• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crying baby in nearby room at Disneyland Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a champion pumper, but I donated most of my milk as 2 of my 3 babies never took a bottle. Never. Both did feeding therapy and still didn’t. You do you, but suggesting that others are rude for taking their mostly well-behaved babies to a hotel is over the top, in my opinion. I find adults to be much more disruptive in hotels and the parks than babies, but it would never occur to me to tell those adults to stay home. Because THAT would be rude.

Wow, just chill for a second. We have different views, and that is okay. I am for breastfeeding, bottle feeding, whatever works for that family. I used both cloth and disposable diapers, and what ever anyone decides that is best for them, great. If they decide to leave the diaper on the changing table, nope, I WILL speak up about it to them. I am not rude, nor did I say anyone else was. There are ways people can choose to make their trip (and people they are around) either more or less enjoyable. You mentioned "adults to be much more disruptive in hotels and the parks than babies, but it would never occur to me to tell those adults to stay home". Why wouldn't you talk to the adults about their behavior? There is a chance they didn't realize they were too loud, etc. Talking to the adults isn't rude. Like I have said before, I love babies, kids, families, people, Disneyland. I tend to make sure when we go anywhere, we have fun and not bother others.

I think if any parent were judged on our ability to get our crying baby to settle down, we would all fail miserably at some point.
How about fighting teenagers?
Or adults for that matter?
I’m sure we’ve all been on the giving & receiving end of these things at some point...no matter how quiet you think you are.

I think if you can’t handle the occasional noise that is normal in a hotel, don’t go to one. The world does not revolve around you and your comfort. Hotels are made for people to pay to stay. This includes the young to the old. Normal life noises are NOT a problem, a nuisance, possibly, but not a problem. Disrespectful behaviour is a problem. If you can’t handle families in a hotel you shouldn’t be going to them, not the other way around!!

Lately, I've taken to keeping my earbuds next to me both at home and while travelling. I tend to wake up at random times, and I really need some noise to fall asleep to. For me it's podcasts where I'm not super invested in the details...just soft conversation in my ear.

We stayed at Hyatt Place for three nights a couple of weeks ago. Really beautiful & clean, I was more impressed with HP than I was with the Hilton at the convention center. Anyhow, during our second morning, my husband's plans on staying in the room to do some work were dashed. There was a shared door in our room, and these women were just the loudest talkers ever! Holy cow, it was bad...total motormouths :sad2:

In December, it was almost comical, we had the neighbors from hell. This was at the Hilton. We are coming back to our room and as we enter, two women walk out of the room next door looking like....they were open for business :duck:What was confusing was that a little later that night there was a child hysterically crying from that same room. It woke us up, and the noise from that room was so bizarre. Constant coming & going, a screaming child, possible adult entertainers...? The next night, I wake up to my husband talking to these same neighbors at some ungodly hour. This time there was a man in the mix, and I hear my husband tell the guy that if he put his hands on the woman again, he'd call the cops. They literally told my husband that it was ok because they were Irish! o_O I guess they woke up my husband because they were drunkenly trying to get into our room. They were arguing, and my husband saw the guy shove the woman to the floor when he looked through the peep hole in the door. I called security on them, but have no idea what, if anything, happened. I know they were still there the next night, but they were finally gone by our last night. I had asked to change rooms, but I think the receptionist lied to me when she told me they were checking out after our second hellish night. Whatever :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This thread should be a good reminder that we don’t know everyone’s backstory and reserving judgment is where we need to begin. I’m sure we would be considered a “nightmare family” for some. We have four children and we don’t have family or friends that would have watched them. I wouldn’t have wanted to keep them behind anyway. Not including ALL of our children is not a family vacation to me. Plus, had we waited until they were all of the age where they were minimal maintenance, we wouldn’t be going on a vacation until our oldest was almost out of school. That’s not going to happen. Plus, our youngest is special needs and still doesn’t sleep through the night, so who knows when that will happen, but I know others don’t think we should even go to Disney or on vacation in general with his needs, which baffles me, but oh well, their opinion. I can’t let others dictate our lives. We try our best (as I am sure the majority of people do) to keep noise to a bare minimum, and I go above and beyond out of my way to make sure that we are polite, kind, and courteous towards others, but the fact that there is this much arguing and judgement on this thread, and the fact it was even created at all, does hurt my heart that there is this much judgment towards families trying to do their best and also enjoy their lives. We don’t know their story, we don’t know why they chose to vacation during this time, and honestly, it’s none of our business. I would love the thought of a village coming together to help others out, but if you aren’t willing to do that, you do you and let others live their own lives.

...and I hear my husband tell the guy that if he put his hands on the woman again, he'd call the cops. They literally told my husband that it was ok because they were Irish! o_O...
Okay, I've seen the t-shirts "Kiss me, I'm Irish," but "Shove me to the floor, I'm Irish"??? Guess that trend never took off for some mysterious reason...

This thread should be a good reminder that we don’t know everyone’s backstory and reserving judgment is where we need to begin...
Absolutely true for everyone in this thread, including the OP. Many in this thread have jumped to conclusions about and to judgement on her and on each other and it's time for this to stop. I doubt the OP's intention was to start an ongoing argument about parenting styles. I think some much needed compassion and sympathy (and some posters have shown this) would have gone a long way to soothe some very weary bones and frazzled nerves. Let's hope that everyone at the DLH hotel tonight gets a good night's sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter