CR MK Walkway question

bauer1168

DIS Veteran
Hey guys, lucky enough to be staying at CR in Dec. Stayed there in Jan. and used the MK walkway a lot as it is so handy to beat the queues at the buses and monorails.
My question is regarding the traffic light crossing section. If there are no cars near at all, yet the 'don't walk' sign is on, is it ok to cross? I know that probably sounds like a silly question, but in the UK, you can cross the road even if the 'walk' sign isn't on and there are no cars anywhere near.
Last time I used it in Jan. there would be people waiting to cross but no cars around. I waited with them for the 'walk' sign to come on as I wasn't sure if I'd breaking any laws by crossing (would that be jay walking?)
Hope hat hasn't confused ppl and would be grateful for any feedback, I just wanted to make sure what the law was regarding it.

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm not sure what the law is in Florida; however, I always walk if there are no cars nearby at that intersection. Maybe someone will have a definite answer about the law:confused3. Even if that is the law I will continue to walk at that intersection though as I can't imagine a cop ever giving you a ticket for that...

I can say that we walked through that intersection many, many times in our stays when it said do not walk.

Technically a police officer could give you a ticket, if you entered the crosswalk before the "Walk" signal was shown, but the odds of that happening are probably about the same as winning the lottery. If there is a cop sitting right there, I'd wait for the "Walk" light, but that's pretty unlikely. Do make sure you're extra careful, though, I seem to remember the traffic at that intersection can move pretty fast, so crossing without the benefit of the signal is something you'll want to do only if you are absolutely certain you'll be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter