Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's hard to know what it will be like when we get there is the problem. I'm comfortable with what I'm seeing for weekday crowds but not so much for weekends.

I'll also say that it annoys me to see ppl on here (not you) laughing at other's concerns.

I'm not laughing. But people are looking for reassurance that is impossible to give.

Will it not? Before this whole pandemic started, I distinctly remember it being discussed that the only way for them to control attendance, because the attendance was getting out of control, was to raise prices.

Wouldn't this follow the same logic?

Like someone else said supply and demand in this situation is so tricky....if they allow it to be too crowded, people are going to stop coming which solves the demand problem, but also is a money problem. If the crowds are low, it causes a fiscal issue, but it also drives up demand, and then...it's a cycle.

And that didnt work. They raised ticket prices, and people still went.

The low crowds might have drawn some people in. But most are people that love Disney and want to be at Disney and chose to go regardless of the crowds.

There’s also a lot of people that said it didnt feel like “Disney” when there were low crowds in July.

Well, it's hard to know what it will be like when we get there is the problem. I'm comfortable with what I'm seeing for weekday crowds but not so much for weekends. I guess we'll just leave a park if it seems too crowded and maybe ask if we can switch our park reservation to a less crowded park.

I'll also say that it annoys me to see ppl on here (not you) laughing at other's concerns.

Exactly.

And, because it seems to change on a week by week basis.....someone who was there last week may have been gobsmacked, because they were going based on their comfort from a week before, and so on and so forth.

It's almost like you have to be comfortable with the last picture you saw....times two. Just imagine the last picture and double it, because that COULD be what you are going to be running into.

Ah, okay - there are ppl on here that continue to react with a laughing emoji whenever someone expresses concerns about crowds and it's just really getting on my nerves. It's passive aggressive and rude in my opinion.
Unfortunately the laughing emoji is probably the worst of the choices Disboards has under the like option. It’s almost never used by someone genuinely laughing with the poster at a joke, and only used by people laughing at a poster’s opinion.

Will it not? Before this whole pandemic started, I distinctly remember it being discussed that the only way for them to control attendance, because the attendance was getting out of control, was to raise prices.

Wouldn't this follow the same logic?

Like someone else said supply and demand in this situation is so tricky....if they allow it to be too crowded, people are going to stop coming which solves the demand problem, but also is a money problem. If the crowds are low, it causes a fiscal issue, but it also drives up demand, and then...it's a cycle.

Talk about bad optics...

Hi everyone. Due to Covid risks and people being uncomfortable with crowd levels, we have decided to raise prices enough so that most of you will not be able to afford it anymore. But its okay because those who can will get to experience an exclusivity that you never will. Have a magical day!
;)

Last edited:
Exactly.

And, because it seems to change on a week by week basis.....someone who was there last week may have been gobsmacked, because they were going based on their comfort from a week before, and so on and so forth.

It's almost like you have to be comfortable with the last picture you saw....times two. Just imagine the last picture and double it, because that COULD be what you are going to be running into.

Yep, I agree - I think we'll just have to have backup plans in mind in case crowd levels are beyond what we are comfortable with when we arrive.

Unfortunately the laughing emoji is probably the worst of the choices Disboards has under the like option. It’s almost never used by someone genuinely laughing with the poster at a joke, and only used by people laughing at a poster’s opinion.

What's interesting is this is coming from at least one person who I thought I had "ignored".

Incorrect.

Its the passive aggressive emoji. Used as “I dont like what you have to say, but I cant argue it, so I’m just going to “laugh” and hope thats enough”. Its also used by people on your ignore lists so they can let you know they’re still around

Does it matter though? Like others have said the parks are no where near regular capacity, sure the weekends are busier but not undoable.

I would say it matters for people deciding to make a trip or not ...

When they are charging full price but have reduced hours, no meet and greets, no parade, no fireworks, reduced food offerings, etc, one of the big motivators to go was that everything was a near walk on

Is it enough to lose all those things but no waits are 30 mins instead of 60?

And maybe we aren't there yet or it is just at select times , etc but for people on the fence I could see it being a factor

Talk about bad optics...

Hi everyone. Due to Covid risks and people being uncomfortable with crowd levels, we have decided to raise prices enough so that most of you will not be able to afford it anymore. But its okay because those who can will get to experience an exclusivity that you never will. Have a magical day!
;)

I've been out of the loop for the last few days, which probably equates to a hundred pages now... please tell me they didn't just raise prices?

I would say it matters for people deciding to make a trip or not ...

When they are charging full price but have reduced hours, no meet and greets, no parade, no fireworks, reduced food offerings, etc, one of the big motivators to go was that everything was a near walk on

Is it enough to lose all those things but no waits are 30 mins instead of 60?

And maybe we aren't there yet or it is just at select times , etc but for people on the fence I could see it being a factor

In a perfect world, shouldn't the increased crowds - if they remain at a steady increase - lead to increasing hrs again?
Isn't that the way it should work?

In a perfect world? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter