DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I'll buy 100 dole whips for anyone who could point me to a doctor that's worth a flying BLEEP and gives a BLEEP about their patients. At this point, I'm thinking even if it's in another state, it's worth it.(Okay, rant over).

Good ones and bad ones all over. My surgeon at the cancer center is fantastic. The GP that I had been seeing would have had me dead by now. He was affiliated with the big university and told me I was just getting old and out of shape but when it didn't improve I visited a Nurse Practitioner here in the heart of Appalachia and she is the one that got me on the the cardiologist I need to be seeing. Overall I prefer Nurse Practitioners, they aren't as sure of themselves so they take the time to check things out.

It should be, but it seems the majority of doctors think of themselves as royalty and we're the mere peasants that must be dealt with.
As Linus pointed out in a Peanuts cartoon many years ago, many think of themselves as MDeities.

Morning guys. I found out that I have maxed out my vacation accrual so I have to take 2 days off or I wont get this months accrual. So today is my Friday at my main job Whoo Hoo doin a happy dance.:yay::yay:
Nothing planned just not gonna be here.
You can send some of that vacation time over here. I never seem to have enough. ;)

And good rates. Might have to get a rain check though.

Might have to get a flood check too.

'Morning all...
Observation of the day:
The words "love" and "drug" are almost universally interchangeable in nearly all song lyrics and most attempts at poetry.

Y'all have fun with that as various songs pop into your head the rest of the day.

Ummmm....we are just gonna pretend that didn't happen, alright?
It's been a successful strategy so far...
(and for many different subjects)

Hope everyone has their french toast supplies. We have a conference call for the storm this afternoon but I think right now we're just expecting to get rain from the remnants. Sounds like the worst part will be if it stalls over NC and dumps all of that rain in one spot.
We're fairly well stocked up on all the necessaries.

Seems that the track for the thing is now trending more westerly to hit Wilmington and then meander into into SC bound toward Columbia. That still keeps the northwest side of the storm doing its worst in the NC Lowlands, but it raises our chances for potential flooding. It should stall once in comes inland though, so at least the winds will have time to slow down before it gets in toward where I am. Wont stop it from dropping an ungodly amount of water on us though.

If I may be so bold as to post a link, there's story from my part of the world that some of you may have heard about, others maybe not.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ror-attacks-kindess-come-from-away/631329001/
Folks do tend to come together in the midst of tragedy.

Just wish it didn't wear off quite so quickly afterward.

That is my biggest downfall...sitting in front of the TV in the night, getting the munchies. I know it's bad. I try to talk myself out of it, but doesn't usually work.
Yup...
That's one of the worst times of day.
I find that I need to walk away from the tele and find something to keep me busy.

It should be, but it seems the majority of doctors think of themselves as royalty and we're the mere peasants that must be dealt with.
And they're not the only group that views the world in that manner.

are my keys still good here
doubtful...

But then again, we haven't bothered to lock the door in years, so...

We repainted.
And we were using Nerf Supersoakers loaded with random colors of paint to do it
(free beer was provided, of course)

It was quite the party, you should'a been there.

Morning folks. 15 more minutes and I get to head home and sleep.

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep......
Sleep well and dream of large women.
But I do not envy you the headache you will have when you wake.

I have an ad on this page to stay at coastal Hilton Head Island. Probably not the best time for that ad. :scared1:
Hummmm...
The addvert that The Dis chooses to toss up on my screen now is for those "Seeking Russian Women".
Don't thing I'll be clicking on that one either.

I still don't like the colour in the back room.
Must be time for another paint gun party.

So today is my Friday at my main job Whoo Hoo doin a happy dance.:yay::yay:
We'll if they're gonn'a force you to not work...
It's only fair that you oblige them.

'Morning all...
Observation of the day:
The words "love" and "drug" are almost universally interchangeable in nearly all song lyrics and most attempts at poetry.
Considering love can be addicting or drugs can be addicting, makes perfect sense.
Well, no, not really, but sounded good.

No you're saying you are making french toast?

Seems that the track for the thing is now trending more westerly to hit Wilmington and then meander into into SC bound toward Columbia. That still keeps the northwest side of the storm doing its worst in the NC Lowlands, but it raises our chances for potential flooding. It should stall once in comes inland though, so at least the winds will have time to slow down before it gets in toward where I am. Wont stop it from dropping an ungodly amount of water on us though.
Offer is still open if you need it.

But I do not envy you the headache you will have when you wake.
So many good lines from that movie. My favorite.

Hummmm...
The addvert that The Dis chooses to toss up on my screen now is for those "Seeking Russian Women".
Don't thing I'll be clicking on that one either.
I use an ad blocker, but it seems the DIS has gotten more intrusive lately because I'm now getting new tabs opened that aren't ANYTHING I've clicked on (some definitely not family friendly). Combating it in a couple different ways, but still annoying.

We'll if they're gonn'a force you to not work...
It's only fair that you oblige them.
I know that's right!

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 more days til a littel r&r at DaWorld so just trying to wrap up things at work. Have a good one guys.
Morning guys. I found out that I have maxed out my vacation accrual so I have to take 2 days off or I wont get this months accrual. So today is my Friday at my main job Whoo Hoo doin a happy dance.:yay::yay:
Enjoy the staycation, extra long weekends of just chillin are some of the best time off.

Saw that this thing may have greater impact on you than originally thought. Been a bit nervous too for DD being just outside of DC with this thing. Hoping all stay safe.

I would weigh in on all of this with my option of moving over here, and getting all of the treatment for free. But I won't. That would be unseemly.

Your tax rate is higher though for your free medical care. I think the cost is overall so ridiculous, but I was referring to quality here.

Enjoy the time off.

Are you sniffing the paint?

That would be an over-simplification of Dan's condition. :lmao:

Hummmm...
Don't thing I'll be clicking on that one either.​

That one is Randall's fault. He brought those ads over. :sad2:

Almost forgot.

Doing the single digit dance.

9 days until we leave
11 days until we check in.

Have a great trip.

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 more days til a littel r&r at DaWorld so just trying to wrap up things at work. Have a good one guys.

Enjoy the staycation, extra long weekends of just chillin are some of the best time off.

Saw that this thing may have greater impact on you than originally thought. Been a bit nervous too for DD being just outside of DC with this thing. Hoping all stay safe.

I forgot about your dd being over there. I thought she was out in California for some reason. Yes, I'll add her to prayers as well.

I forgot about your dd being over there. I thought she was out in California for some reason. Yes, I'll add her to prayers as well.
Thanks Norm and she was in CA for about 4 months right after getting married before his transfer / assignment to DC took place - didn;t want ya to think you were loosing it. Getting close to a year now for them in DC, man time flies. But on that note, DW was a bit misty eyed last night looking into the 2 empty bedrooms. Empty as in nobody home as DS still lives in his room part time and the girls still has all the furniture and a bunch of "stuff" she ain't moved out yet.........
Not if you have a good accountant
:thumbsup2
Well that's good but I'm still trying to figure out how you were watching YouTube on Disney. ;)
I caught that one too :rotfl:

Sleep well and dream of large women.
laughing-hysterically-gif-gif.350451
I'm pretty sure thats a bloke Darcy. But (s)he does have a lovely pair of bristols.
Well Dan has been here every day since he joined and he still cant do it.
:PWell that was a devilish thing to say
(I may be ignorant yet of how to post pictures, but I notice the details like post counts, and this gag won't work as soon as you reply)
I found out that I have maxed out my vacation accrual so I have to take 2 days off or I wont get this months accrual.
Eh? How does that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter