• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

I've been to through the POLY hundreds of times. Okay I'm being a bit dramatic. And I've seen the art in this area before

. But question - for those who frequent a lot - do they change it every month - regularly? Or no - I'm just too busy running for sushi or Tonga Toast?

I was just so taken this time.

100_5372.jpg

That is a beautiful picture as are the infamous lighting fixtures.. You must have a good camera..mine would blur on those I'm sure.

This thread needs more lighting fixtures!!! Yes, there are other dorks out there that take photos of lighting fixtures, these are from Kidani Village:

Dorks? Nahhhh, my DH is an electrical engineer and one of the company owners is a lighting expert. We have pictures of light fixtures and outlet boxes. Still remember the looks we got while trying to take a picture of a outlet box hidden in the Epcot rose garden. We love your light fixtures!

What is that yummy pancake thing and where did you get it???
Great memories of when your parents took you way back when. I would love to know how much it cost for a night at the CR in 1974 - it would seem like a bargain these days! :goodvibes

OK, is that a picture of Tonga Toast? If it is I am confused - what is the cereal-y looking stuff on it? I have a breakfast reservation at Kona in May just to try the infamous TT... so I am wondering if this is it?!?!

Hello, what do we have here? It looks like a funny TR with fantabulous pictures - must be LisaV!

Im bang up to date with your TR, so if we could have more updates that would be great - theres a Curly Wurly in the fridge with my name on it that is begging to be eaten whilst reading your updates! :rotfl2:

Love your pictures, especially the one of the light fittings! :thumbsup2

Hello, what do we have here? It looks like a funny TR with fantabulous pictures - must be LisaV!

Im bang up to date with your TR, so if we could have more updates that would be great - theres a Curly Wurly in the fridge with my name on it that is begging to be eaten whilst reading your updates! :rotfl2:

Love your pictures, especially the one of the light fittings! :thumbsup2

Stop it - you evil evil girl. :lmao::lovestruc

Send it on over and the updates will begin.

Curly Wurly - for those who don't know - is a yummy British (Cadbury) chocolate bar.

And since we didn't push them out for a petty little taxation issue :rotfl:;) we can still find British curly wurlys in certain shops - AND when I was a child, clearing my throat - in the seventies - my favourite chocolate bar - hand's down -was the curly wurly's big _________ cousin the Wig Wag. It's since disappeared but my goodness - a Wig Wag - heaven. As I tell Kelly - the wig wag was three times the size cause it is North America. :sad2:

Did Wig Wag ever exist in the States? Or can I only claim Smarties, Aero and Coffee Crisp?

And Beelzbub bunny - better known as the Reester bunny - guess what? He must have gotten some kind of pardon and was allowed to sponsor his friggin' offspring into this country. What is happning? Yes folks there are baby reester bunnies. I would show you one - but once again disappeared. :lmao:

OMG. Chocolate. I have to stop. popcorn::

This thread needs more lighting fixtures!!! Yes, there are other dorks out there that take photos of lighting fixtures, these are from Kidani Village:

Disneymay09_20090501_0709.jpg

Disneymay09_20090501_0764.jpg

Disneymay09_20090501_0774.jpg

I love you. :lmao:

So wonderful. I'm going to search for some of my finds from Sanaa. I'll be back.

That middle one is killing me. Where is that at Kidani? Must be somewhere I didn't venture. I would have been all over that. :rotfl:

I love you. :lmao::rotfl2:

Oops! Sorry.

If the Reester gets a pardon so do you. :goodvibes ;)

That is a beautiful picture as are the infamous lighting fixtures.. You must have a good camera..mine would blur on those I'm sure.

Thank you.

Okay, I have a point and shoot camera. I paid just around - and I think under - a $100. (although I just found out it's a $350 camera - who knew - yeah for me. )

You know how I know it's a point and shoot?

Ready?

This guy asked me on my NYC Christmas pics if my camera was a P & S or a DSLR (Lord is that even right? )

I had NO IDEA what he was talking about. No clue. :lmao:

So I said "let's go with door #2". I was wrong. :laughing:

It gets better. I was telling my friend that I hated the screens on these cameras that I SO MISSED a viewfinder. He goes, "you have a viewfinder". I said, "no. You can't see anything through it". He goes, "just press this button Lisa".

OMG. I'm so slow. :rotfl::lmao:

Do not forget that those pieces of art - which I love as well and hope that someone knows how regularly they change them - are professionally lit so it's not really me.

And after a year of having it I've just been taught how to go off automatic and use a few other choices - so maybe I used some for those shots. I EVEN NOW KNOW how to check the picture to see. I'll check.

Yeah for brain cells being fired up.

Dorks? Nahhhh, my DH is an electrical engineer and one of the company owners is a lighting expert. We have pictures of light fixtures and outlet boxes. Still remember the looks we got while trying to take a picture of a outlet box hidden in the Epcot rose garden. We love your light fixtures!

Okay Crystal. Remember when I said "Evidence. Proof. Stories"?

Umm, I think we're covered. :3dglasses

So made me smile kikiq. :goodvibes

What is that yummy pancake thing and where did you get it???

Did you just call the glorious WPE's Crispy Corn Flake French Toast a "pancake thing"? :lmao::lovestruc

You get three by the way. Could feed two easily.

WOW...just wow. :lovestruc

:goodvibes

OK, is that a picture of Tonga Toast? If it is I am confused - what is the cereal-y looking stuff on it? I have a breakfast reservation at Kona in May just to try the infamous TT... so I am wondering if this is it?!?!

No, Tonga Toast is way bigger - thicker.

And yes - no cereal on top.

Don't forget that you can get TT at POLY's Captain Cooks (their CS) as well - as HockeyKat said. Maybe you'll love it so much you want another try. And if you do give a wave to the lovely artwork.

lugnut 33 - It's ON. :lmao:

Though I'm not really sure if these light up? :rotfl: Oh yes they do!!!! The joy that you've brought to this TR!!! Insert big smile.

They are from a previous trip.

101_2445-1.jpg

101_2443-1.jpg

Are we doing a light fixture throwdown on lisaviolets TR? All right!!

p124189382-4.jpg

p204009066-4.jpg

p437914384-4.jpg

p831125124-4.jpg

p970726210-4.jpg

p820879299-4.jpg

OT - sorry for butting in on this! I thought a true fixture aficionado might enjoy these though. :flower3: Just something from another architecture dork. :banana:

Still enjoying every minute of the report Lisa!! WPE was driving me crazy though and I had to know where to get cereal on french toast. :rotfl: Finally found it though - whew! I know I'm not a DTD expert.

Are we doing a light fixture throwdown on lisaviolets TR? All right!!

p124189382-4.jpg

p204009066-4.jpg

p437914384-4.jpg

p831125124-4.jpg

p970726210-4.jpg

p820879299-4.jpg

OT - sorry for butting in on this! I thought a true fixture aficionado might enjoy these though. :flower3: Just something from another architecture dork. :banana:

Still enjoying every minute of the report Lisa!! WPE was driving me crazy though and I had to know where to get cereal on french toast. :rotfl: Finally found it though - whew! I know I'm not a DTD expert.

Yeah!

So beautiful Kathy. SO BEAUTIFUL. :goodvibes

I think I only know four of them - maybe three. Any guesses guys?

As for Wolfgang Puck's Express - well whoops - I practically live at Downtown Disney on vacations. It eases the park pain. ;) Which is going to end soon I hope. I'm ready for some passes - preferably annual passes.

Well you know what - the only two I'm CERTAIN of are #3 ( I wonder why?:lmao:) and #4.

And okay #5 as well.

I'm such a chicken I should take a guess on the others.

I - JUST - LOST - ANOTHER - FRIGGIN - INSTALLMENT!!!! :scared1:

This time all my computer. Can't blame the DIS.

Be back later after I bang my head against the wall and calm down. :lovestruc

Lisa - I have been following your TR and I enjoyed the first day I read but seriously you get funnier with every post - is it the chocolate? Banging the head in frustration? You make the day brighter with your antics. And LIGHT FIXTURES?!?!?!?! I cannot believe how much I laughed about light fixtures and at the same time was intrigued about where they were from - perhaps a new hobby whole at WDW!!!!

I - JUST - LOST - ANOTHER - FRIGGIN - INSTALLMENT!!!! :scared1:

This time all my computer. Can't blame the DIS.

Be back later after I bang my head against the wall and calm down. :lovestruc

Oh, for the love of technology! :laughing: I want more of you TR!

NOOOOO!!!! Losing another installment! :sad2:

And no more guesses on the lights? Actually - I don't think I even read one! :laughing: But enough waiting.....

#1-3 are BWV's.

#4-5 are WL. :lovestruc #5 is along the sidewalk from the front entrance heading towards the park busses.

And #6 is TOTWL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter