DDC Fantasy Baseball

What time is the draft?

9:30EDT.

I may have to cancel it if we don't have more teams. Right now we only have 9. I have sent out many more invitations, but have gotten lukewarm response. I can't see doing a league without at least 12 owners.

Chris

sorry i am late.

i accepted my invite! I'm in!

I'll have a hard time drafting live if it's in the evening because I'll most likely be at work. Mine will then be on autopilot.

looking forward to a fun season!!

We now have 11 teams. Still need one more. If interested, please send me PM with your E-Mail address so I can invite you.

Chris

Ok, the divisions are set:

Mickey
- Mickey's Steamboats
- Yak n'n Yankees
- Splash Mountaineers
- The Hittin' Mickeys

Goofy
- BLT Goats
- Gray Sox
- Goofy Hustle
- JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

Donald
- Baloo's Cubs
- Maelstrom Kingpins
- Epic Phillie
- PhineastoEzratoGus

Once again, the nemeses have been paired up in the Mickey Division - the Splash Mountaineers and the Hittin' Mickeys. This long rivalry will now continue for another season. Can the Splash Mountaineers - our returning champs - re-capture the magic again this year? The Yak 'n Yankees barely missed the playoffs last year, but were a very strong team in a Nepalese sherpa kind of way. Mickey's Steamboats better bring some color and a big whistle to compete here.

The Goofy division welcomes a couple of new teams to compete with our stalwart veterans, Goofy Hustle and JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ - our 4th place winner from last year. There has been some early confusion as to whether the BLT Goats are from Bay Lake Tower or if they have found a secret recipe on how to make bacon from goat. Clarification will be demanded or goat-bacon must be produced. Hopefully, the Gray Sox will learn How to Play Baseball very quickly because they won't be facing the Blue Sox this year.

Finally, the Donald division has last year's 3rd place winner, PhineastoEzratoGus, along with Baloo's Cubs and Epic Phillie, two veterans from last year's battles. They are joined by the Maelstrom Kingpins who hope to use their knowledge of Norwegian spruce to effectively build a roster.

Updates once the draft is finished.

Ok, the divisions are set:

Mickey
- Mickey's Steamboats
- Yak n'n Yankees
- Splash Mountaineers
- The Hittin' Mickeys

Goofy
- BLT Goats
- Gray Sox
- Goofy Hustle
- JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

Donald
- Baloo's Cubs
- Maelstrom Kingpins
- Epic Phillie
- PhineastoEzratoGus

There has been some early confusion as to whether the BLT Goats are from Bay Lake Tower or if they have found a secret recipe on how to make bacon from goat. Clarification will be demanded or goat-bacon must be produced.

Goat bacon? No. I have emu summer sausage. These goats are from Bay Lake Tower and 1/3 are on vacation, 1/3 on DL, and the rest have never played fantasy baseball. But, we're gonna have some fun. It's like déjà vu all over again.

The full start to the season is almost upon us. Please check your lineups, make any free agent moves you want and have some fun!!

Chris

Let's go REDS!!!!

Added some depth on the mound, got Joey locked up, now if they can just find the money to keep BP around for a while...

Can't wait to be sitting behind the 1B dugout next Monday night when the Cards are in town. Last time I had seats in that section for a weeknight game against the Cards a fight broke out. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Let's go REDS!!!!

Added some depth on the mound, got Joey locked up, now if they can just find the money to keep BP around for a while...

Can't wait to be sitting behind the 1B dugout next Monday night when the Cards are in town. Last time I had seats in that section for a weeknight game against the Cards a fight broke out. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I haven't been to the new stadium. The last time I saw the Reds was in Riverfront and they had Chris Sabo, Barry Larkin, Hal Morris, Rob Dibble and Paul O'Neil :thumbsup2

After Week 5, the standings in the DIS Dads Fantasy Baseball League are as follows:

Mickey W-L-T Pct. GB
The Hittin' Mickeys 25-22-3 .530 -
Splash Mountaineers 25-24-1 .510 1
Mickey's Steamboats 22-24-4 .480 2.5
Yak n'n Yankees 16-32-2 .340 9.5

Goofy W-L-T Pct. GB
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ 28-21-1 .570 -
Gray Sox 22-23-5 .490 4
BLT Goats 20-25-5 .450 6
Goofy Hustle 21-28-1 .430 7

Donald W-L-T Pct. GB
PhineastoEzratoGus 29-17-4 .620 -
Epic Phillie 30-20-0 .600 1
Baloo's Cubs 25-22-3 .530 4.5
Maelstrom Kingpins 21-26-3 .450 8.5

The top three teams in the Mickey division appear to be striving to reach some consistent level of mediocrity. The Hittin' Mickeys are becoming easier to spot having taken over first place the past few weeks. Their old nemesis, the Splash Mountaineers, have made a steep climb in recent weeks and soon hope to reach their laughing place without getting all wet. They are joined by Mickey's Steamboats and their solid, but monotone, team. THe last place team, the Yak 'n Yankees, were lost in the mountains of Nepal for the first few weeks, but their sherpa giude has thankfully returned them safely to the Fantasy website.

The Goofy Division features three tems with below .500 records. Jungle(Nelson) Cruz has sucessfully fended off a tribe of head hunters and corny jokes from tour guides to take control of first place. The Gray Sox and their all-Goofy roster are only just below .500 and are hoping for a little "How to" success from their friends on the Blue Sox. The BLT Goats are nipping on their heels (as goats are known to do) but still have not produced any goat-flavored bacon. Goofy Hustle is right in the middle of the dance there as well and you should not bet against them making a charge.

The Donald division appears to contain the powerhouse teams this year with 3 teams above .500. PhineastoEzratoGus is making full use of their "First-place-inator" so far. Epic Phillie is within just a single brush-stroke of first place and is also the only team in the league without a tie - whatever that means. Baloo's cubs are also going strong and, hopefully, will not resort to their lazy ways. The Maelstrom Kingpins have some rough seas ahead if they want to compete in this division.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter