DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

in the process of me cleaning and organizing, I forgot where I put my DD's winter gear.
Meh. It builds character to wear short pants in the snow.
At least you have 2 weeks off to readjust your internal clock for sleeping. If you switched during the week, or even weekly, that would be hard on the body.
Ya don't say.
Sucks when that happens, dude, sorry to hear that.
Coulda been a lot worse. I had a blowout in the middle of North Dakota once. That was entertaining.
Actually... a State Trooper pulled up behind me while I was changing the tire and put his lights on to get traffic out of the right-hand lane, keeping me safe. I really appreciated that.

You can order a battery and tool set from amazon. How to replace on ifixit or on youtube. It's maybe a 20 min fix.

Main thing to remember is keep track of which screws came from where.
The way things like that usually go for me, I’d buy the battery and tool set today and a new phone tomorrow.

I said ice not a$$.
#TWSS

Hey, Fellas! Had a good day yesterday at pediatrics. Today I'm off to a primary office about 20 minutes away, and a busy one, so at least the day will go by quickly. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day.

TTFN

Meh. It builds character to wear short pants in the snow.

Right?! She needs to be toughened up, the DW may disagree, but she needs toughening up. :teeth:

Ya don't say.

That's all I had. :confused3

Coulda been a lot worse. I had a blowout in the middle of North Dakota once. That was entertaining.
Actually... a State Trooper pulled up behind me while I was changing the tire and put his lights on to get traffic out of the right-hand lane, keeping me safe. I really appreciated that.

That's cool of that State Trooper. No one ever did that for me.

The way things like that usually go for me, I’d buy the battery and tool set today and a new phone tomorrow.

:wave: That'd be me.

Morning, fellas.
Just another couple hours to go before my weekend starts... maybe.
Right?! She needs to be toughened up, the DW may disagree, but she needs toughening up. :teeth:
::yes::

:laughing:
That's all I had. :confused3
Just found it amusing how you told Jeff that "If you switched during the week, or even weekly, that would be hard on the body. " when that's exactly what I do.
That's cool of that State Trooper. No one ever did that for me.
Definitely much appreciated.

Morning from a very cold Cape Cod. It was supposed to get down to 9 degrees last night, maybe a little lower, I didn't get up to check, but it was cold enough for me to be concerned about freezing pipes, so I turned on the the kitchen faucet and let it drip all night. Now it's 16 degrees out and climbing. Woohoo! Had a good day yesterday, not too busy or crazy. Today I'll be at neurosurgery, which is a busy office so it'll help the day fly by. Not much of an update, but that's all I've got. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Morning, fellas.
Just another couple hours to go before my weekend starts... maybe.

May you have a weekend, and may it be restful.

They wound up not having outdoor recess, so no toughening up. Next time.

Just found it amusing how you told Jeff that "If you switched during the week, or even weekly, that would be hard on the body. " when that's exactly what I do.

Sorry, wasn't thinking about when it came to you. It is hard on the body to switch like that during the week, and am impressed you do it.

Definitely much appreciated.

:thumbsup2

It's cold here.

I don't want to go out.

Hope you all have a warm day.

Stay warm.

Morning all from a sunny but slightly chilly London. Working my way through emails and jetlag.

Hope all is well in the disdad universe, and it was fantastic to meet some of you on here over the last week.

Back to the grindstone, now in the back half of the week over here.

Welcome back!

it was cold enough for me to be concerned about freezing pipes, so I turned on the the kitchen faucet and let it drip all night.
That's one thing I never have to worry about, at least.
May you have a weekend, and may it be restful.
So far, not too bad. I didn't get called in to work, but I have lots of catching up to do around the house.
They wound up not having outdoor recess, so no toughening up.
What's the cutoff there? I think here they don't let the kids out if it's below -22F (I think with or without the wind chill.)
Sorry, wasn't thinking about when it came to you. It is hard on the body to switch like that during the week, and am impressed you do it.
Oh, no offense taken. Just what it is.
And you're crazy enough to keep letting them do it.
Not much choice. Well, I guess I could quit... but that makes income a bit problematic.

Hey, guys! Had a great day yesterday. Did have a first. Had to call security and have them around for when a patient showed up. Was told this patient was bad news, and there always has to be security around when this person shows up. Otherwise all is going well. Heading to a primary care close to the house today, so a plus there.

That's one thing I never have to worry about, at least.

It only gets that cold here a few times a winter, if that many, so I don't worry too much.

So far, not too bad. I didn't get called in to work, but I have lots of catching up to do around the house.

Not getting called back into work is always a good thing. I did a lot of cleaning this weekend as well, and have been sneezing since.

What's the cutoff there? I think here they don't let the kids out if it's below -22F (I think with or without the wind chill.)

I don't know what the cutoff is, but apparently temps in the teens was a bit much for them.

Oh, no offense taken. Just what it is.

Glad no offense, didn't mean any.

Not much choice. Well, I guess I could quit... but that makes income a bit problematic.

You could always stand on a corner playing a guitar with the case open. :teeth:

Had to call security and have them around for when a patient showed up. Was told this patient was bad news, and there always has to be security around when this person shows up.
I guess with healthcare, you can't just say no to someone. Still... not a fun situation for anyone, I'm sure.
I did a lot of cleaning this weekend as well, and have been sneezing since.
Ditto!
You could always stand on a corner playing a guitar with the case open. :teeth:
I'd actually probably make quite a bit of money doing that.
"Please stop! You're hurting my ears. Here's money. Just... go away."

I thought much of what you did was picking up extra shifts or covering for overtime pay. I thought you COULD say no.
Apologies.

Did have a first. Had to call security and have them around for when a patient showed up. Was told this patient was bad news, and there always has to be security around when this person shows up. Otherwise all is going well. Heading to a primary care close to the house today, so a plus there.
Um... so... was security really necessary or was it precautionary for a drama free visit?
I'd actually probably make quite a bit of money doing that.
"Please stop! You're hurting my ears. Here's money. Just... go away."
You'd make bank.

DS had his second basketball game last night. It was slightly better. They rotated more players in than the first game, which isn't saying much. Still kills me that the third best ball handler on the team plays PG, is the only one allowed to dribble the ball down the floor and played the whole entire game. The icing on the cake was when the ref stopped the game to work on fundamentals with the kid at half court. He carries the ball every time he dribbles. I appreciate the ref doing that, but maybe a little more focus on the fundamentals in practice?

By the way, the other team pressed in the first quarter. By the end of the quarter it was 22-0. Let somebody else handle the ball... anybody!

I thought much of what you did was picking up extra shifts or covering for overtime pay. I thought you COULD say no.
Apologies.
Ohhhh...
Okay, the constant flipping of shifts (my normal rotation is one or two evening shifts (3pm-7pm), followed by 2-3 day shifts (7am-3pm) and a midnight shift (11pm-7am) in the span of 5 days. That's what I was referring to. Normally O/T is a day shift. (Although over Xmas, some of my O/T days were midnights.)

While I can say no, it's also saying no to income which is tough. Also, a lot of times I don't want to say no as it would prevent someone from getting a vacation day or days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter