Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I have been in Disney since July 11th. We are finding the trip to be relaxing and are enjoying having plenty of free space. We have sent pics to our friend who goes during a less crowded time and he said it isn't even that empty when he goes. We have mostly walked on all rides at all the parks. The kids have loved getting off a ride and going right back on. HS was more "crowded" but still really not crowded. My husband commented we're going to be disappointed the next time we come when crowd levels are back to normal. (We don't go every year.) For us we have mostly seen compliance.

Some peoples minds are already made up. Things could be going absolutely perfectly at Disney, but if you dont want Disney open, you’re going to find any possible way to poke a hole in that

If in 2 weeks we hear there hasn’t been a single case traced to a WDW trip, it’ll be “Yeah, none that have been reported”.

Some people have legitimate valid concerns, then there are people that want chaos.

Why do you think Disney would announce that? I guarantee you there have been cases at every park thus far, but it would be business suicide if they actually let that information out.

Honestly when my friend and I were at Epcot in January it was our least favorite park. Maybe it was the construction , or lack of rides, but we really didn’t care for it. We were bored by 2pm. So I’m not too shocked people are saying it’s missing something. Whenever we go back, I would only do a half day there. We did enjoy World Showcase and FEA though.

Honestly when my friend and I were at Epcot in January it was our least favorite park. Maybe it was the construction , or lack of rides, but we really didn’t care for it. We were bored by 2pm. So I’m not too shocked people are saying it’s missing something. Whenever we go back, I would only do a half day there. We did enjoy World Showcase and FEA though.
Fun Fact: Not including shows, there are 9 rides at Epcot and 9 rides at DHS. 😉

What bothers me is what sounds like silence at Epcot! The person who posted music is too low (turn it up!) and missing the buzz of people talking...hopefully it cheers up soon.

Music in Future World was very low in February, especially around the construction zone. Could barely hear it (and couldn’t hear it at all in some spots!!) It was a bummer for me because I love the FW music loop. My sister and I were both whining about it to each other 🤣

I’m sure it’s an even weirder vibe with more walls now and all the covid-related changes at Epcot, but I noticed the FW music thing too in early February.

Some peoples minds are already made up. Things could be going absolutely perfectly at Disney, but if you dont want Disney open, you’re going to find any possible way to poke a hole in that

If in 2 weeks we hear there hasn’t been a single case traced to a WDW trip, it’ll be “Yeah, none that have been reported”.

Some people have legitimate valid concerns, then there are people that want chaos.
Some people's minds are already made up. Things could be going poorly at Disney, but if you want Disney open, you're going to find any possible way to excuse that.

If in 2 weeks we hear that there has be one case traced to a WDW trip, it'll be "Yeah, but it's only one, and you can't prove it."

Some people have legitimate arguments for Disney being open, then there are people high on Pixie dust.

Some people's minds are already made up. Things could be going poorly at Disney, but if you want Disney open, you're going to find any possible way to excuse that.

If in 2 weeks we hear that there has be one case traced to a WDW trip, it'll be "Yeah, but it's only one, and you can't prove it."

Some people have legitimate arguments for Disney being open, then there are people high on Pixie dust.

Exactly. It totally goes both ways on this.

I think it is the lack of live entertainment in WS. We have no problem grabbing a drink or small bite to eat and just watching one of the musical acts at night. With those missing right now, it doesn't feel the same.

I understand there are still two acts at the theater but it doesn't feel the same as seeing a different group in each country.
They really need to pump the sound from the live acts they do have throughout the main walkway area in World Showcase. That would help with the atmosphere.

Last edited:

It doesn't really matter what arguments there are for it to be open or closed. The fact is that it is open, and people are there. I'm glad they are enjoying themselves. I'm sure by now they are well-aware of the risks. People coming here everyday just to harp on the fact that it is open are doing zero service to anyone. People want to go, great! Have a wonderful time. People don't want to go, great! Have a wonderful time doing something else. It's really none of our business to tell anyone else whether to go on vacation, assuming they are following all guidelines and expectations.:confused3

EPCOT sounds wonderful to me, based on everyone’s reports. I’m admittedly a bit of a nerd about the architecture and theming, so I’m excited that it sounds like I’ll get the chance get a closer look at some things without worrying that I’m getting in peoples’ way. I get what several people have said about the lack of CMs and/or entertainment, but a kind of low key walk around the WS during F&W sounds really wonderful to me right now. Besides, Les Halles is open, and croissants make everything better 🥐
I feel the same way! One of my favorite things is coming in through IG and walking through WS without the crowds on my way in to the park. It's pure joy not to get trampled while taking pictures and enjoying my surroundings. I know it won't be the same, and I think if you go in thinking it will feel the same is going to lead to a bit of a let down. I am taking this time, when I do go in a few weeks, to enjoy the calm (lord knows I need it).

Why do you think Disney would announce that? I guarantee you there have been cases at every park thus far, but it would be business suicide if they actually let that information out.

You do realize individual companies dont announce these types of things, right? Disney doesn’t need to announce it when the media would gladly do it for them. Doesn’t matter if Disney wants it to get out or not, it would get out

Music in Future World was very low in February, especially around the construction zone. Could barely hear it (and couldn’t hear it at all in some spots!!) It was a bummer for me because I love the FW music loop. My sister and I were both whining about it to each other 🤣

I’m sure it’s an even weirder vibe with more walls now and all the covid-related changes at Epcot, but I noticed the FW music thing too in early February.
I am sure some of the off vibe is related to the low crowds and lack of international CRPs but I will say that Epcot felt not quite right to me back in early March. The construction was quite impactful on the overall experience and it all felt a bit off. Epcot is a favorite of mine and I usually make a point to visit several times per trip but I was there a very minimal amount in March because it felt like a park in major transition and not the park I love. So this off feeling people are experiencing now is probably a combo of all the changes because of COVID piled on top of an already odd feeling.

You do realize individual companies dont announce these types of things, right? Disney doesn’t need to announce it when the media would gladly do it for them. Doesn’t matter if Disney wants it to get out or not, it would get out

I don’t know that guests who pick up covid will run to the media over it, even though people are typically quick to blame things on Disney.

More likely, I think some guests will keep that they caught it quiet because they don’t want to be judged for the decisions they made. I don’t think we’ll ever have an accurate idea of cases from Disney unless we hear about it from a CM perspective - staffing issues, etc.

The news of a few projects at EPCOT being cancelled or PPD probably doesn’t help subconsciously either. You see all the construction walls, but the end result isn’t as ensuring as it was a few months ago

I am sure some of the off vibe is related to the low crowds and lack of international CRPs but I will say that Epcot felt not quite right to me back in early March. The construction was quite impactful on the overall experience and it all felt a bit off. Epcot is a favorite of mine and I usually make a point to visit several times per trip but I was there a very minimal amount in March because it felt like a park in major transition and not the park I love. So this off feeling people are experiencing now is probably a combo of all the changes because of COVID piled on top of an already odd feeling.
I agree with it having a feeling of "transition", even pre-Covid shutdown. I was there in mid February and there was SO MUCH construction it felt pretty weird. Once you got past future world mid-section it felt somewhat more normal. EPCOT is SO huge, we spent our day trip in mid February just doing future world attractions, didn't even venture into WS and we had a full day of activity. I think it will get better, but it, like the other parks, are just different right now-and that stands out more at EPCOT because of tons and tons of construction compounding the already different feeling at the other parks that aren't under major construction.

I don’t know that guests who pick up covid will run to the media over it, even though people are typically quick to blame things on Disney.

More likely, I think some guests will keep that they caught it quiet because they don’t want to be judged for the decisions they made. I don’t think we’ll ever have an accurate idea of cases from Disney unless we hear about it from a CM perspective - staffing issues, etc.

It wasn’t even a week after Disney closed that there was someone that had died from the virus after going on a business trip to Orlando and went to Disney during that trip.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/california-man-who-recently-visited-disney-world-dies-of-coronavirus/

It wasn’t even a week after Disney closed that there was someone that had died from the virus after going on a business trip to Orlando and went to Disney during that trip.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/california-man-who-recently-visited-disney-world-dies-of-coronavirus/

This was March 19th, when the first stories were just starting to come out about covid deaths in the US. Yes, they were quick to mention he had been at Disney.

I work in public relations and I agree - Disney is always slammed for things because it is a different beast. Disney has set a higher bar so they are held to a higher bar.

But I just don’t see someone who thinks it’s safe enough to go to Disney right now running to the media to blame them for catching covid. I don’t think they want to be proven that they were wrong in their risk assessment.

My opinion on this has evolved as time has gone on. At first, I thought when the parks opened, guests would point the finger at Disney. But now I think many people are going to keep that they caught it on the down low to not bring attention to the decision they made that caused it, especially if they had insisted it would be safe before going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter