when you're groggy and not making the best decisions. Ha! Suckers. I've been up for an hour and a half already.

So did you give them the information they required to fix your account?

I had one yesterday from IRS debt relief. I waste their time since they waste mine...string them along thinking they've hooked one and then when they start asking for any personal information, I give them bogus stuff until they figure it out or I get tired of it.
I can't tell you how many of these places might have Richard Head with a zip code of 90210 and a phone number of 202 456-1414 in their database. What usually tips them off is when they ask for an email and I give them I_hate_scammers@nowhere.com
(I spell it out [capital I, underscore, h a t e, underscore...] and most times don't get to finish before the line goes dead)

I had one yesterday from IRS debt relief. I waste their time since they waste mine...string them along thinking they've hooked one and then when they start asking for any personal information, I give them bogus stuff until they figure it out or I get tired of it.
I can't tell you how many of these places might have Richard Head with a zip code of 90210 and a phone number of 202 456-1414 in their database. What usually tips them off is when they ask for an email and I give them I_hate_scammers@nowhere.com
(I spell it out [capital I, underscore, h a t e, underscore...] and most times don't get to finish before the line goes dead)
:laughing:

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I hang up right away. Sometimes I'll be something else. The DDs really enjoyed it when I was a senile immigrant who "fought in the war".
I've also done the "Hang on one second, I just have to ______". Then I time it to see how long they stay on the line. I come back every few minutes to reassure them that "I'll be right there. Almost done!" I watch TV or read a book while they wait.

Today Is A Good Day GIFs | Tenor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts