Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's at this hour. Still best strategy is rope drop, do popular, outdoor rides first thing, you'l have very little wait.

And most of the crowd’s are still leaving mid-day? I planned my reservations around the resorts I’m staying at. Poly villas, I’m going to MK and EPCOT/DHS while I’m at BCV so we’re still able to take an hour or two break for the pool and not have to worry about not getting things done with the current wait times as is. Only tough one to take a break is Animal Kingdom, and thats the hardest to plow through an entire day during the summer

And most of the crowd’s are still leaving mid-day? I planned my reservations around the resorts I’m staying at. Poly villas, I’m going to MK and EPCOT/DHS while I’m at BCV so we’re still able to take an hour or two break for the pool and not have to worry about not getting things done with the current wait times as is. Only tough one to take a break is Animal Kingdom, and thats the hardest to plow through an entire day during the summer

I'd say so, especially with this heat

Am I allowed to complain about crowds yet?

I thought last weekend was supposed to be a one-off because it was locals' last hurrah before school started. Sounds like this weekend is more of the same.

I'm becoming very, very concerned about our September trip.

People won't go if they aren't comfortable. Others will go if they are comfortable.

And there shall be peace in all the lands...
Exactly what Farro said. And if you’re looking at the weekend crowds and not feeling comfortable, then don’t go on a weekend right now. Disney won’t ever release the capacity numbers, and the constant arguing about what level they’re at is pointless. We don’t need to complain or hear complaints about the crowd levels as it’s an individual decision on what levels they are at and the comfortability with that level.

I look at the crowd levels and still see it less than it’s ever been pre-COVID, but saying that, I’d be a bit leery going on a weekend right now, or especially on a holiday weekend like Labor Day. Others may look at today’s crowds and still get super psyched about it looking pretty empty.

Last edited:
People won't go if they aren't comfortable. Others will go if they are comfortable.

But, the point is...if in fact there is no cap right now....someone may be comfortable based on the pictures they are seeing. Someone may be comfortable based on certain percentages that were thrown out in the beginning. But, if there really is NO limit....someone who is comfortable about something reasonable may not be so comfortable with no holds barred.

The crowds are getting higher, and people are still going, hence the crowds getting higher. I dont think the higher crowds are scaring anyone that was comfortable to begin with. People that weren’t/aren’t comfortable were never going to the parks to begin with.

But, the point is...if in fact there is no cap right now....someone may be comfortable based on the pictures they are seeing. Someone may be comfortable based on certain percentages that were thrown out in the beginning. But, if there really is NO limit....someone who is comfortable about something reasonable may not be so comfortable with no holds barred.

Disney said they have capacity restrictions.

I believe them. :confused3

They basically have to. While theres not a set number set by the gov't like Shanghai, they still had to tell them a certain number or percentage for the OC mayor and DeSantis to sign off on their reopening

Now I do not know if they have to go to them to up their capacity or not, but really don't think they have.

I think the attendance numbers were just that low to start

Yes but that could be a technicality. They have a capacity on AP Holders and Resort guests but maybe there is no technical number for day guests. Maybe they just cut it off once they notice things seeming a little congested, but there is no official number.

So, they can say they have capacity restrictions because they do. Trust me....I am seen all sorts of loopholes exploited during this pandemic.

Yes but that could be a technicality. They have a capacity on AP Holders and Resort guests but maybe there is no technical number for day guests.

So, they can say they have capacity restrictions because they do. Trust me....I am seen all sorts of loopholes exploited during this pandemic.
The parks are not filling up with day guests on a daily basis. There’s not lines of thousands of people waiting to buy 1 day tickets at the guest services window. If you’re that concerned with the numbers, or lack of a defined number, then now isn’t the time for you to be going.

Yes but that could be a technicality. They have a capacity on AP Holders and Resort guests but maybe there is no technical number for day guests.

Then dont go if you dont trust them.

Your idea of making it so expensive so it would limit attendance only to the haves vs the have nots isn't going to happen.

The parks are not filling up with day guests on a daily basis. There’s not lines of thousands of people waiting to buy 1 day tickets at the guest services window. If you’re that concerned with the numbers, or lack of a defined number, then now isn’t the time for you to be going.

Well the funny thing is....it's not the numbers this time. It's the pictures I've been seeing. Last week I was told to not pay attention to numbers but to more look at photos and make my own decision.

Well, the pictures have gotten worse.

They basically have to. While theres not a set number set by the gov't like Shanghai, they still had to tell them a certain number or percentage for the OC mayor and DeSantis to sign off on their reopening

Now I do not know if they have to go to them to up their capacity or not, but really don't think they have.

I think the attendance numbers were just that low to start

Yup. Just like with everything else, they need approval to increase capacity. Florida isnt ready for an increase. When they are, and if the out-of-town/AP ratio stays 50/50, they’ll raise the capacity if/when they feel they’re ready to

Then dont go if you dont trust them.

Your idea of making it so expensive so it would limit attendance only to the haves vs the have nots isn't going to happen.

Will it not? Before this whole pandemic started, I distinctly remember it being discussed that the only way for them to control attendance, because the attendance was getting out of control, was to raise prices.

Wouldn't this follow the same logic?

Like someone else said supply and demand in this situation is so tricky....if they allow it to be too crowded, people are going to stop coming which solves the demand problem, but also is a money problem. If the crowds are low, it causes a fiscal issue, but it also drives up demand, and then...it's a cycle.

Well, it's hard to know what it will be like when we get there is the problem. I'm comfortable with what I'm seeing for weekday crowds but not so much for weekends. I guess we'll just leave a park if it seems too crowded and maybe ask if we can switch our park reservation to a less crowded park.

I'll also say that it annoys me to see ppl on here (not you) laughing at other's concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter